Mount Equipment Fiasco

Just wondering, is there anyone using mount equipments, anyone that spent gold for buying them? I personally never bought one and never needed one.

1 Like

I had a guildie make me the water one. That’s all anyone needs really.

2 Likes

Hmm, considering the flying it still seems useless but you said a guildie so I assume it was for free.

I have no idea but i managed to sell few at AH couple of weeks back.

I never used any since i took the decision to sell them all for gold instead of using them by myself.

1 Like

I’m making the no-daze for my alts, it’ll help leveling more than waterwalking.
The amount of materials the mount gear takes is insane (as any BfA crafting) and it should’ve worked like glyphs/essences (learned forever, swap at the cost of tome). Plus there should’ve been gather-while-mounted item but noooope.

4 Likes

All I use on my characters is the 40g Water Walking equipment bought by being Revered with The Anglers. It can be mailed to ALL characters, even cross-faction. Handy for characters getting around zones who are too low to be able to fly or who haven’t unlocked Pathfinder yet.

2 Likes

Then you are a clever person :smile_cat:

I think they might be more useful and valuable next expansion compared to the current state of the game.

I have the water walking equipment on all my chars, because I never bothered farming rep with the Anglers, and even with flying, water walking still has its uses (like Tol Dagor and Siege of Boralus, where they make my life so much less frustrating).

Bought them all from the AH.

Interesting, so there are people using it, only waterwalking one tho.

I recently bought some waterwalking ones from Nat Pagle for my alts. Still it kind of sucks you can’t carry more than one.

1 Like

I don’t have any of them personally, but if I were to get one it’d be the no daze one. I already have the engineering belt enchant and the surfboard if I need to cross water, and getting dazed is just really annoying.

Pretty much, unless you’re a DK (or shammy?).

wasted feature.

It is a nuisance having to buy them and mail them one at a time, but at least there’s mailbox very close by. Had to do that 18 times. :smiley: I certainly wouldn’t waste 9.5k per item (currently) in the AH for the crafted version when they are forty gold from Pat. Especially as, like the crafted version, once the faction version is fitted to a character’s mount ALL the character’s other mounts get to walk on water too.

There actually is item for “gathering-while-mounted” :stuck_out_tongue:

I got the water walking one for free from anglers rep so i have that one equipped on my chars, will probably be handy in shadowlands more then now.

I know and I use them a lot.
My point is: 2hr item =/= permanent equipment.

Ah i see, we don’t really know what new mount equipment will be in Shadowlands (i’m certain there will be more options, not just these poor ones we have now.)

I use water walking one i got sent when water walking was removed from mounts. Not planning to use anything else. Still bitter about having to buy it for my lowbies (even the price is cheap there is trouble for picking those up), it was just something taken away and added back as “content”. Pffff. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Just the mat costs. I actually took a break for classic so I don’t have flying yet. I still need to do mechagon but I can’t get over having to help stupid gnomes.

1 Like

I have made waterwalking for main and alts.
Never gonna buy from AH, prices were 70k per item, I don’t fund lunatics

1 Like