Mythic raiding in the alliance?

3 years ago when Legions started I went horde, because I wanted to start mythic raiding and on the server I was playing on this wasn’t really possible… I started fresh in the horde and I made my goal to get into a mythic raiding guild that aims for Cutting Edges but won’t fall apart if they fail to do so. It took me a bit but I managed to reach this goal.

Nowdays periodically I’m thinking about going back to the alliance specially because of these cool new allied races make it really tempting. I’m worried about the raiding part tho… everywhere I look I see horde dominating the raiding scene… don’t get me wrong I don’t want to be world top whatever… I just want to “finish off” current content and even if I don’t succeed wouldn’t mind as long as I got to try.

I’m mostly seeking advice from alliance players… Is mythic raiding on alliance side possible? Can I still follow my goal of attempting Cutting Edges while having fun? Or would it be a struggle and not worth bothering?

In most of the cases it will be a struggle because the percantage that does mythic raiding (a.k.a. harcore stuff) in alliance is still very low compared to the horde. But, if you are really interested in allied races I’d say go start a new toon in one of the populated servers or alliance servers or transfer one, although realm change can be challenging it is worth for you are looking in most cases.

Honestly if the one and only thing you care about is raiding in mythic then it’s going to be something else, but otherwise, you might as well give the new allied race a go and see how things turn out. You might end up enjoying it. You might not.

Worth a shot if you ask me.

Well I won’t deny it can be a challenge. However most servers with a healthy alliance population do have guilds who manage cutting edge basicly every tier / season. But with limited selection of possibilities it also leaves little room of choice in guilds.

But there are some really strong servers on EU alliance;
Ravencrest are acctually EU number one in PvE progression. Silvermoon is also fairly decent. Argent Dawn ain’t hopeless for alliance PvE, however cutting edge guilds are fairly limited but there’s quite a few contenders around. EU ain’t as bad as the US in the unhealthy Alliance PvE scene.

So If you want to attempt to find a guild for PvE progression, I won’t say it’s entierly hopeless if you really narrow down choices in servers etc.

What alliance could acctually use are more players. Also perhaps if the shard/Cross realm stuff finally could just go full circle and allow people to join guilds, trade etc. across different servers, alot of the PvE Woes of the alliance whould go away by itself since there’s high representation but many servers are just to smal to sustain healthy long term guilds.

Another thing which also could help are… cough, cough… to stop give unique stuff to horde all the time. I also want to raise some ridable dinosaur babies etc. but in 8.2 only horde gets… another one. :roll_eyes: These things sort of cause alliance to become more and more of a tourist attraction since if you really want to collect stuff you need to invest most time on horde… the double agent in me really hates this since I main Alliance mostly :no_mouth:.

Playing on Ravencrest we’ve lost 2 more high end guilds that went Horde lately just to be able to keep up with recruitment. It can be struggle, there aren’t many left and more are still leaving but it is doable.

1 Like

I want cutting edges

There’s a time and place to be emo. This isn’t one of them.

?
why are you provoking me to get me banned?

You’re the fish, I’m the fisherman, that’s the bait.
Nothing new with you.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming: yeah… its gonna be alright deltor dont worry! :man_facepalming:

Okay, lets be frank with this:

You will probably have severe issues with literally ANY form of coordinated content on the alliance side. The borderline meme quality of this shows especially in PvP, but the pve content barrier broke through during legion.

Things improved a little during the last 10 months, but dont hold your breath.

Makes me a bit sad to see that the situation is so bad… I wish Blizzard would actually start to do something about it… remove racials all together or change them to be give only utility or something I don’t know.

I’m planning to move only one character just before the new patch wich would be my current main as it has every rep exalted and stuff, and I’d try to find a guild and then if it wouldn’t work out I’d just transfer back.

Problem isn’t just mythic raiding…
Problem is with raiding overall on the alliance side…

I have near 2 months since my last kill on any difficulty…yep guild merged with other guild and me as many other players in an mmorpg i;m at the poing… play solo mode in an mmorpg game or just switch to others mmorpg games and at some point experience mmorpg gameplay…

I’m already at 416 ilvl…near 2 months now …i put some effort at the start but what is the poing of putting effort if not only me but majority of alliance players are at the point of playing single mode …

The recruitment is just insane …
Less people will pick up playing alliance …is not racials anymore is just playerbase …
Example is Emfh …remove Emfh …Human participation dropped from 34.2 % to an 13.2 %…
Alliance faction took a blow in the a …heavy one… :stuck_out_tongue:
There is no more anything for alliance in terms of raiding …

And one last thing …10 friends playing wow currently at this hour…6 of them are playing horde side …all those 6 …previous years we’re playing alliance …
So seeing this i think that Blizzard have failed in to enjoyment per faction percentage … leaving people in one faction unable to do stuff…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.