[Music Thread]Argent.ly

I’m obcessed with Zhavia :slight_smile: Yes guurl!

If this isn’t a complete and utter bop for you, I am convinced you’re not human.

Surprised this masterpiece has not yet been linked

1 Like

It has, but man its so worth listening to again. They made a great effort with that soundtrack.

Going on with the GoT soundtrack flow here’s another famous one:

How about a bonus song? (SPOILER SEASON 8 EPISODE 2)

3 Likes
2 Likes

New Deportees EP dropping on friday. This song and the other one that they’ve released from it so far are promising.

1 Like

I’ve always preferred Danzig-era Misfits over Graves but there are some solid songs on both Graves albums.

1 Like

Not super big fan of Danzig myself, but I do like ‘‘Last Caress’’ and ‘‘Die, Die Darling’’.

Of his music or his personality? I like his music but as a person he’s kind of offputting. Dude tries way too hard to be “dark” and “edgy”, even now that he’s in his 50s.

Nah, his singing voice.

Really? Woah, to each their own I guess. I love his voice. One of the better vocalists that came out of the 70s/80s hardcore scene in my opinion.

Yeah, I think he sounds bored out of his mind.

At least during the early stuff. Dunno about now.

1 Like

His best work in my opinion are the first three Danzig albums and the Samhain stuff.

1 Like

Listening to the first Danzig album now, and his voice sounds way better here than the early Misfits album. He actually has some power in his voice here.

1 Like

Danzig really benefits from the much better recording quality. Many not that great vocalists from the early hardcore scene don’t sound much better with good production than they do with crappy punk production. Honestly, in many of those cases I’ll take the awful, old recordings over whatever they’re doing with a proper studio. Not with Danzig though, even though early Misfits will always have a special place in my heart.

1 Like

Speaking of vocalists that don’t suffer much from punk recordings. Hi John Joseph!