Mountcollectors assumed billionaires

It’s their way of balancing the gold in trade.

Having too much gold for players mean less people will buy subscription.

So they introduce these gold grabbing methods in the form of a mount each expansion. In pandaria, it was the transmog mount. Draenor, I don’t even know what. In legion, the lightforged one and in bfa, the long boy.

I play wow in a really casual way … I used to raid and mythic+ but family stuff prevents that now. So I usually level characters, rep grind and pet/mount collect… but after reading that absurd price tag I am pretty mad. I pay a sub, I paid for the expansions… I even buy the odd token, I will not be working my backside off in a game for some crappy reskin and def wouldn’t be buying tokens for it!

Looks at empty coin pouch

Yeah! Got loads of gold…

1 Like

Hmm I’m currently mog hunting… It have earned me a fair penny. So if you want to collect transmogs I’d highly recommend it since it don’t really matter on realm pop/realm wealth. Just clearing for example High Maul on three difficulties earns you about 5k gold and don’t really take long at all, mount and ride between bosses.

However if you are just in it for “quick” gold you can easially earn 15k / character just running raids weekly.

Avg. Values for the more profitable ones:

Wotlk:
Naxx 25 ~ 1,4k / run(skipping Kel’thuzad)
Ulduar 25 ~ 1,6k / run
ICC 25 ~ 1k / run

Cataclysm:
Bastion of Twilight 25 Heroic ~ 1k / run
Blackwing Decent 25 Heroic ~ 1k / run
Firelands 25 Heroic ~ 1,4k / run
Dragonsoul 25 Heroic ~ 1,7k / run

Mists:
Mogu’shan Vaults 25 Normal ~ 1,1k / run
Heart of Fear 25 Normal ~ 1,4k / run
Terrace of Endless Springs 25 Heroic ~ 800 / run (It’s really quick)
Throne of Thunder 25 Heroic ~ 3k / run(Vendor mount or massive empty bags recommended)
Siege of Orgrimmar 25 Heroic ~2,5k / run (Lots of RP, so takes time)

Most WoD raids are abour 1,3 - 1,5 k on all difficulties and goes really quick tbh.

I must say that some Vanilla dungeons can be really valuable due to them scaling up and the greens/blues with them… Stockades for example are in and out in 2 minutes with a average value of 100 g in just vendor trash just pull whole dungeon and AoE, do it 5 times and it’s 500 gold without even leaving SW.

It’s really easy to do tbh. If Linen and Wool sell well on your server you can earn even more alt. you can send it to a tailor(if you got one) and then Disenchant the greens into dusts and sell. Must say that Ramparts in Hellfire also work fairly well ~200g per run and you can basicly pull whole dungeon AoE, loot and reset.

So you have the advantage of having being left a guild it’s bank and that same bank being stuffed full of stuff you can sell? Sorry that puts you at a massive advantage when it comes to making money. You seem to think everyone else has the same luck and landed on their feet with a nice fat bank full of stuff you can sell as and when you need money well guess what most of the people in the game do not.

And not meaning to be rude but you come off as arrogant and condescending in your comments to others and not very humble either as well. Your circumstances are vastly different in the game to a lot of other people. Stop trying to get a rise out of others because you are well off in world.

This comes from someone who is not too bad off either but does not go around making others feel small on threads about how to make more gold in game.

2 Likes

you are right. old raids are probably the best steady and guaranteed form of income in the game now. as a collector, i am also trying to clear mogs and currently doing the LFR MoP & WoD raids as no flying is involved.

however, a few hundred or thousand per week is low when we are talking about some of these vendor bought mounts. if you just need gold for basic stuff, 15K a week is in fact very good, however it is also very time consuming. SoO is about 1 hour alone to clear due to rp and such.

TBC
champions treadblade 100K (horde cant get it anymore)
nether rays x5 1K
flying - 5K

WotLK
armored blue wind rider 2K
armored brown bear 750g
mammoth x2 (hodir) 11k
vendor mammoth 20K
wooly mammoth 10k

MoP
azure Water strider 5K (rep needed)
vendor yak 120K
amber Scorpion 10K (rep needed)
riding cranes x3 4.5K (rep needed)
goat x3 5.25K (rep needed)
yak x2 6K
tiger x3 4.5k

WoD
usually 5K plus apexis crystals

Legion
Spider 2M
Runistriders x6 60K
brawler’s basilisk 4K
brawler’s mushan 1.5k
lightforged warframe 625k (rep needed)

BfA
frogs x3 1M
longboi 5M
pale direhorn 500K
Alabaster Hyena 10K (rep needed)
cobalt pterrodax 10k (rep needed

the price of these things is going mental. mounts should be around 10k for average one (like the hyena and pterrodax) and then something special for the more special mounts, like maybe 100k or so.

