Mythic+ tank unbalanced

I remember first weeks of bfa. Tank survivability and self sustain were nerfed to the ground going from legion to bfa. This time they overdid it. Tanks are not tanks anymore, were just scuffed ranged dps with inflated health pool.
Dh is popular because of the dps kyrian covenant ability provides and dh are exceptional at running away. Thats about it.

Tanks are required to kite now. I understand that in infinitely scaling content, there will be a break point that requires unconventional approach like kiting. But the break point for healing and dps is way higher than it is for tanks.

please no. you got plenty of cd for that, and with 20% haste sotr uptime is already 90%+
what you want is a brainless tank with nothing to do except press a button every 5 second.

we’re fine like this, if anything we need a bigger armor buff from sotr, but uptime is ok.

Well first u talk about 15s and then about top 100, which is useles to 99.9% of comunity.

But even those 15s are unbalanced.

Acording to rio, for 15 there is

46% VDH
3,4% prot warr

Rest is between 7-18% but still, almost 30% difference between most used and second most used…

1 Like

I meant all tank classes obviously. Of course player skill is important. Also experience with class. For example, I played Druid as main since Vanilla. I would perform better on Druid than on a similar geared Demon Hunter (at least until I play Demon hunter long enough to be comfortable at it as Druid).

True but it does not mean “VDH good OTHER bad”, doesn’t work like this.
It’s like F1, merc is better but all the other cars are still viable F1. (excluded the last ferrari, lord help us).
People choose the path of less resistance, but the fact that there are other tanks represented even in lower numbers, means they’re viable, they just require a bit more effort.

Not saying others are unplayable, but if u look at BFA 8.3 where warr was meta, and 15keys then u find that warr as top has 21% and BRM as last has 12,4% which is very balanced imo.

The difference is huge and it causes a lot of issue for non dh tanks to find group, because while it isnt that much better compared to rest, its still way above…

The difference is huge because the void inside people brains is huge. There is no reason, neither mechanical nor of pure numbers that makes any of the tanks not viable for a +15.
What makes those gaps is just people lazyness, who prefer to wait maybe 1hr to get a vdh and possibily fail anyway since it’s a fotm reroll, rather than pick an experienced tank of another class and do perfectly fine.
It’s all just people perception.

4 Likes

I think you guys are missing the point why DH are popular right now. They can face-tank the best out of all tanks right now (not to mention good DR, healing, and DPS). And because every other tank has to kite often, what this leads to is a lot of movement, which goes against damaging/healing abilities that are stationary, i.e. healing rain, flamestrike, etc.

I prefer the current tanking where I gotta kite sometimes, to me that is more engaging. Standing there 100% of the time and smashing abilities isn’t always that much fun. So if Blizzard addresses the outdated AOE abilities, this problem will be cut (not fully, but just a bit) at its roots.

You’re all delusional, for those people doing a 22 is progress, but for us common mortals a 15 is, so people will look for dh everytime.

Dh is broken af, it needs 30000000 nerfs on elysian decree.
The top 500 reflects upon us all, if in challenger you had 20 riven in top 50 riven would be nerfed.

Stop protecting broken specs, you rerolled into a broken spec? expect it to be nerfed, 'couse thats what should happen.

you forgot the part where you don’t find a group unless you’re a dh?

Unless looking into raider io i wouldnt even notice that my tank toon is not good. I litteraly never deplete keys because of me dying.

Edit:
Well thats not quite true. It happens from time to time that a priest cant keep me and the group up. Priests have issues i think. Dont know why, never played one.

There always will be a S tier tank. Warr was S tier on bfa and i was maining a prot War, but now since meta is kite than tank the pack, Dh will be top with monk which both have op mobility. Ask from blizzard to fix their game and make packs to be able to tanked by tanks than to run away with agroo so the dps to kill them like it was happening in Legion

Meta is inevitable, but this isn’t ok, dh does too much damage and can facetank like a guardian druid.
Stop defending fotm rerollers, if you reroll to whats broken you should be prepared to reroll multiple times during a patch.
Stop saying it matters only to the top 2%, couse its not true, they don’t care about whats broken, they have all tanks max level and geared lol it matters to us normal people who are forced to reroll or do our keys only.

2 Likes

I cant see anywhere in my comment what you saying so i guess u miss clicked to reply to my comment. Cause i say nothing of what you said.

i clicked reply to you since you are saying Dh kites, when its not true, you probably never even watched top dhs world if you say that.
You compared to prot warrior situation in bfa, and it wasn’t even close to what it is now.

I actually saw many +20 where Dhs keep agroo and jump around. Like Bdks were doing in Legion with 4 Wlocks to dps. This is how +25+ keys were done in Legion

Yeah, Brewmaster was strong af in BfA also, even on par with prot warrior.

1 Like

I don’t.
I have no big issue in finding groups, providing i’m not a moron that join the list for a +20 with 800 rio score.

The reality is that the average group is kinda mediocre in dps and they want a dh to fill the gap in dmg they can’t bring, because again, there is nothing really up to a +15 that any of the tank can’t handle.

1 Like

You know what confuses me the most.
Is that for example bear tank has many defensive cooldowns like barkskin, berserk talent with HP boost, survival instincts, F regeneration, a good stacking armor buff
Paladin has a good uptime to SoR, 2 defensive cooldowns, divine shield etc
And DH has only meta and Fbrand and bad uptime to mitigation with long Cd to it.
Warrior same, 100% block, IP, and 2 defensive CDs
I dont know for the rest Tanks what they have tbh

How the hell DH is top tank with less Defensive cooldowns than others? He keeps agroo and jump around till dps kill the pack or actually can tank the packs?
I am really curious cause i did a DH and i see that i have 190i lvl and have more hp from my 204 paladin but i still take big dmg and if i dont kite, i will die cause i have no defensive cooldowns beside meta.

2 Likes

No one fcking cares.
Dh is meta. Dh is taken. You are declined. No one cares what is important for the top 2% only. Everyone fills his group as if they are top 2%. This defending of current state is so stupid. You do vdhs a favor.

1 Like