(N? RP-IDEA) Winter Veil (of Peace) ?

Greetings, everyone.

I remember Christmas-ish themed RP gathering(s?) from previous Winter Veils, at that time an Alliance event where I was, although I’m sure it happened in the Horde as well.

It suddenly occurred to me that - in the spirit of the neutral events blooming on our realms - maybe we should have a Winter Veil gathering open to both factions…?

As the title says, this is just an idea at the moment;

I want to see if anyone’s interested, and get some opinions on

• when

(Winter Veil is from Decemer 16 to January 2nd, but I imagine many of us have plans on the (23.?,) 24., 25., & maybe also 26.)

• where

Personally, I would like it to be somewhere wintery/snowy, but most importantly I want it to be accessible to both factions, and lower level characters.

• and there might very well be other things that haven’t even crossed my mind, that I would like to hear other opinions on.

I want to offer something somewhat season suitable, but quite doable, in terms of food & drink; perhaps milk and cookies, and/or roasted boar meat and maybe a warm beverage.

(For this to be available to both factions, I need an “accomplice” in the other faction. Alternatively we could just have one mage from each faction conjure some refreshments…)

Okay, I’m falling asleep now.

7 Likes

Ooh, Sounds great!
Well the date should be before 24th, as there is… more time? Maybe :smiley: . If after, then it shoudl be around 28th - 30th. But everyone is overstuffed after X-mas…

Where? Oh well, Dun Morogh! Much snow, low level. But not much Horde accesible. Then there is Winterspring. Easy for druids, meh for everyone else (Hyjal!). Then practically everywhere in Northrend, but that doesn’t add up the feeling of festivities considering you’re surrounded by Scourge.

Everyone should try to get the Winter weil costume! For festivity you know.
Giving a gift each other? (May be hard to do…)
And of course SNOWBALL FIGHT.

5 Likes

I’m interested! (Shocking, huh?)

As far as locations go, the elven lodge in Starfall Village in Winterspring is my go-to place for various snowy shenanigans. There’s a bunch of Alliance NPCs there, but they’re friendly to the Horde.

Another (albeit possibly less accessible location) would be Kun’lai Summit in Pandaria, which has the Temple of the White Tiger. It has a bunch of open buildings scattered outside as well as two enclosed rooms within the temple itself.

6 Likes

Just throwing a wild one out there, but in case of Winterspring higher lvl people could fly others there with two seaters. Or with a warlock for each faction people could be summoned there (which I think can bypass the issue of some portals to other continents not working under certain levels)?

3 Likes

I’m leaning towards Winterspring for character level friendliness as well as faction friendliness. Starfall Village sounds great, I’ll have to do some recon in that area.

As for when, I’m a little conflicted…

I have a mysterious feeling that before the 24th works better for most people, while after might be better for me personally. My Xmas vacay starts the 21st and lasts until the end of Winter Veil, but some of that will be spent with family and friends IRL. Before the 21st, time will be a challenge for me because of work.

But The Winter Veil Gathering of Peace isn’t about me, it’s about you and us.

If anyone has date preferences or suggestions, please, let’s hear it!

Regarding time of day, my general impression is that 8pm (realm time) is preferred, so I think I’ll stick to that if no one objects.

I have some red Winter Veil “costumes” (bind on equip chest transmog items that also cover legs (well, on females it doesn’t cover much at all…)) as well as some matching Winter Veil boots.

The red Winter Veil transmog hat (as far as I know) only drops from dungeon and/or raid bosses during Winter Veil, but if you have a max level character, you can solo older content to get it very easily.

(If I remember correctly, the Winter Veil transmog is only available from December 16th to January 2nd.)

3 Likes

I like this idea and since I will have xmas vacation from the 20th to the 3rd, there’s a good chance of me being able to be there too!

21st sounds pretty good actually and at least for me and most others from my country, the 23rd-26th are the worst because of holidays etc.

Winterspring sounds good for snowy surroundings. Careful with angry mobs though.

4 Likes

Two in favor of the 21st, then!

Still open to other input, though :slight_smile:

I have a level 110+ Alliance warlock, and also passenger flying mount,

(although I don’t think I can summon and fly passengers at the same time, so someone else with flying passenger ability or another summoning warlock would be good:)

but it would be nice to have a summoning warlock, and passenger flying mount on Horde side too,

as well as a mage on each side who can offer safe and fast travel back “home” after the event.

4 Likes

I’m also for 21st! I have two seater, so I can carry someone :smile:

4 Likes

I am happy to announce that I have gotten in touch with someone able to offer nice things to the less blue-and-gold Winter Veil revelers.

Through six degrees of separation, I have learned that the Wayward Vagrants are planning a “Horde-side” Winter Veil celebration that we can merge with, making it a big, faction neutral event.

The event is

Monday December 16th 8pm,

and they’re having all sorts of cool stalls and stuff!

(Cross-faction trading is not yet possible, I believe, so if any Allies want to offer services or goods for a shiny bit of currency, that would be sweet:)

I will contribute to the event as best I can (providing food, drink, Red Winter Clothes & Winter Boots until I run out), and I hope Winter Veil-lovers of all colors and creeds find their way there!

There was some interest in the 21st, and I will Xmess it up then as well, if some are unable to attend the 16th.

I understand there are RP events in guilds probably every day of the week, so any one date won’t work for everybody.

8 Likes

Hope to see you all there! Should be a fun time. We have stalls, music and even Great Father Winter attending!

4 Likes

Not interested in the 16th, but if the cross-faction event on the 21st is happening then I am definitely attending that one! :sparkles:

4 Likes

I can’t on the 16th but will send you merry thoughts and hope to meet some nice people on the 21st

5 Likes

Then I would be honored if you could ‘shake’ the other _Hand_s (goofy laugh)

so that perhaps one or more of your, uh, “fellow Hands”

could provide some sustenance & whatnot -

to those with whom I won’t be able to trade :slightly_smiling_face:

The only thing better than a Christmas - uh, I mean Winter Veil - event, is…

TWO Winter Veil events!

(Well, three might be even better, but I have limitations…)

6 Likes

Some of our members are certainly available to reprise our roles on the 21st, also :smiley: So you’ll see some of us there!

6 Likes

I’m really sorry, Grawle, but from the sounds of it I will have to skip the other event as well. I hope everyone has fun during the celebrations! :snowflake:

2 Likes

Hastily made posters advertising an upcoming event in Winterspring have been put up in Horde and Steamwheedle Cartel cities and settlements around Azeroth:

https://i.imgur.com/OQ4ypEa.png

Big thank you to Zyc for making the poster! A lovely surprise and great contribution!

3 Likes

Well I’ll do my best to attend both! But I’ll be thinking about visiting Vagrants as a reddie…well… MAYBE :smiley:

3 Likes

One of my members has kindly offered to serve as one of Greatfather Winter’s reindeer in order to provide rides around the village, however, we came to the realisation that we can’t offer the same services to those of Alliance :frowning:

Should anyone wish to change that, you are more than welcome to! Otherwise we’ll have to put on our imagination hats :smiley:

1 Like

Bloody fel!

(Same post as in WV’s thread; just spreading the bad word:)

I just realized

(which is crazy, considering I looked at the date days ago, and thought, “Yeah, sure, that should work,” but)

I have an appointment the 16th… :neutral_face: :expressionless:

So, pretty please, Alliance awesomeone -

If any blue-and-gold are attending the 16th, could you take my stuff and give it away to any Ally who attends?

Double facepalm

(Double palm, single face.)

I am still doing the 21st.

4 Likes

Awh, it’s okay! It should last a few hours and it’s still an open house :smiley:

4 Likes