Multiboxing being abused to farm herbs

27/10/2018 14:42Posted by Hthonia
27/10/2018 14:32Posted by Shaerei

How exactly? How would the result change if it was only one person picking up the herb? It would still be picked up.
Multiboxing is just multiplying ingame gold profit.
And no, I never used it.

after 10 ppl loot the herb is still there but its empty
if are on the tail of another herber you can pick up...i dont know how long is the time window, i guess it's like 20-30 seconds....if a multiboxer or a raid is in the zone, you might reach the herb in time but it will be empty

It's weekend alright.
27/10/2018 16:38Posted by SerÄph
it doesn't matter what they are doing; a multiboxer's presence is always obnoxious and overbearing - ruining the gameplay for those around them

last one i saw was 10~ Moonkins blanketing a specific quest area in Starfalls tagging all the mobs making the entire area unusable for anyone else

probably farming cloth

This might be reportable, not because of multiboxing offcourse, if it's a group of characters from several people same rules apply.

If the mobs in question are needed for a quest or world quest and they are systematically tagging all of them, preventing other players from doing said quest it is reportable as zone disruption.
They pay multiple accounts so blizz won't do anything
28/10/2018 00:01Posted by Espanca
If the mobs in question are needed for a quest or world quest and they are systematically tagging all of them, preventing other players from doing said quest it is reportable as zone disruption.

ehrm, no.
No it's not.
else every piece of farming mobs for reputation, timeless isle, or for certain drops, anywhere, would be banable.
28/10/2018 00:19Posted by Varileztra
ehrm, no.
No it's not.
else every piece of farming mobs for reputation, timeless isle, or for certain drops, anywhere, would be banable.

read harder :)
Pure cheat mode and unfair in world pvp, but it makes Blizz money so it's allowed
1 Like
28/10/2018 00:01Posted by Espanca

I don't know what you're smoking but can I have some ? So that means that all these groups of 5 or 2x4 that farm mobs for boes like in Corlain at that aviary should be banned ?
I doubt Blizzard will do anything to prevent this, multiboxers swarm AH with herbs which reduces herb prices, making it more available to other players, unfortunately it does hurt us farmers, but what can you do.
27/10/2018 16:41Posted by Aylish
27/10/2018 08:19Posted by Demanu
Change anchor weed to make it spawn in a specific zone like starlight rose did.

Or just make it spawn more often, or let it have a chance to drop from herbs looted as well, like Fel Lotus did in TBC. I like being able to farm Anchor Weed while farming other necessary herbs.

It's pretty obvious that it's rather unbalanced when the only herb I ever farm for is Anchor Weed, yet the amount of other herbs I have stored is massively outnumbering Anchor Weed. I have several hundred of the other herbs left whenever I run out of Anchor Weed, and the amount of the other herbs keep rising as I never have enough Anchor Weed to spend the other herbs.
That's why i think it would be better to be in a single zone instead of randomly spawning in every zone.

Being able to pick it consistently would drive the value down even more, flood the market with cheap flasks and potions, you could theorize that bots would start to stop farming it because of how plentiful it became, so everyone is happy except the bots and multiboxers.
Multiboxing being abused to farm herbs.

Yeah, I mean... what else purpose would they be used for other than herbing/mining?
To ban someone from multiboxing and farming herbs is the same argument than banning lets say 10 players teaming up and farming herbs. Both scenarios have 10 players from 10 paying accounts farming herbs. I don't see the problem! If someone is willing to pay and level 10 accounts he/she should benefit from having 10 accounts and farming herbs or WQ's x 10. Legit and Simples!
27/10/2018 07:57Posted by Keyur
Herbs nodes are controlled with hardcore farmers.
Casual people dont have even chance to get anchor weed for their own flasks.

I am getting 1-2 anchor weed nod max each 2 day while doing dailys in bfa.

Thats because you haven't done the quests to get rank 3. Also haven't seen a single multiboxer farming herbs this expansion, anyone can easily farm enough for a week's raiding etc in an hour or if you want to sell then well over 30k an hour.
28/10/2018 14:26Posted by Kbire
i think the 3 days bfa trail abuse, is how they're collecting herbs.

i don't it's possible for 10 accounts to being used, 130 euros and 500 euros expansion cost. the cost of 31 tokens. i don't think herbs has that profit for all these.

Multiboxers farming herbs etc were doing it way before the 3 day event. They dont affect the spawns of the herbs or the timers for despawning any more than 1 person does.
Well if it makes that much a big problem for you start to multibox ur self as well. At end of the day the multiboxer is paying for every single account he is runining and it is allowed by blizzards game rules.
I followed a Druid again today, at least 7 toons he had. the herbs disappear when u try to pick after him. 7 anchor weed in two hours because of this BS. I took a screenshot but i dont know if u can post those here.

This really needs to stop. It is completely unfair to regular players.

I dont understand why we have to swallow this kind of crap. No kind of botting should be allowed and in essence these multiboxers are using a program to automatically loot on multiple different toons at the same time...its utter crap.
1 Like
28/10/2018 15:11Posted by Mabb
Well if it makes that much a big problem for you start to multibox ur self as well. At end of the day the multiboxer is paying for every single account he is runining and it is allowed by blizzards game rules.

Having multiple toons is allowed. Running a frigging script to pick on 7 different toons is questionable.
1 Like
And now there is a second set of multiboxing druids herbing the same place. This is impossible to compete with.
1 Like
27/10/2018 07:57Posted by Keyur
Herbs nodes are controlled with hardcore farmers.
Casual people dont have even chance to get anchor weed for their own flasks.

I am getting 1-2 anchor weed nod max each 2 day while doing dailys in bfa.

Yes,exactly this.
I have seen a lot of people around one anchor weed,i dont know what they are doing but it's something tricky.
The only anchor weed you normally find is in the zone without farmers and with doing other activies.
Multiboxers and realm hoppers have ruined herbing/mining for all and screwed the whole economy. If you're not shard hopping when herbing you're doing it wrong; you keep hopping until you hit a shard with no other herbalists and then you herb an obscene amount of herbs/hour.
2 Likes
08/11/2018 08:16Posted by Seralya
Multiboxers and realm hoppers have ruined herbing/mining for all and screwed the whole economy. If you're not shard hopping when herbing you're doing it wrong; you keep hopping until you hit a shard with no other herbalists and then you herb an obscene amount of herbs/hour.

Can i ask what u mean by shard hopping? And how this is done? Im getting tired of trying to find anchor weed to make myself flasks