Mythic+ keys system revision? When?

I would like to be able to gear dps characters in a relatively short period of time, I’m not asking free gear but right know If I have to do other chores in my life I cant do it.

Look I’m not vain but I know I can perform better than many players who have high leveled gear but I just dont stand the time consuming factor and frustration this system creates and I stop trying and therefore many dps classes that I’ve leveled had been left in the dust.

Even if I focus 24/7 in gearing several characters I don’t think I would do it due to frustration trying to get invited into m+ keys.

So what I’m asking here is make m+ key system available for everyone that have enough ilvl or enough raider io by automatically through finder group or whatever put groups together to do any key.

I don’t think is too difficult is a win win situation but sometimes I think there is a conspiracy.

So now shall we start the round of negative comments against it and to discredit.

It’s fairly easy to gear a DPS character: build a network of friends, run keys with them, ask them to help you gear (perhaps on their alts, or whatever). Works remarkably well, and doesn’t require any complicated system developed, just you adding people to your friend list after good runs.

9 Likes

Love your point! I would rather take some time gating on gear levels then low drops rates. Like first month you can reach 210 second 220 and during that u have actually fun doing m+ because there is a f…loot instead of anima. But I guess the normal life players with a job already quit the game and u will only get bad response from elitist masochists from this forum

1 Like

Oh god no please not an automated m+ finder, that’s nightmare fuel

6 Likes

X to doubt

Works alot better then sitting in Oribos being declined for every key you apply to :slight_smile:

5 Likes

if you think thats a good idea, i dare you to do some heroic dungeons through dungeon finder and after couple of hours you ll rethink your stance on the matter

The problem with this idea from my perspective is that there’s so much you have to consider for your comp.

What if you get put into a team with 3x shadow priest and a kick heavy dungeon? All of a sudden you’re gonna wipe endlessly because you can’t interrupt enough due to CDs on it. What about battle resses? Damage profiles? The list goes on as to why an automated matchmaking system wouldn’t work once you start getting a bit higher in keys.

I’m all for people being able to play keys, but this would create a lot of threads where people will whine and complain because they got the bad comp and their friend got the super optimized comp

4 Likes

Why do you gear a lot of characters at once? Just focus on 1 and you’ll easily gear it up.

After I timed 15 Spires withouy any wipes with 3 boomies (who has 1min interupt CD) - these “interupt heavy” dungeons are a bit of iliusion, people very tent to overlap and interupt wrong casts. Ofc I am talking about 14-17 range, not 20+.

If you prefer sitting in Oribos getting declined, then come whining on the forums, you do you. Meanwhile I’ll go do a few keys with friends.

Though, granted, for keys beyond 16+, I have to go horde side nowadays, but anything below is a non-issue on alliance side with a sizable network of friends. Plenty have alliance alts left. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing to see here, just a crap player trying to get free boost.

1 Like

Just play a tank.

This system would work because you would also had the possibility to create your own groups manually as we have now.

Of course a lot of keys will fail with this system so as they do now but with this quicker method you will be right there again trying.

1 Like

So let’s say you put that system into play.

Any tank/healer that signs up knows he has a HIGH chance of wasting his time and having a living hell in there just to complete the dungeon. Let’s not talk about timing.

What incentives would you put in place? If I saw a group finder for keys with my tank, I don’t think I’d bother for anything under 10k gold.

2 Likes

This doesnt make any sense because of overrepresentation of dps players.

Even if you managed to force the entire population into 5 man groups, probably half (or more than half) of the dps would still be left out because there wouldnt be anyone to tank and heal for them.

1 Like

i have no idea why people are so eager to swap Raider IO to some much worse systems, lmao (not only in this topic, by in general). Some “genius” ideas by R IO haters is hilariously bad.

Anyway, current way of “matchmaking” for M+ is far better than “auto group” and very close to perfection.

4 Likes

Thing is even if rio didnt exist people would just look others up on the armory so the whole discussion is frankly meaningless.
Of course keyholders are going to prefer people that have done higher keys over those who havent

2 Likes

Systems like M+ will always require a way to get an effective Group together to get the job in hand done & a way to reliably source player characters for maximum efficiency will always be required.

However; unless Blizzard spend time & resources building a system of their own that “everyone will like & agree works well” we’re always gonna have a snowball’s chance in hell that concorde will EVER be reached.

Popular solutions:
Make your own Group - What if I haven’t got a key…?
Get your own Key - How; when no-one will let me join their Group…?
Join a Guild/get/make friends - these people are usually the ones that make the Groups that decline players that are perfectly capable, or (worse) have little time/empathy for those who are less than happy with social interaction (even online) - not a wild stretch to surmise they themselves are experts at masking their OWN social anxiety… only to show their true colours once the Group starts the encounter.

There will always be a need to ‘qualify’ for Group content - mandatory acceptance is NOT an ideal answer & rest assured, it isn’t even a great experience for the most widely accepted/used examples already in place.

Before Rio became popular we used to check wowprogress. Of Rio was removed we’d check armory. I agree there will always be something.

1 Like

Yea this kind of attitude existed ever since wrath introduced achievements and the gearscore addon came to existence. It kinda makes me smirk how people think that rio is destroying the game when similar systems were in place long before m+ was even a thing.

1 Like