[Music Thread]Argent.ly

Turn on the ignition
With my skeleton
keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

While my favourite album of hers will probably always be The Archandroid I still listen to last year’s Dirty Computer a lot. Janelle Monáe is one of my favourite artists and why she isn’t Beyoncé-level huge is beyond me. Saw her in Brussels last year and her show was one of the best I’ve ever seen. Would definitely recommend seeing her if she happens to play at a festival you’re visiting anyways.

Lucifer - A Grave For Each One Of Us

1 Like
1 Like

Breaking the aLIEz - Linkin Park vs. ALDNOAH.ZERO

Music to help you sleep.

1 Like

Because I love kind of sentimental hip hop, too. The line about almond milk always makes me laugh a bit.

Swedish dwarf metal. Because of course that exists.

An immensely dark, but astonishing beautiful and sad song, one of my absolute all time favorites, by one of my absolute favorite bands, Coil, from their master piece of an album “Musick to Play in the Dark Vol. 2”:

It’d be a lie if I didn’t say I listened to this constantly. <3

1 Like

As you should! It’s a classic!

1 Like

That would be genuine Sonic Occultism, Radio Werewolf did the same thing although differently, I’m not sure what Coil was trying to invoke here but Radio Werewolf did music designed to help members of the Church Of Satan with meditation.

Observe

1 Like

The two core members of Coil were both members of Thelma, also known as O.T.O, or Ordo Templi Orientis, which I suppose could be classified as a form of occult organization, Aleister Crowley was a member of it as well.

The vocalist and lyrics writer, which is one of the two core members of Coil, Jhon Balance, has also descibed him self as being a born-again pagan.

By far most of their music is in the darker end of the spectrum, but ranging over a really broad spectrum of different styles/expressions, from dark ambient, over avantgarde electronic music, to industrial and beyond, all though fitting the label of more or less experimental electronic music.

Here’s a quite different kind of song by them, the picture used for the video is of the vocalist and lyrics writer, Jhon Balance:

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like