Name flagged for rename?

It does carry religious connotations, but I fail to see what’s offensive about the term. After all, we’re playing a game with large swathes of lore appropriated from Christianity, Norse paganism, etc.

That said, Blizzard’s stance is likely “if you need to debate whether it’s acceptable, then it’s not acceptable”.

Because it isn’t, it’s the ‘religious connotation’ bit you need to look at. :wink:

Blizzard’s games, Blizzard’s rules. And I don’t even disagree with them, because like I said, religion is an extremely divisive subject not at all suitable for a fantasy video game, full stop.

1 Like

ROFL, it is NOT an English word at all, it’s Arabic and translates to ‘allowed’ in English. eg Halal Meat is meat that is allowed to be eaten by Muslims.
The word does have religious connections but the word itself is not religious.

3 Likes

Dont try to act like a smartass, you picked a name and you know the consequences and now go rename your character into some lame name deathweaver or darkmagician.

On the contrary I bet it offended either a) someone who is offended by Muslims, or b) someone who decided to be offended on behalf of Muslims because they’ve decided that Muslims are weak and need defending.
Both of these are terrible reasons to report someone’s character name.

People need to stop reporting names that aren’t actually offensive.

1 Like

It’s actually an Arabic word, it means ‘permissible’ as in not Haram (forbidden).

Anyone offended by that honestly needs to leave the planet.

9 Likes

Yes, at least in retail that’s how it works.

It’s Arabic in origin, but it’s become an English word just like souvenir, guerrilla or bungalow. Open a dictionary and save yourself the embarrassment of making your ignorance public.

i suppose its not about the word itself or meaning.
most people connect it with food so its about the slaughtering process of the animal which is highly controversial.

1 Like

they can leave the planet too.

4 Likes

:roll_eyes: aaalright…

1 Like

LEAVE THE PLANET!

1 Like

if you say so. :+1:

nothing wrong with your name any senstiive fk that find this offensive need to stop existing

1 Like

What are you on about? He is 100% right its an arabic word, you cant appropriate a word that already has an origin its like saying café is an english word its just not.

1 Like

So you’re saying muslims are allowed to play wow but they aren’t allowed to name their characters after anything from their culture.

Interesting.

That’s not how languages work. If you use it in English, it’s an English word. And yes, café is an English word.

No mate its french. Just because you use it in an english sentence doesnt make it english

1 Like

I meen if your going down this road stop before you make yourself sound blöd

Maybe read a few posts above you, why this is bollox.
Learn what things mean before you speak.
Thanks.