Most hated expansion by far

I have played countless arenas in every expansion and almost every season but what’s happening now is beyond imagination. Are there even people working at Blizzard anymore? How can anyone justify the lack of changes that this game really needs? People are paying MONTHLY money for a game where a pvp change is as rare as christmas. You can buy games for 50€ once and get 10x more hotfixes or at least any response to issues while at Blizzard they seem to have given up completely. I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that we want this game to be good and competitive and that we would consider waiting a long time for a needed change if they at least announced it or gave us any response that they have taken note but they really don’t even do that. Even worse they make fun of their own game in QnA’s.
Last time I played actively was almost 2 months ago but I decided to give it another try couple days ago playing arc/ww/disc with 2 of the best players of their class atm. We were confident to push rating since we were only at 2.5 MMR but soon we noticed that our comb/gear was just not meant to be. After facing combs like destro sp rdrood and outplaying them from start to finish we noticed that skill in this tame does not matter anymore. Making a perfect go would just end in the rdrood pressing his 170k absorb trinket on his friend and before dampening was high enough I went oom. Since my class is designed like a wheelchair there was no way to drink while the rdrood could just go stealth and sneak a trink. I mean I dont mind not being the most op class as long as I can make plays to make up for it but this game has lost every competitive aspect. Every game is either decided by gear or the comb you play. Stop limiting the game with such a stupid design and a lot of people will actually consider coming back. As for me thats it until something big happens.
Happy dampening to the rest of the arena players that are left :wink:

40 Likes

I feel that. We had that as WW Shadow Pala. In 8.1 with S1 we where at ~2400 Cr with 2500 to 2600 MMR.

Currently its just not viable. Every TWD, TSG, DHDK & Jungle should be an auto lose for us. Destro+Shadow or X is heavily favored for them.

Another reason could be that once more less Arena participation how you face Glads on 2100 permanently ( ok that can be also the new wave of 2400 Glads) and former #1…on MAINS…guess they too dont give a damn anymore.

As written above, that problem was already before the PvE things came into the game.

As the Meta shifted our Composition got worse and worse. RMX is the only match up that feels even to play against…

2 Likes

Been the same for Legion and people said exactly what ur saying, skill is dead, only gear matter but honestly blizzard doesn’t give a damn and that’s sad so now you have to get the trinkets and sh*ts so u can actually play the game like the others or you quite and wait for the next expension where blizzard will again find a way to make the game even worst

The problem is that it gets worse and worse every expansion.

Nobody would have believed them if we told them in Legion what Bfa has it in for us. Or what Legion had it in for us as we had WoD…

We are at a point of no return. The next expansion wont fix that it does not feel rewarding to win. Its frustrating for me if we play Mains because how much we struggle with our random comp…

6 Likes

The problem also is that we need the explosive stuff to happen to fasten the game pace.

Also in previous expansions PvE Gear let you do more damage and made you squishier. But the PvE Items don’t do more damage, they increase your survival ability threefold…

Exact opposite direction…

It really is just like a slap in the face if the problems are so obvious but Blizzard does the exact opposite to fix it. Takes them ages to nerf old tank trinkets and when it finally happened they introduce new ones the same day. I don’t know if I should laugh about that or not but their lack of competence is… yea.

4 Likes

Not only worst expansion but also worst season. Usually S2 would be a bit better than S1 but blizzard actually managed to make it worse

13 Likes

Am long time destro player since TBC with over 700days played and almost every expansion at least 2.3k in all brackets/ more than enough overall experience…

I can attest to this. Skill really doesn’t matter anymore. My class/ spec is one of the best examples, sadly. Destro lost all its depth and even though basic caster POV PvP knowledge required, is just so dumb and frustrating to play.

There is zero difference between me an some reroller that just picks destro up this season. Outplay potential = 0. Comp and Gear matter way, WAY more.

5 Likes

It’s acrually disgusting that people’s like Dilly posting a ton of feedback on devs Twitter and he didn’t get any answers.

Awc challengers and a ton of multi r1 streamer already says and posting video about how stupid those pve gear are ruining the game and same no answers.

Just disgusting no point to play anymore :confused:

(f… K auto correction from cell phone btw x))

1 Like

Second part of the S1 was promising, because we had some kind of balance for majority of the classes (at least one spec), but the S2 is the most disgusting pvp season starting with not announced in advance rough 50% cut to azerit traits and ending with the worst pve abuse ever existed and complete lack of live balancing.

Second part of season one wasn’t better it just shifted the balance it made the classes who were super bad super op the meta still wasn’t good and now pve gear isn’t even the problem it’s the lack of damage can’t kill anything every game needs super high dampening to kill anything you simply can’t punish anyone for making a mistake until dampening is high and then because of this meta the pve gear is playing a big part in who wins or loses aswel as which class has the best CDs for a damp win if they buffed damage considerably for some classes it would make a huge difference

Yeah mate you cant kill anything cause of gear lmao. Like the trinkets and the CoS gear ALL pretty much giving hp or defensive increase. bring back pvp templates plz blizzzzz

3 Likes

I tried out playing today after like 2 months again too but it seems like it was the last time until 8.3 or 9.0. It’s actually impressive how bad this game has gotten. And the best of this is 8.2 is not even fixing anything of it, in fact we even get ashran back its harrowing.

can’t wait for classic when playing was actually still rewarding and fun. neither be it pve or pvp.

5 Likes

There is still a diference between a good and bad destru.
What you can say is that the diference is very minimal.

On destru gameplay, my fav spec for arenas has always been affliction but back when i started (tbc too) i would spec destru for bg’s/duels/wpvp.

In wrath i played destru on and off and was fun… really fun.

Im gonna share my xp a couple of games now that im playing a tier one comp (shadowplay).

Vs cleaves all i do if focused is sit in one spot and deal maximum amount of damage (the diference in skill comes here btw) and its the most boring gameplay i’ve had since legion.

Yes, legion was also the same for destruction btw.

They need to make affliction good just so people spec out of destru so then they can fix the class in 9.0… cause men this aint what warlocks are supposed to be.

Actually, gear shouldn’t matter in every competitive bracket of this game ( RBG , Arena 2v2 / 3v3 ) and there is 2 solution to fix this.

1. Pvp template again that work only in ranked but with the choice of our primary stats ( haste / crit / mastery ) let say we have to pay 100 gold at 1 NPC in orgrimmar/SW everytime we want to change our primary stats. + Template is removed in normal battleground so PVE Hero can still kill low geared people here and think they are skilled.
    or
  2. Get back the WoD system. (vendor that sell 380 ilvl pvp gear that go up to 420 ilevel when we enter in pvp instance ( rbg , arena , random battleground) ).

Sadly WoW is in very bad state for people that only like PvP, but you’re right alot of people would come back if blizzard fix the game.

Edit : I forgot to say but that my personnal opinion. Trinket / Enchant should be disable in ranked. I don’t think RNG is a good thing for pvp tho.

1 Like

I still like BfA more than Legion as Ele/Enh player. BfA has potential but because of stupid decisions it’s all wasted. We got a lot of utility back (not every spec but a lot of them) so there is at least a little bit more outplay potential but still not enough.

2 Likes

bfa s2 is the worst meta i ever played…idk how you could f uck up a solid s1 like this. Game was fine and fun before 8.1…

2 Likes

As Ele player I didn’t really like S1 meta as I couldn’t play 2s but I still enjoyed 3s more than now even though my spec was gimmicky.

Because we didn’t need dampening to kill anything before gear right?

Tbh games are shorter now than in S1. I barely remember games that didn’t go into dampening back then.