1 Like

Mounts are like warcraft’s version of cars; they’re transport that people like to show off, in some cases can even imply status.

To be honest, they should be the most expansive things in the game

1 Like

I could hide the guild bank thing from everyone but being honest is prio for me.
Plus ive mentioned , its not my MAIN gold income.

For example ive sent Hunter’s glyph to my Hunter alt , Priest’s glyph to Priest alt etc.
So i sell around 10 glyphs per day or less aint big deal.
I even cba to run back to Stormwind to use AH since only my Pala got Engineering to use AH @ Boralus.

I dont even make 5k per day from this activity.
I dunno how you measure someone in humble scale.

Well , when i said to someone in a diff topic where he got scammed from buyin a boost ‘‘Get rekt , im glad you got scammed’’ or when i say ‘‘Yo playerbase, making gold these days are not hard at all’’ if you consider this ‘non humble’ , we have a different perspective in things i guess.

What making excuses now are we bringing other threads into this one to justify your arrogance here please give me break. That does not sit well with me.

I think your ego is too big to even be humble. I am unimpressed that you had to rub in the fact your well off on other players who clearly do not have the kind of luck you have had when it comes to in game wealth say what you like the rest of your posts in this thread paint a very different picture.

1 Like

If you believe that my ego is to big ,maybe its time to reconsider your perspective.
I didnt came here to rub ‘Im rich’ to noone since i dont consider myself being rich with an average of 1mil per alt meanwhile there are items and services selling daily at /2 for 100-200k , things that if i wanted to buy they would turn me into poor peasant.

I just said its not that hard to make gold with a minimal effort even if you are casual player like me.

Anyway , looks like we have way different mindset
Farewell

1 Like

Reconsider my perspective. That’s rich. Jog on. Your really not helping yourself other than confirming my views even more. Good night. Some of us have to sleep.

1 Like

I agree, its super easy to make gold.
Today i made 5 gold from selling boars tusks to npc.

2 Likes

they dont they just buy gold,no player can make millions in a short time,even running the ah its impossible,there is simply not enough items of value in the game not to mention the relative low pop on most servers.

There is a very simple explanation to why they made so many mounts cost so much: They will sell more tokens for real money. It’s always about real money.

1 Like

Since blizzard do not sell the gold but the players that’s just wrong…

What about you people wait for the New missions ? Might be some worth enough gold to make up for the mount cost. They’ll be avaible on the ptr soon.

1 Like

Gold making is not balanced. The community sets the prices, the community controls them. It’s not meant to be balanced, it’s just the economy of the game/realm.

Also, the big money doesn’t really come from grinding mats 40 hours a week.

Gz, have a cigar

They does for the average guy. Mats and consumables are the only items that move reasonably and make profit, variable based on the period. As example I made good cash simply flipping gems when the new rings come out.

The big money you’re referring to are the hundreds or million from rare items and mounts but those are neither for nor from the general playerbase, they are just a vehicle to move huge lump of gold between big goblins.

What I would like to genuinely know is how you people can consider yourself a collector of any sorts if you are not willing to put in any effort in said collection.

A mount collector would aim for gladiator every season to get the mount.
A mount collector would raid mythic to get the raid mount(s) before they’re 1% (and got the older ones back when they did get removed once content was over, like the early WotLK raid achievement ones).
And thus, a mount collector would throw in the required amount of money to buy store mounts and buy expensive vendor mounts.

Considering you folks aren’t willing to do the first two options already, why do you care about the third? What makes the expensive mounts being out of reach so much more unfair than say, you not being able to get the gladiator ones?

You forgot the botting option.

From what I heard from folks, AH flipping really isn’t as time consuming as it seems.

As for boosting, I did my fair share of arena boosts back in the day and it didn’t cost a lot of time at all. Dungeon boosting nowadays is easier than ever as well, because compared to CMs, skill goes out the window and is replaced by gear and people are willing to pay absurd amounts for completely faceroll content because… they have absurd amounts I guess.

1 Like

To be honest, high-cost mounts are just Blizzard’s attempt at sucking money out of the economy. They are gold sinks. I’d prefer small-scale gold sinks that have some allure for multiple purchases, but I do see the idea behind high priced prestige purchases!