[N-RP] Herbal Hangout: Mayday, Mayday, We Are Drinking!

A leafy leaflet with moonglow ink is neatly placed on the local billboard:

All herbal heroes are hereby once again invited to our greenhouse for an evening of verdant veneration. It will be an opulent opportunity for all bodacious botanists to get ardently acquainted. This time we urge participants to bring a chosen plant-based drink, present its ingredients and share the intriguing story behind it!

Quest Objective: Obtain a sufficient quantity of Elixir of Tongues from Fizzi Liverzapper in the Underbelly of Dalaran (Broken Isles) and present your chosen drink in the Greenhouse at the Magus Commerce Exchange during twilight on the next Night of the Moon (25th of November at 20:00 server time).

The Botany Band is a roleplay guild with focus on adventurous study of plantlife. We welcome every friendly adventurer with a green thumb! :clinking_glasses:

6 Likes

Somewhere in her room, Sharon Wells tries to decide whether or not wine counts as a plant-based drink. Grapes are plants after all, right? …Right?

4 Likes

Today is the day! :beers:

3 Likes

I hope I can make it this time! :smiley:

3 Likes

I hate being ‘that guy’, Raylen, but don’t we have a mission this evening?

Not that I’d mind hanging with the Band, they’re lovely people, but those Krasha folks might take offense if we ditch them.

I fear they would gladly injure our physical bodies if we let them down…

3 Likes

Wasn’t it from 9?

3 Likes

Guild calendar says 8pm - I wrote down 8pm to 9:30pm, “Boss Man” said it wouldn’t take more than 90 min.

4 Likes

I might still get to both in time tho ^^

4 Likes

Try to make it and make a toast in my digital honor…after deciding on an adequate drink and finding the vendor, I realized that I’m too tired to attend. I have the flu and my sinus medication is making me drowsy, so I’ll have to catch the next event.

5 Likes

So… Shockingly to nobody, tonight’s Lecture was all about booze. :wine_glass:

3 Likes

So it’s already over? :frowning:

3 Likes

A human, frosty-looking mage who thinks himself extraordinarily handsome, appears almost as if out of thin air at Raylen’s side.

Shooting the worgen a sympathetic look, the puny human carefully reaches up to pat the wolf-man’s broad back.

“There, there, Raylen. At least we are alive. That means we can hang with them some other time. And after our heroics tonight, you’ll have quite the story to tell when you meet them. Just, uh…”

The mage looks around to see if anyone seems to be within earshot.

“…Maybe leave out the parts where my spells failed…? I mean, the essence of the story is, the good guys prevailed.”

The comparatively tiny human glances warily at the worgen, respectfully removing his uncallused hand from the ferocious-looking man-beast’s muscular back, and nervously clears his throat.

“Alright, good talk! See you later!”

The mage teleports in a hurry to somewhere else, hoping his attempt to soothe the worgen’s mood was more successful than some of his frost spells earlier in the evening.

“With great power comes … well, not great skill, obviously.”

He sighs and starts reading a book on frost magic combat…

4 Likes

Aye, the gatherings can vary greatly in length depending on the content. And yesterday we got drunk and waxed poetic about booze.

But worry not, we are around (almost) every Monday! (Although maybe we shouldn’t mix wine, beer and rum again…)

3 Likes

– ‘So, the tar produced from coal can also be added for extra character. The casks and tar from the rare Star Oak can give rum a unique and mellow character, but the secret ingredient is time. Time is much, timing is more.’

Dulvarinn smiled and poured three cups of Rumsey Rum Black Label for Kuhuine, Mairead and Sharon who were politely listening. Sharon placed her empty wineglass on the bench, reached for the cup and was about to say something, but ended up giving out a loud hiccup. Kuhuine and Mairead chuckled as Dulvarinn continued:

– ‘Imbibe it too early and the rum is harsh and immature. Imbibe it too late, well…’

He pulled the sandblasted bottle of Admiral’s Black Rum from his backpack and presented it to the botanists. From the smell it was apparent that it had aged too many years, overpowered by smoky oak and burnt tar flavors.

– ‘I picked up this bottle from the longing shores of Tiragarde Sound. A place where the waves are in perpetual movement and winds can be unforgiving. Where the wet sand gives in below your feet, the scent of forlorn seaweed challenges your composure and the salty sea air hurls along your brow. That same morning I shared a meal with Lyssa Treewarden and group of fishermen as we gazed towards the sea.’

He closed his eyes and started to sing. The tunes from Kul Tiras were quite different from the Kaldorei hymns, but there was indeed something alluring about the rythm in their jigs and reels.

–––

'Come up lads, gather around, look what I have found,
a bottled up tale from the Tiragarde Sound.

There was once a man, imagine if you can,
with an alluring and aspiring and ambitious plan.

To invite friends of the coast for a bodacious roast,
and the best black rum in a hearty toast!

An admiral he was, making rum like few,
and admired and desired for his lovely brew.

He wanted no spite, but all to be right,
so hard he worked both day and night.

Then a day passed by, making glee out of glum,
behold he had distilled the best black rum!

Then a week passed by for the casks to soak,
and give the rum a lovely taste of smoky oak.

Then a month passed by for the rum to go far,
and ferment with a fervent, burning hint of tar.

Then a year passed by, but he wanted it stronger,
so he held the invitations to wait a little longer.

Then a decade passed by, but before he took a sip,
he led his fleet to war and went down with his ship.

Then a century passed by and the rum was gone,
truly wasted, never tasted by a friendly tongue.

And so this day, I shall dearly say,
gather your black rum while you may.

Oh, why is the rum always gone?’

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.