Mythic+ Leavers

Does anyone else feel that people who leave Mythic+ dungeons should receive some sort of punishment.

24h deserter, it’s good all round option. Some will say “What if someone had emergency and needed to leave?” it’s still his fault that dungeon was failed. You don’t have to be mad at him because he didn’t leave intentionally, but all in all he caused this failure :smiley:

or

if someone leaves there would pop up small window with an option to flag player for leaving, and after some flags he would have week free from mythic + :smiley: in that scenario emergency leaving would be justified and not flagged, so player wouldn’t be punished. Let’s say there must be 10 flags to get banned from m+ for week, then even if he leaves because he had to, he has only 4 flags and can play freely. After a week flags are reset.

I agree, people who leave a bg or a heroic dungeon get deserter, that should apply the same but get an hour debuff and for gameplay so even if they log out they still have it when they log back in

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this before but League of Legends actually has a decent system for this.

One time offence will just give you a warning, however if it happens time after time after time due to whatever reason. You get a ban from joining Mythic+.

In all fairness, that is a great system. If people want to drop a key and lower it you can always add a voting system for it. Much like a vote kick option, a vote abandon. So if one player want to leave because he got tilted it doesn’t exactly have to affect the entire group.

I really don’t have to care about reasons of why people are leaving, but most common excuses:

• Its just a game lol
  • My internet
  • Russians
  • Tank/healer is bad
  • That random dude dared to instruct me how to play my class

Those are just some of the reasons that in my opinion, shouldn’t be for you to care about and should be sanctioned. We can all understand an emergency but if there is an emergency every few times you join a Mythic+ I would seriously reconsider your playtime or think about it if you have the time commitment to pushing a key.

3 Likes

I feel aswel, your key should not be dropped if a punishment is made. I can understand they can say well, if your not going to make it on time then people will leave and rejoin to do the key again, but if a punishment is made, the key should remain as the lvl it was

All right. So lets say they make this system.
Now ppl who previously would leave will just go afk or sabotage you instead of just leaving.
What will you do?
And if the answer is another vote system, than there is the next problem, which is ppl abusing the system and making random ppl get deserter. For 30 mins…24 hours
Whatever. Whats next?
How will you make a good and fair system that cannot be abused, that doesnt have holes in its design?

Im curious. Also glad i dont ever pug. I cant believe the same threads coming up every other week still.

7 Likes

Yup.

If people are leaving it’s generally because they only care about timing it or the group is just that bad. If you’re in it for the end chest, make sure everyone in the group is on the same page.

Talk to your pugs and if they don’t respond don’t take them. Better yet, find a guild.

3 Likes

Get rid of this garbage key system altogether. Allow us to choose which dungeon and what +level we want, so some leaver douche can only waste your time and not your key, instead of both.

They’d have to change the extra azerite power/loot/weekly residuum rewards from keys over 10, so people couldn’t run a +25 massively over-time to get those rewards, but that could easily be solved by only awarding them for runs completed in-time.

I know it doesn’t rectify the problem of leavers, but it would mitigate some of the issues.

What happens if you’re kicked? Are you still punished? If not, then people will grief until the leader has to kick them/they go AFK. If you do get punished for getting kicked, then you better trust the leader because as soon as the dungeon starts he could just kick everyone to screw others over.

On top of that, due to the groups being formed by players entirely with Blizzard having no hand in it (it’s not like a random dungeon where you play with complete randoms) it falls on the leader to take responsibility for the people they’ve invited. And I don’t want to be held hostage by a bad group when they’re clearly not going to clear it or it’s going to take hours, I’d rather just leave and find a new one.

3 Likes

For real? If people have an emergency situation, health/life threatening, youd worry about the fact he/she messed up the run?

Simple ingame system which indicates if character is flagged as tank/dps and didn’t do any damage for 5 minutes after start of timer, then it’s flagged automatically.

So healers would have no rules applied to them then according to your plan. There is the flaw in your plan right there.

Gosh, just add the same rule for healers but with heal instead of dmg and there is no flaw.

You completely missed the problem though. Ppl were discussing what to do about leavers, not afkers.

Hahahaha you are awesome, so why did you put your lines about afkers if the case is whole about leavers?

Hmm? Im just messing with you. Healers are meant to also deal dps in keys, if they dont do damage for 5 mins thats just as bad as dps not doing anything.

And originally i said ppl would just go afk if they cant leave. And still not seen a proper solution from anyone that would be good and reasonable to add ingame for pugs.

I just gave 2 proper solutions for Leavers, and AFKers, there is no downside in that. Well, i can’t see any.

fair do i mean wat point run mythic plus keys if u dont do it for score there no reward for it no mount noting

No. Just no. If you’re kicked, DC, have an RL issue, whatever, how is a punishment justifiable? Also, some players give so much verbal abuse to others and you expect them to stay and put up with that? Just no. You want people to stay? Cultivate a good atmosphere. Be polite. Be friendly. Help others. Don’t backseat every decision. If you want all that and/or your key is so precious to you, don’t risk it in a pug. The fact you do means you don’t have a better option, yet you act like you do. No key is “your” key. It took 5 people to get it done. You alone didn’t get S41T.

3 Likes

How is it justifiable that the problems of one person spoil the enjoyment and waste the time of four other people?

Also, most players almost certainly don’t leave because they disconnect or have RL problems. They leave because the key won’t be in time. Now, I’m all for people having the option to leave, just like in Battlegrounds, but I don’t feel it’s unreasonable that there are consequences for that choice. Alternatively, there should be a way for the remaining four people to continue the key, but that is harder to implement.

This doesn’t stop people from leaving. It is nearly never the fault of the four remaining people that the one person left.

The obvious answer is to only run keys with friends, which I do in the vast majority of the cases, but I disagree that this justifies why in a PUG one person should have the power to ruin the enjoyment of four other people, without any drawbacks.

2 Likes