My Saturday Evening

Its Saturday evening. Me and my friend (that i play arenas with) are playing game after game in Apex Legends. It feels so good, interactive, rewarding. I used to feel like this when playing 2v2 back in wotlk… At around 1:30-2 AM, after another game, we figured that we haven’t capped yet on our mains in WOW (we dont play arenas during the week cuz of our working times does not match). We both felt like this - “We are having so much fun atm, however we have to log in to WOW and do the cap cuz we will lose that PVP Cache on Wednesday”. It felt like i had to go to work. So we were on a crossroad, should we log in to suffer from this pain called “arena” at the moment to get a PVP Cache on wednesday that most likely going to give us an item that we already have in a game that i am paying every month for, or do we keep playing this free to play game, that doesnt make me “play to keep up with the rest” and enjoy. Well you probably guessed it. I still haven’t capped.
The worst thing is that i used to abandon any other game over WOW, however it seems everything changes.
Not here to state anything, just how i felt on Saturday evening.

2 Likes

This makes me think… BRING BACK PVP SETS !

1 Like

You’d think that from a game with a monthly subscription model, full-price expansions, paid character services AND a cash shop, you could expect a certain level of quality.
Alas, this is no longer the case.

4 Likes

Very simple answer OP. If you are playing something else at the moment, you won’t be needing things from the stupid cache this week. Keep on doing what makes you happy and where you have fun! When you deside to come back to WOW you can continue from where you left. :hearts:

4 Likes

Who cares, the RNG gods will probably give you useless stuff anyways.
Keep doing what you like

2 Likes

On the one hand I’m tempted to say if it feels like a chore then don’t do it, but then I’d be being very hypocritical considering the stuff I do daily that I consider a chore. There are still other aspects of the game I enjoy so that makes up for it. If you’re not finding you’re wanting to log in then maybe it’s time to take a break.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind the chores so much if I wasn’t the one paying for them, personally. I feel the subscription fee is no longer justified considering that most things are time-gate one way or another.
Hell, there aren’t even any ACTUAL grinds in BfA, far as I’m aware, nothing you could knock out in a weekend. Just Emissaries and World Quests and a stupid necklace nobody cares about that has you chasing a pointless currency to stay competitive.

I don’t get it. Who in their right mind thought that making the player HAVE to log in was a better goal than making the player WANT to log in?

5 Likes

It’s not too long before you say that about Apex Legends because like you said, things change.

1 Like

I had the same feeling when i tried Ring of elysium for the First time.
AWESOME free to play pubg like game. I had so much fun. Wow now feels like a pusnishment and boring chores. I think blizzard should pay ppl for playing wow.
Once u try some Real game woth Real originál content… This copy paste like content in wow suddenly feels like its not worth your time anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.