My suggestions for warlock changes

Hey Blizzard

Warlocks in generel are struggling very hard in PvP atm, and i thought of some changes that i would like to see. I invite all my fellow warlock players to type in their thoughts and experiences in the comments.

• Unending Resolve should be a baseline 2 min cooldown.
  • Soul Link should be baseline for all specs, and not just demo.
  • Pet summon cast time should be reduced or pets should be tankier (they get instant deleted, and health funnel seems to do nothing)

As for the damage side of things, i feel like the major balance issue lies some classes being completely out of control in PvP (WW, Warrior, BM, Ret, DH, Enhance) and i feel like tuning these down will make more sense than tweaking the rest with minor insuffient % buffs.

That being said i would like to see;

• Darksoul becomes undispelable
  • Backdraft becomes undispelable
  • Infernal cooldown reduction tool as we see with affliction darkglare / “Corrupting leer conduit or Wilfreds Sigil of superior summoning for demo” (X abilities damage have a % chance of reducing your Infernal cooldown with x seconds)
  • Flat Haste and damage % buff (As we are pretty much the only “Hardcasters” left together with frost mage, and when we get casts off they should be more impactful than they currently are)

As a side note i will like to point out that the 2.5 sec (Base cast time) Chaos bolt actually does less damage than most instant melee abilities like Condemn, Execute, Verdicts etc. Even combined with darksoul, trinket, racials, which i feel is a bit crazy to be honest and shouldnt be the case.

Thats my thoughts on potential warlock changes (for now) please feel free to add to this topic, and if you want to play some arena/rbgs you can add my BT (Felblaze#2838). I play WoW PvP a lot and i am always looking for new connections.

Tyvm and have a good1 =)

8 Likes

Health Funnel should work the same as Mend Pet. Having to channel it is just disgusting as a caster, especially as demo when you need your pet the most and are as vulnerable to lockouts as you are.

Should be instant, HoT that heals for a lot.

5 Likes

There was a glyph in MOP (i think?) that made health funnel instant cast and gave it a short cd.

4 Likes

+1
A talent should not be purgeable

4 Likes

They need to replace dead talents and bring back old yseful ones like Dark regen/bargain, and insta shadowfury.

Honestly they should look into warlock abilities from MoP or something.

I’ll say it again warlocks are currently outdated we are the most boring caster or even class to play in the game. We’ve been pruned so much.

Even our gateway mastery got turned into a honor talent??? And iur gateway use to look way cooler back then too

4 Likes

I know this will never happen, but I want Soul Swap and Fel Flame back.

9 Likes

Yes please, fel Flame should deal the dmg shadowbolt/incinerate does now and buff the other two.

This paired with demon skin, Demon Armor and soul link baseline would be great for our survivability.

This was Ions sadistic work, gateway was to strong in PvE, so they need to nerf it in PvP.i don’t know why they did it this way. The best solution would be in instances PvE scenario you only have 40 meters instead of 70.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t say no to Kiljaeden’s Cunning to return.

4 Likes

I would love Metamorphosis to have a big return… but this will never happen. Ion is still in charge, as long as he has the control over wow warlocks will stay as they are. Because he thinks we are fine.

4 Likes

and how about new demons? that would be nice

1 Like

Rather they focused on gameplay tbh. However art and gameplay are different departments. I want both.

1 Like

I’m so confused by this one. You do realise that it works for all 3 spec, yeah?

2 Likes

Yes indeed, but i want it added to all specs as a baseline passive that reduces the CD on your most powerful demons relative to your spec =)

1 Like

Ultimately what I would like is for the class to feel better outside of our 30 Sec CD burst.

Just feels underwhelming.

4 Likes

2 min Unending resovle would be too good… Dont forget it makes you immune to kicks.
Most of the time nobody plays with pet out because it dies too quickly. Add Soul Link dmg share on top of that and your healer will have hard time healing you or pet.
Darksoul shouldnt be dispellable i can agree with you on that.

I dont think there is anything blizz can do to make warlocks decent in pvp. It’s just one of those expansions where warlock just sux.

For destro i woul like to see dmg buff to CB or some talent that makes easier to get cast off.
For affliction to be viable 1st i would like to see nerfs to hunter FD lego and maybe small buff to dot dmg.

1 Like

I would change the survivability, Demon Skin and demon armor are to weak to be talents. Those should be baseline and soul link shouldn’t be only demo, so the 20% hp but with GoSac will have his return.

1 Like

It wouldn’t. Maldiva yesterday died to WW through wall despite hitting it at 80% HP. And his shaman had healing tide on the ground too (he pre-casted it before cc).

In this meta where people do insane burst damage, 3 min. 40% wall is not good. Simply not good. DH | 1.5 min Hunt | WW, 2x SEF, Bonedust, SCK Procs, Xuen, | Warrior Avatar + Banner or 1 min spear etc. so many things to count. They all can go for a 2nd burst before your UR comes back up.

That’s why they keep buffing Dark Pact but they can’t understand that even with soul leech, Warlocks can’t even stay still and tank DPS for 5 seconds. Without it, we melt like ice on a summer day.

4 Likes

i mean there’s a clip of a demo lock dying 100-0 through wall and sl to a ww/boomie in 2 globals lol

idk lock feels so bad to play even when it’s good, it’s just so boring

1 Like

I also died a thew times during wall. I don’t mind the big burst, but if somebody activates the def cd, this should stop the burst.

2 Likes

Agree 100%

3 Likes