Mythic+ leaver avoidance system

At the moment the problem of leavers is endemic to Mythic+ pugs (just see forum posts, streamers complaining, guild chats…). While I can appreciate blizzard not wanting to punish people for leaving user created groups, why not tell us that this person is a serial leaver (2 or more times in the last month or so - gives them one chance, say if their internet fails) when they try to join a pug.

This way blizzard isn’t enforcing the punishment - it’s left to the community to decide an appropriate response, probably just not pugging with the person.

Even if a dungeon isn’t going to be finished in the time limit I know I’d like to get to the end just to get the loot - and not be prevented because someone quits.

This system could probably be made with an addon, but I lack the experience with modding to make it.

Sometimes people leave for a reason. I hardly leave runs but yesterday I did, and I didn’t feel bad about it. We were doing AD+6.

Already on the 2d boss, things went bad, tank didn’t interrupt, and totems we needed to kill twice. This was fine, we explained it during the fight and it improved.

Third boss, boss was tanked in the middle, apart from myself, NOBODY went for the add, every time the boss’s health was full again, I kept explaining, but at one point, I felt it was a waste of time. Sure, some people leave too fast, but leaving isn’t ALWAYS bad.

Since when is 2 considered “serial”?

1 Like

OK. Maybe 2 is the wrong number, but the idea of tagging someone if they leave x many times still works, with the exact number to be figured out. Although I did specify that was leaving twice (or whatever number works) in a fixed time period, the idea being that it gives them time to correct their behaviour in the future, rather than a permanent penalty.

The details are up for debate though - I’m not arguing with that.

Then you take for granted that all leavers have close to no motive apart from “not in time”.

We need a lot of side-info added to this “amount of M+s left” to make it remotely viable.

Oh, by fixed time period I meant leaving say 5 times in a week, not leaving within 5 minutes!

I am aware. But you can easily end up 5 times with a horrible tank. Or try to push a +20, ending up in abandoning (as group) because it was just a tad too high for them. It will all increase the same “# left”

1 Like

does not work end up fake dc and player just going troll waste u time

1 Like

Should get an achievement if you left 20 runs, and a title “Serial leaver” that popped on for a week after you recently left a key

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.