Mythic+ rewards

In fact right now you had to do it (raids) from the start of the patch, so u get the azerite, the 445 weapons and so on. Furthermore, in next patch, we won’t have any tf or wf, so the only source of gear would be from the raids, cuz in keys it would be 460 (475 in raid). And still the question is up - is it fair to loot 430 from 23 keys?
So that’s why i’am looking for a solution. By doing so we can not only find the new source of gear, but additionally let more people enjoy keys again. You can just check how much ppl are playin keys right now, in the previous season and season 1. Ppl just stopped to do it, because they don’t see any profit from it.

Btw, some weapons or trinkets from the raid could be somehow a reward for keys, neither for raids. Like 1-h weaps from behemoth, or save-trinkets like edicts and urchin, which are commonly used in m+. And something like 1-h weapon from underrot (with st dot) should be lootable from the raid, neither m+

1 Like

You didn’t have to do it, you can do it but you don’t have to. You do it to get an edge, if you want to.

The 430 loot is separate from what he’s proposing. He wants there to be 2 separate gear sets, one for raiding and one for mythic plus which is just insane. I’m not going to farm 3 separate sets for mythic plus on my druid and then another 3 for raiding if I want to raid. I’d rather just quit if they were to reimplement such separation of gear again like was in WoD.

I think it is insane to have only 1, the raiding.

There isn’t only one way to gear though. I can go into raids on my druid, it has ilvl 440 from doing mythic plus. I could get it to 445 if I’d put the effort in, just through mythic plus. Same ilvl as the mythic raids.

I can just say the same. Let’s say you will get some little nice buffs from mythic+ gear (or nice trinkets or anything that can increase ur performance overall) you can have it, but you don’t have to.
And btw sets are in the past. There is nothing like that today. So it’s not the solution

That’s not how it turned out in WoD when they tried it. You were barred from the content if you didn’t already have the gear in WoD.

I still have a guardian set, a feral set and resto set of gear for my druid.

Dude, next raid. No more tf or wf. You will get only 460, while 475 in mythic raid. So you have to do raids

No, you don’t have to.

If i don’t, then i won’t be able to progress further

Then you’ve reached your limit.

But you are wrong. There definitely a cap of what u can do with 460 group and what u can do with 475 group. And there definitely a difference between them, that’s undisputable

If you can’t progress further then you have reached your limit. That’s it.

But i can progress further. And for it I will need to do raids. So i’am just forced to do so

The gear in legion dungeons was very good actually.
You were able to farm specific weapon relics that were on par or superior to raid relics to boost your damage and healing.

You have no clue about legion DPS if you think that M+ wasn’t worth it for raiding. You qlso got more AP in comparison to BFA and chance for legendary ( I hated that aspect though)

In WoD you could buy the previous season’s PvP set for pittance using honour gained from random BGs (The lowest form of PvP content) that was only slightly better than pve gear, and gave pvpers in incentive to actually pvp, and didnt force them into pve to get equivalent gear.

You could also craft or purchase the season before that’s gear for gold / mats on the auction house. It wasn’t better than the raid gear of the current tier but if you were hypothetically as geared now (relatively) then it would be a clean and consistent upgrade over the stuff you’re wearing now were that system still in place. It also still gave the set bonus, and was completely compatible with the future seasons gear so you didn’t lose the set bonus as you transitioned from the crafted gear to the honour gear and then the conquest gear.

As far as time taken. Full crafted set? 5 minutes. Transition to a full honour set? Couple days? (Already better than heroic raid gear). Transition to a full conquest set? Took a while but by then you were more than capable of carrying BGs or enjoying yourself in PvP.

Compared to now where you have to do all content, all week, and unless you get lucky with titanforges or consistently play 100 games of 1800 or 2100+ rated arena every week, the best gear you can hope to get will come from PvE content. Which frankly makes no sense, and isn’t fair, even as someone who struts around in BGs with 447 ilvl from raid gear.

There are two major issues with pvp gear.

1: The gear is a complete lottery.

2: The only progression path to higher item level gear from pvp is rating.

PvP is not about acquiring higher rating in 2 specific meta formats. (Not at its core at least) It’s about killing people. And the rewards for actually killing people are both random and utterly abysmal.

1 Like

Can you give me the target for level i have to do till i am allowed to have an oppinion and post? Would like to hear it. I will sit in the corner silently :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

This is one of the main subjects between my friends and I right now. While I like to raid for the first 3-4 months of each tier, they dislike raiding entirely for different reasons, but love to do mythic+, and this new change in 8.3 is a massive kick in the dick for them, and I completely agree with them.
Why should they be forced to do one type of content (raiding) to do another type at a challenging level?
The PvP community didn’t like it when PvE gear became BiS for them, which “forced” them to do raids and/or dungeons to compete at the higher ratings. What makes them (Blizzard) think that by “forcing” people to raid to compete in the higher keys will solve anything? If anything, it’ll just kill off the majority of the Mythic+ community.

4 Likes

While you do make a fine point, I need to point out one thing.

This is how the system we have already works. It’s just the raiders forced into m+ as of right now. Like, if you raid at a decently high level, you are required by your guild to do m+ for gear and residuum and it’s complete garbage. But if you don’t do it, you either leave the guild for one with less progression or sit on the bench. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it should be flipped around, but the system we have right now is by no means great.

1 Like

Aye, and that’s definitely also a major issue (though one I’ve fortunately been able to not experience myself.) It should NEVER be that way.

Also, I agree with you that the system right now is really bad. I’m in no way trying to defend people doing a level 10 key and getting a 445 item piece. I’d be perfectly fine if they decided to say that to get mythic-level gear, you should do at least a level 15 or maybe 20 key.
Or maybe just make items from each place (PvP, mythic+ and raids) only really shine in their intended environment (an example could be the coral, which is a BiS for a lot of specs in raids, but a really bad choice in M+.)

There are so many different approaches to this, so just pulling a PvP “fix” 2.0 seems ridiculous and almost economically suicidal.

Somewhere around the +18 mark would probably be a good choice. +15 are a tad too low, especially since you can still get gear without completing it in time. But it would be a nice step towards leaving gear incentive to people who enjoy doing m+ and most raiding guilds even at the higher end wouldn’t set a rule for you to do a key in the 18-20 range or even higher.

This could be a solution as well but it could also backfire if they tune the difference of ideal gear and non-ideal gear too high. Especially if they didn’t increase the key level where the cap is enough. Imagine having to do a +15 for rewards but to do that you’d have to farm a completely separate set for it.

I do agree on this, but I have to admit as someone who used to raid at the level I did (and possibly trying to go back to it once the new patch hits) I am biased towards the new system. I can see the faults it will have for others though.

2 Likes