Mythic plus - Tyrannical/Bursting/Grievous

Some ppl at blizz need to learn the difference between challenging and annoying. Not just for M+ but in general.

Reminds me of the Itchy and Scratchy land episode of The Simpsons when the babies are in the ball pit -

Dev 1: “The players look unhappy”
Dev 2: “Add more mechanics.”
players drown in swirlies

2 Likes

Agreed, it happened to me today on a Nokhund. Stacking Grievous with the AOE pulsing damage of the storm made the whole run a mess. But I was onto somethhing earlier and that was with the randomness of some of the life or death mechanics. The swirlies in AV, the balls in AV, now the balls in the NO second boss.

Somehow I compare it to the first boss in SBG it doesn’t feel as unfair. Or running in circles around the first boss in JST doesn’t feel as nerve wracking as running in circles around Azureblade.

So far I timed a +23 TJS, +23 CoS, and +22 AV all with different pugs.
Just change your talents to counter the affixes as much as possible and play the game.

If you’re too bad at the game just go do something else untill Blizz makes it easier for you again next week but please stop crying about it like a baby. Jezus.

Yeah affixes should be gone for good. Or at least be in a different mode. Like eSports only

No, they need to be gone. Period.
They’re indicative of bad design and have no place any where.
It absolutely 1000% possible to make the game challenging without being annoying / borderline broken. It just requires a dev team who aren’t creatively bankrupt.

I’m just afraid that they will remove affixes and put some extra stuff into dungeons to cater the elite. So an option to activate affixes like we had in season 4 is something I would prefer as a casual

You do realize if that just 0.1% percentage of players remains in game cuz of elitism of players like you , the game is not sustainable financially , right?
Grieveous with tyranicall it’s just too much .

:man_facepalming:

One thing is messing up mechanics…other is just bricking the key on purpose and then bragging about it like if you did some superhuman :poop: …youre just an a-hole.

So the question is. Should you get Oneshoted, get oneshoted, or get stuned for 1 sec? Whats the right answer? Yeah yea i know…lets just jump of the edge in front o Everybody! ! :man_facepalming:

Dude, what are you talking about? I’m a casual player. I only play m+ with pugs on one single char with one single specc and I don’t do any other content in the game nor do I play any alts. How exactly is that elitism?

You don’t have to be an elite or induldge yourself into “elitism”, as you call it, to perform well and time higher keys. It’s just funny to me how so many players clearly having the “finish-last-and-still-get-rewarded” mentality start crying and complaining when things start to become challenging and demand from Blizzard to simply remove the affixes so they can get what they want. Such loser mentality.

Either just improve yourself as a player and deal with the challenge, or do something else with your time. But don’t be such a crying snowflake.

If I can do it as a casual solo pugger, then anyone can do it.

Top end players and streamers are also complaining about affixes and mechanics bloat, and have been extremely vocal about it. Weird that…

1 Like

or maybe change to one of the OP M+ healers like you?

trying healing this crap on resto shaman while everyone standing in poop all day.

Playing an OP class that requires little casting and has decent aoe healing doesnt make it better for others

Timed my first 20 NO with a shaman, I don’t disagree that some classes have it easier but man, this whole griev thing is way overblown.

People get topped off often in the current game since you’re either full health or dead. Griev is almost a non issue.

It used to be that after a pull or a boss it could be almost impossible to top people and you’d see them rotting to death with max stacks out of combat even though you were spamming them frantically. Then they reduced the max stacks. Then they made it to that a direct heal removes a stack.

It’s a good affix atm. People have just got into the habit of blindly crying about every affix now.

it horrbol took break this week tyrannical bad eugh deal grievous and brusting on top thet yuck

The way you are saying this implies that you actualy are an elitist. You are using your “succeses” to prove something.
Try looking into it with a wider perspective. Just look and see the dungeon finder from a tank or dps perspective. There’s no healers - no where to be found this week. Literally nowhere.
And that’s the problem with griveous. It makes game 50% harder as oppose to any other affixes that literally just makes tiny difference to your playstyle.

Plus, You can say that we can work around it and invite only certain classes to make our runs easier, but it just aint working like that in pugs. You dont have luxury to do that. - Plus, if you even could, it would mean that even more/extra amount of ppl wouldnt even play certain weeks - just cause their classes doesnt fit into that’s week meta.

Saying that grievous is fine is just plain bullcrap - and the fact you did it with your 3k toon doesnt mean you’re right, as much as you keep on waving with that.

From my experience this week Grievous feels like an affix that amplifies mistakes more than provides its own explicit challenge, hence why it’s a great week for pushing high keys but much worse in the lower to mid ranges.

didnt say grievous is the problem. for me it is bursting. not because people are dying but because topping a whole group off after a pull is just stupid as resto shaman.
bonus points if everyone runs away with 10% hp already in the next pull collecting the next debuffs. grievous is just more fun for those who run away with low hp and you play catch up all day.

and yes both affixes are absolute non issues in big keys with good people. they are however an issue in low keys.

i have a harder time healing an 8 key than healing a 15

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.