Mythic + Implement Penalty For Leavers/AFK

I know Mythic + is a big push for players and it is very competitive. Especially when you start reaching high keys.

But its unfair when people just decide to leave/afk when i understand there can be plenty of legitimate reasons (In real life issues/etc). However when a player straight up leaves a dungeon because your team wiped once on a hard boss/pack of mobs depending on the week rotation. You can all agree 99% of the time its arrogant and toxic players that does this. Mainly it is unfair on:

1. The player with the Key (Being Downgraded)
  2. The amount of time forming a group
  3. Just everyone in general, actually trying to enjoy the game

I suggest can blizzard please create some sort of punishment system, rather than only having the option to report a players name or communications. Which does not fall under the category for a player being childish.

I.E i think players shouldn’t get a pointless deserter buff when leveling. But you should get a Sickness Resurrection Buff for 1 Hour. If you leave a dungeon pre completion.

2 Likes

Very new and innovative topic indeed.

2 Likes

But you should get a Sickness Resurrection Buff for 1 Hour. If you leave a dungeon pre completion.

how to solve this if you playing with premade and you know you’re already not timing it, so your team decide to go key lower? Do we have to wait 1hr between all runs we give up? There is no way they add punishment system, they should rework keystone (item). Maybe something like this An easy solution to Mythic + system - Gameplay / Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

You still lose time, but at least you don’t lose key and you can still run it again with same dudes except the one how was afk/left.

Jesus dude, use the search function, literally the thread below you discusses the same stuff and why its a bad idea.

you need a better guild.

Or the key just doesn’t get downgraded. I just see this as more prof, that the developers doesn’t play this game. Or only play with friends, and have never pugged. Mythic+ is proberly the worst garbage i have experienced in a mmo.

Normally bad players are forcing people to leave, no?
I’d agree, if player decides to leave they should give feedback or report bad player who forced decision to leave. For example, reasons could be - missed important kick 10 times, was standing in fire for 10s total, pulled trash 3 times while not being tank, did less dps than healer etc.

I had a run, where i think we had 2 or 3 deaths before the first boss. The 2 of them, was the healer. Then the healer left. So he was bad, and then left. My experience tells me, the healer often isn’t the first to die. It happens every now and then. But still.
But I have unsubscribed. I find the whole system to be a horrible design. Either it’s designed by people that doesn’t play the game. Or by people that have fixed people to play with, so they don’t have to pug

Tips to not get leavers in your group.

• don’t do DMG less then tank.
  • don’t queue up if you are not properly equipped
  • use your toolkit. Kicks, stuns,fears

Leaving is not a sin if you are wasting others people time.

Healers are also targets of any (spirit) bolt and burden of knowledge casts. Sounds like failed interrupts to me.

I didn’t mention the dungeon or what mobs in the dungeon

So you basically made no point. Just wanted to bash on someone. Someone died so he must be bad.

I did. It just isn’t my fault you lack the intelligence to understand it. My point was someone that ragequits when it’s their own fault. It was Sanguine depths. It was the same part, as the first boss is on. Several mobs that uses the same ability. You can’t interupt them all. Plus I have been there before, without the healing dying. And i don’t see someone as being bad for dying. It happens to everyone

So the healer got double engorged (or what is the name) and then it is his fault he dies? Exactly proving my point. Lack of interrupts. You lack the knowledge the target of that cast is random. So yeah usually the healer lives. This is not on the healer at all. The healer rage quitted, not that i agree with that behaviour, but he couldnt help it.

And for the record; you CAN interrupt them all. But that is probably my lack of intelligence to know how.

You most certainly can.

He got the dungeon wrong but his point stands. It’s not always the fault of the person dying, hes reliant on his team to stop the damage.
You’re pretty oblivious to cause and effect.

I only gave suggestions about certain cast names that kill people :grin: Obviously i did not know the dungeon. That is why i said “any” bolt and cast. Not so sure why that got an issue in itself. People, including healers, die by casts going off :man_shrugging:

It is a funny response though; most healers don’t die before 1st boss so it must be the healers fault when he does.

:joy:

This is exactly why people should not look at other peoples gameplay but should focus on their own. From another players point of view somehow others are always bad and get blamed for whatever.

So you are able to interrupt the abilites of 5 mobs at the same time?

No one said anything, of what i remember. The healer just left without a word. But i’m done with it. I unsubscribed. I found it a bad/horrible experience most of the time. I think some of the dungeons are so poorly designed. But people view things differently. But considering that the game might be at an all time low with players. Should tell that others might feel the same way. Or they don’t like other things. But i’m done with this topic

There arent 5 mobs that need interrupting.

Theres also fears and stuns which can stop the whole pack, mindblowing right?

In my opinion just make the key not downgradable if anyone leaves. There are already plenty of leavers so getting a few more won’t be a problem, because pugs don’t care anyway. Also there is NPC which can downgrade it on demand so in my opinion the timer should be the only other downgrading mechanic.

Nope… Had so many PUGs with moronic tanks who pulled like crazy and just deserved the leave. It’s a game and not a job… you are not forced to play with people who are just anoying