Multiboxing must STOP

It has to stop, I mean the places that i went to farm my stuff are completly ruined by a multi boxer. They say that Blizzard won’t do anything as long as it is not a script or within PvP. Meanwhile they do abuse it, as well as the economy. To add to this topic a complete waist of server space for actual players so that the community will grow. Haven’t played since the first 2 weeks of classic and saw multi boxing, several months later and see this even more frequent in retail now as well. To be honest I don’t give a %!?** about that they pay for it. its not attractive for people to play the game if they see this constantly
The Shame

12 Likes

If it’s about the multi boxers farming your stuff, then the loot system for profession nodes is the problem, not the multi boxers per se.

3 Likes

:popcorn:

Its botters not boxers 2 totally different things .

Lost a Southshore vs Tarren Mill brawl,

Because it was 1! multiboxer on Alliance side.
15 DKs / 15 Shamans and some warriors i believe. Ive still got some screenshots.

Brawl was completely unplayable, lag was insane and with all these stacked classes, we were fighting 700 ghouls, 15 earth elementals and were maxed out on disease slots.

Multiboxing is fine to some degree, but it has taken over the economy, pvp scene and just general profession use.

It has to stop somewhere.

Profession nodes should let you only loot that node once from that IP. :wink:

Sadly that wouldn’t be easy, if not impossible to set up from a technical stand point.

The problem is that there’s no ideal solution.

The current solution is heavily favouring multi-boxers and has a negative effect on the economy imo.

The old solution (nodes are just usable by 1 player) has disadvantages aswell (anyone that has played the 8.3 assault zones knows what I’m talking about). It just doesn’t feel good to compete over nodes in a game where you’re supposed to play together. Having mobs near a node makes this even worse, because it enforces egoistic behaviour as letting others aggro those and then steal their node.

I’m curious if anyone can come up with a good solution for this, but I definetly can’t.

This again… everyday

1 Like

How about they keep it as it is now, that one node can be picked up by 5(?) people, but it has 10sec CD between each player picking it up? Same amount of resources, just multiboxers will require way more time to pick up…

Not sure if blizz wants to do anything against this tho.

1 Like

I think the ideal solution is to make nodes farmable once and you get all loot from them from a single use. That way - sure, nodes will disappear after one person loots them (so maybe spawn rate can be modified to accommodate for this). This system isn’t ideal, but will definitely discourage multiboxers at least from resource farming.

Increasing the limit of a resource node will just mean you take more multiboxed accounts.

Right now there’s the issue of feeling like a sucker for not multiboxing. I’m flying around, mining my ore, and someone does it with a tenfold efficiency… and like, I want to do this too.

1 Like

Week-end thread in my books, done by someone who does all of those threads every 2nd day.

• day visited
  • < 1m read time
  • 2 topics viewed
  • 5 posts read

How many alts you have that we’ve yet to see ?

Must be a problem about it if everyday same topic innit?

Was thinking a few days back of a way to make Herb/Mining not get messed up so much by multiboxing.

Basically a way to hamper it would be to slightly change how nodes work.

Keep the current despawn/respawn timer on them and the ability to have more than one player able to use them.

But make it so when someone uses a node it becomes unusable for 3-4 seconds before someone else can use it. This will work fine for normal players who happen to have got to the herb/ore around the same time and shouldn’t cause issue.

But for a multiboxer they will spend like 20-30+ seconds on that one node trying to get it on all their other characters (and it may have despawned before they even mange to get it on all)

Going back to the older way of 1 person per node spawn is silly because too many nodes are near mobs, and people will wait for someone to pull aggro before stealing the node from them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.