Mythic+ rewards

So, the thing is: we are doing high myth+ keys like 20 till 23 in time. The rewards are all the same, I mean I can complete 15 in time and loot 430 gloves and the same thing will happen in 20+ keys. What’s the point then? It’s not a secret that all what keeps players to keep playin’ in high myth+ is not a loot, but a competitive system of rio. And that’s barely okay (cuz still it’s not fair to loot 430 from 23 keys) as long as we can get titanforge or warforge, like gear with procs and sockets etc. Okay, but what will happen in Visions of N’Zoth? So no more warforge or titanforge means the maximum ilvl of myth+ is 460, while mythic raid is 475. So, what’s the point? From now on it’s just pointless to go for 20+ keys, it’s pointless to push at ur maximum, at ur limits, cuz u literally just can’t get any reward for it and the one and only thing which will keep us is rio. Is it fair, Blizzard?

Why the loot system can’t be done similar to arena raiting/gear? Like u get 460 from 15 and smthing like 470 from 20. It would be totally fine, it would mean that still we will do the really hard thing, that most of the players can’t do (like mythic raids) and we will get some real rewards for it. It’s just an example, think about it, because for now all the high keys are completed on pure enthusiasm without any hope of good loot. In Visions of N’Zoth we will have raid and good ol’ keys. With that system or smthing like it, there still will be a need of doing raids, because you just can’t go for 20 keys right off the bat. You will need to get some gear in raid, then a little bit in keys like 15-17 and only after all that you will get the chance to get ur gear in 20+ keys. That also means that you will have somewhat like similar progression to raids, but in mythic+. You will evolve not only in raids by killing bosses till the last one, but also in keys by going higher and higher, improving your gear, skills, your teamplay, communication etc. It would finally mean something to everyone.

Let’s take a look at Shadowlands and the new mage tower or whatever it’s called. The higher u jump - the better loot u get (at least what we’ve heard of). It’s quite similar to what i’am trying to explain. And important thing is to have some cap of gear, like u can get the highest ilvl ever from let’s say 20. It still would mean the hard content and high ilvl reward.

To sum up, i’d like to tell that it’s only my vision of what should be done and i’am not trying to start some disputes or anything like that. It would be really amazing to hear an answer from blizzard devs, at least to hear something to make sure that i can be heard and their point of view on this.

2 Likes

Do you not know why you do high keys? Are you just randomly doing them? I can say that most people push high keys for a score, not for loot or even in-game rewards. Now here’s what I can agree with you: doing very high keys needs in-game rewards. Should it be gear? No.

It could be cosmetic rewards like transmog, maybe mounts, titles or even just achievements (I know there is an achievement for doing +15 keys in time for every dung, but that’s not hard, and a pretty lackluster reward too). It could be very similar to how pvp seasonal rewards work.

So why am I not in favor for giving high ilvl gear for doing m+? Well, quite simply, it’s too easy to farm gear that way. It shouldn’t be better than heroic level gear regardless of how high the key you did was. Plus, I personally believe the best gear in the game should in fact be reserved for mythic raiding, and it shouldn’t come from dungeons.

It’s not that easy, when we are talking about 22+ with the start of a new patch.
So it’s okay to loot 430 from a high keys? I don’t think so, it’s a shame and not needed. What is it for?
Imo, most of the high keys are harder than mythic raid, so what’s the point of weak gear from the hard content?

• The gear you got in Legion m+ dungeons was crap. Still, pushing high keys in m+ and m+ in general became a huge success, even though you didn’t get gear apart from the weekly chest.

• m+ is way more unbalanced than raiding. Just look at the rio stats. Those stats are no coincidence.

• Those 2 above are facts. Now my personal opinion: Raiding is the core of WoW, especially of guilds and WoW. Making raiding even less attractive is gonna hurt WoW badly in the long term.

If it was before, does it mean that it was right? Don’t think so.

Still, 20 keys can be doable by any class. With rogues, dhs etc it’s easier to do, but with others it’s still quite doable. Ppl just got lazy and don’t want to try hard.

I was talking about making 'em somewhat equal, like you will need both to progress better and faster. You can’t completely stop raiding, because you will need gear from raids, but also you will need some from high keys too. For example, let’s compare some armor pieces from new raid and from the dungs. You wouldn’t be able to find crit/versa in raid or some stats that you need on weapons, but instead you will be able to loot it in high mythic+

That’s the point, though.

Why the best gear is only for mythic raiding? The game is more than mythic raiding. Doing high keys is also a challenge, and should reward equally.

I believe that the loot for both mythic+ dungeons and raid should be gear that suits more the content. But each their opinion, this is mine. Game is not just mythic raiding.

1 Like

This is not only about difficulty. Sure a +20 might be comparable to a mythic boss, but the reason you cannot give the highest possible base ilvl reward in M+ is because its spamable. Those that can do +20 will get decked in max ilvl gear in a week when it’s volcanic affix. I would also like to see some way that we can upgrade M+ gear to higher than heroic ilvl but giving it as a base reward imo is not a good solution.

1 Like

Then maybe it’s something to do with the weekly chest.

I still would like to get specific M+ gear, like there also should be specific pvp-gear and specific raid-gear.

What a horrible idea. This existed in WoD in the form of PvP gear scaling up in PvP combat and it was really bad. You had to farm a separate set for doing PVE content and if you got attacked in your PVE gear, you were out of luck because you didn’t have the PVP gear equipped.

So that is why everyone is asking for pvp vendors :thinking: Then no special gear for pvp. I do not pvp so I do not care. I just want to have a M+ progression without the need of mythic raiding. And specific dungeon gear sounds prefect to me.

PVP vendors =/= specific PvP gear. They want to be able to buy gear from PVP, not rely on random drops.

Fair enough. then forget what I said about pvp. My main message was about M+ gear anyway.

1 Like

Still a horrible idea. Why should someone have to farm gear for different content?

So we can progress in that content. Why do I have to grind gear from DIFFERENT content?

??

Why should I have to start over my gear progress if I want to raid? I’d quit if I had to grind another set for doing another type of content.

Why should I start raiding when I want to do M+?

You don’t have to.

True, and then always be behind.