[N-RP] Herbal Hangout #10

A leaflet is placed on a local billboard.

Know the person by their deeds, and know the botanist by their favourite flower. All herbal heroes are hereby once again invited to our Greenhouse for an evening of verdant veneration, this time with a beautiful twist! Be it small and modest or large and extravagant, every flower has its power. What does your flowery favourite say about you?

Quest Objective: Meet with The Botany Band in the Greenhouse at the Magus Commerce Exchange in Dalaran (Broken Isles) on Monday the 11th of November at 20:00 CET.

The Botany Band is a roleplay guild with focus on adventurous study of plantlife. We welcome every friendly adventurer with a green thumb! :blossom:

5 Likes

Inkeri blinked up at the leaflet and sniffed, rubbing her red nose with her handkerchief for a moment.

“Favourite flower,” she muttered to herself, her voice thick with lingering sickness. “I need to think about this.”

6 Likes

Dulvarinn faintly smiles as he reads the leaflet.

– ‘Gather your rosebuds while you may.’ :rose:

4 Likes

Dieven carefully reads the information to her son Stutter with a smile. Watching as he wags excitedly.

5 Likes

Briefly halting his quick stride, Mordash casts a longing glance at the billboard, and lets out a regretful, gruff sigh.

“Botany Band… They were very interesting.”

He sighs again, louder this time.

“…Of the utmost importance, he said…”

The well, but simply, dressed orc - carrying what seems to be a monk’s staff on his back - walks away briskly, scowling and grumbling,

“What the fel kind of name is Morfinn, anyway? Those undeads are so bizarre…”

4 Likes

Dulvarinn hummed as he carefully handled the pestle. Olisarra had ordered three ounces of ground earthroot for a batch of minor troll’s blood potions, and working night shifts was no challenge for a nocturnal creature. He looked up and regarded the two flowers that was carefully arranged in the small vase on the counter shelf. A peacebloom and an icecap. He smiled with a sigh, returned his attention to the mortar and gently filled the empty greenhouse with a soft tune:

'Red is the rose that in yonder garden grows,
fair is the lily of the valley,
clear is the water that flows where rivers join,
but my love is fairer than any.’

4 Likes

Flowers can tell you a lot about themselves if you know how to listen. Same goes for people, eh?

I would like to thank the Band&Friends for making this Monday’s hangout an absolute joy to host! For an event runner there is no greater pleasure than to see high levels of involvement coming from the players. I really enjoyed all the glimpses we got into the inner workings of our respective characters. :sparkling_heart:

Bonus shout-out to the fantastic Aurora, who stumbled upon us at the Greenhouse and dove right into RP like an absolute champ!

5 Likes

So… last week I promised to post Dulvarinn’s screenshots.

Aaaaaaand I forgot to post them.

A little late, but here they are! Thank you for the screenshots, Dulvarinn!

4 Likes

I am not one for OOC, but I can’t resist commenting on this. This is what happens if we do not train our companions. In the third pic, Emmigosa is clearly sitting on Helgi’s head instead of Inkeri’s shoulder, where it ought to stay. Imagine what would happen, if I would invite Beart to join us in the greenhouse for a lecture and he would choose to sit on Inkeri’s head :joy:
Excellent screenshot work, Dulvarinn!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.