Moving to NA, what do we lose?

My fiancé and I are moving to Canada from the United Kingdom in July. We have, between us, spent thousands of pounds on our WoW accounts over the past 14 years or so. Is there anyway for us to keep all of our in-game purchases, more than anything, when we transition to NA accounts?

We know we will have to purchase new NA versions of the game but we also know we can add it to the same Battle Net account. Do we keep any in-game purchases in this process or are these also region-locked? It would baffle us if this was not an option going into 2019 but we are apprehensive about spending any more money on the game, with things like the See Us Later mount/pet bundle, if it will all be lost in the near future.

Thanks

No, there is no connection between the regions accounts and they cannot be transferred. I think they should be though.

Right, but if I buy something on the Store page of the BNET client it is automatically assigned to my world of warcraft account; I don’t pick one. Does that mean anything bought for World of Warcraft game associated with my account would in turn be applied to any of my WoW accounts EU, NA or otherwise?

I know we can’t keep achievements, characters, titles etc. But, what about things bought in the Store or Shop?

They have to be bought from the US shop, as I said there is no connection and the EU stuff you have bought cannot be used by and will not transfer to a US account. A few people have asked this in the past and gotten this answer from Blizzard.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us

The only good news, if you can call it that is that there is a sale on at the moment.

You could just continue to play on your current, euro accounts, there’s nothing technical preventing you from doing so… Obviously there will be some additional latency, you’ll have to determine yourselves if it is acceptable or not (amount of lag would also depend on how far westwards into Canada you settle…)

Then there would be the time difference, you’d be out of sync with most of the realm population, and probably end up playing a lot of in-game night time when everything is dark and dreary and when it is difficult to see. Again, you’ll have to decide if that’s acceptable to you. :slight_smile:

Still, it might beat re-buying all your store stuff and losing all your achievements, special events rewards and whatnot and so on, especially with all the expense of moving and setting up house in a foreign country and all.

That’s beyond words of disappointment.

Everything you said is the problem. It’s really hard to decide. We’re throwing £3000 down the drain if we change but then we’ll struggle to raid or settle in a guild and make friends. Damn this is a big dilemma.

If you can put up with the time difference you can play your EU account from the US.

With a decent connection you will notice a latency of about 130-150 MS.

Was always more of a problem for me than the latency.

You can just remain on EU servers. The ping really isn’t that bad and you’ll adjust to it soon enough.

Sorry if this has been answered but you can continue to play wow on the european servers, so long as you only use the european client (the one you are using now), anything bought on the store will be for that account, as long as you purchase directly from the client, it should send you to the wow eu site. It might be a little laggy or very laggy if your going to the west coast. You cant transfer anything between EU and NA accounts unfortunately. Most people who plan to move between NA->EU or vice versa usually end up buying a new account and having to put up with the fact you lost everything, but in reality you havent because you can still sub and continue to play your eu account as long as you continue to use the eu client.

Thank you for using the search function to try and find a solution or answer, but please do not bump such old threads.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!