Mythic leaver penalty

I get my key lowered and 1 hour of my time wasted just because someone leaves mythic on purpose during the run.

What penalty does a mythic leaver get?

1 Like

Do leavers during active key mythic+ run get a deserter debuff?

Nothing atm so ye.

Had this happen in a recent run, we had to 4 man it, still got +2, but we only got 1 drop in chest. The guy who left mid run got the other item (possibly sent to mail?)ā€¦

1 Like

There should be a punishment for leaving/being offline. The fact they get loot mailed to them is just blizzard spitting in the face of the community.

I donā€™t want to prevent people from leaving a group, itā€™s their decision. But there should be consequences.

1 Like

I leave bad keys that are going nowhere. I can usually tell by the first boss.

Especially if people are failing on mechanics.

I leave keys if people dont do mechanics feels bad for the key owner, but rather him than my sanity

3 Likes

Nothing. You chose to invite them so itā€™s all on you. Get friends and play with them. Solves people leaving.

I leave random groups who I know who have no chance of completing the key.

i finish a key even if it s untimed, if it s reasonable.
Actually im just happy if i get an invite and can play the dungeon, and no one yelling or blaming.
I Dont expect anything anymore.

But if anyone is toxic with no reason or really bad, i leave as well. Even if it s my key.
I wouldnt give penalty for leavers anyway.
S**t happens.

well I bricked about 25 keys in NELT before timing it on +21 lol If you don;t put in the note when forming the group that you want to finish, whatā€™s the point of finishing a diplit?

And sure, leaving after one or 2 random deaths or an unlucky wipe when youā€™re reasonably confident the key is still timeable, thatā€™s just retarded. Notably, players from russian realms are rather known for doing that, especially tanks doing an MDI pull and dying from plain damage xD

but other than that, I see no point staying in keys that are just irreversibly un-timeable.

I believe you have a point, if you go over +20 keys, the only goal for that run is to time it or not to time it. In general.

Tbh, i feel like the lower range of m+ is the bigger problemā€¦ And there should be a system fixing this. There is alot of factors creating this situation. Out of experience, the higher your key is, the more respect and patience u come across while making an atempt to time a key. A big part is how easy gear is obtained, a bigger part is how easy it is to upgrade stuff. How can you expect people to take it easy or be patient if EVERYTHING is obtained or achieved so quickly.

immagine u switch spec or build and u need an item with different stats, fastest way is to spam +9 keys and upgrade it almost to gearcap for free with flightstonesā€¦ In this situation, you join new players and disturb there learning curve. Preventing them from learning mechanics. But if you do not get your item, they get gear and crests. They get geared and their key goes up.

thats only one of many examples, why we are confronted with unexperienced players.

lets commit to this example and say you +3 the 9key, it becomes a +12
Mostlikely, the new or unexperienced player will not time the 12, if there is no big guy that joins. so the key becomes a +11ā€¦ I know you know whats comingā€¦
LFG: ā€˜ā€™ +11 wyrms farmā€™ā€™
And again only 430+ilvl guys join, neglect all tactics and get the guy a +14ā€¦

im wandering off of my point, eventhough it might not seem relevant for alot of you, situations like this are the core to this problem.

(excuse me for my english, but i think youā€™ll understand)

No we donā€™t need a Leaver Penalty, even tho i have seen a handfull of People litteraly Trolling peoples keys, iā€™m not seeing any valid point to punish people for a Leave.

I have meet my fair share of Groups not playing Mechanics at all, or just a really, really, really bad group setup for certain bosses, which lead to it being pretty much impossible, like Naraxes on Tyranical with only 1 dispell for example and people not using Defensives.

Iā€™ve never left a key until afflicted. I was just in a run (as a warlock) with a prot pala, ret pala and rsham and every single afflicted would complete their cast and debuff us. It got to the first boss of +12 Underrot and it kept happening, even after telling them what to do. But I saw one in the middle of the first boss platform get the cast off in full vision of three people who (were all specced into dispel) could have dispelled or healed it.

Not for me, cya.

personally iā€™v e noticed that its always the tank or the healer leaving i think there should be a penalty on using the browser if they leave keys built via the browser, even if its only 1 dps they get from it

if tanks and healers want smooth runs they should be using their friends and guild not wrecking some poor random guys key

Every person creating ā€œM+ leaversā€ forum topic should get like 72 hr ingame ban. How many times we need to read about the same thing over and over again?

There canā€™t be consequences. If they got some kind of punishment then people would be so reluctant to join groups that it would cause another issue.

The deserter debuff on normal dungeons gets applied to someone if they are kicked out of the dungeon. The deserter debuff should be removed from the game.

What should happen, is if someone leaves the keystone dungeon, then the key should not be downgraded.

The current system punishes the keyholder and the ones who wanted to complete the dungeon. It is not right.

If anything, we should have a key for each dungeon on a keyring on our bags.
We should have to complete each dungeon on each level to level up the keys and then we should be able to access the dungeon on that level from then on, unless we choose to do it on a lower level.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.