Nazjatar is literal trash

The aesthetics of the zone might be the only positive thing about it.
The quest are dull.
The world quests are buggy or simply poorly programmed.

Like the Jumping Jellies.
You’re meant to leap from jellyfish to jellyfish all the way to the top.
BUT! with a game engine that offers you no smooth character control it’s nearly impossible rendering the entire endeavor luck based.

I’ve spend 30 minutes in Nazjatar and it’s already pissing me off.
Now if I didn’t rely on completing these WQ’s and quests I would simply move on and /care for them and skipping them.

BUT YOU’RE DEPENDENT ON THEM IN ORDER TO UNLOCK YOUR FLYING!

Can’t believe I resubbed for this…

At least Mechagon is fun and actually WORKS!

And another thing…

Nazjatar’s Arcane Pylons…

hit 1,2,3 to hit the incoming arcane blasts until the event/phase ends…

I hit 1, nothing happens… I hit 2… registers 2 key strokes… deminishing my durability bar etc.

It’s so bugged… I managed to beat one by rinse and repeat and relying on luck…

But screw this… it’s trash!

180 Likes

lol i just won battle for nazjatar event and didnt get any reward, i feel like i wasted 30 min for nothing

PS: i killed 10 horde

8 Likes

+1 on the Jumping Jellies. Its such a broken quest. i dont even know how it got through the PTR

40 Likes

Jaina: “Azshara’s blocking teleporting!”

30 seconds later: “I’ve opened an infinite portal to Boralus”

Come on Blizz

117 Likes

I guess we are now testing the open beta, like always

42 Likes

Well you’ve deleted your comment now but I’ll reply anyway, making valid criticism of content that we pay a subscription for is not exactly whining.

39 Likes

So far I’ve only managed to get to Naz’jatar played there for about 10 mins and yeah it’s very meh no feeling of real threat from the naga or Azshara. Nazjatar is aesthetically pleasing but that’s about it I’ll treat it like argus grind the rep then leave it in the past.

I havn’t got to mechagon yet but I’m hopefully it’s good.

3 Likes

What did you guys expect? You should already know that for 8.3 you will be disappointed as well. Blizzard will never do playworthy content anymore unless they change themselves internally. 5 days of sub left! \o/ feels good i will make zero difference to Blizzard though so who cares xD will play and see 8.2 for myself when I come home.

8 Likes

That’s almost as bad as terrible Hollywood screen writing in order to skip exposition “as you may know…” or "as you may have heard… "

1 Like

I don’t know what anyone expected.

The game is fundamentally bad - new zones and the same quest style isn’t going to change anything. It’s going to give you some hours of new things to do, then it’s back to normal until more time-gated content is released.

Classes and design philosophy need an overhaul, it’s not going to get any better until 9.x (the next expansion) at a minimum.

32 Likes

It’s just lazy writing. I don’t understand what the point of saying Azshara blocking teleporting was if 30 seconds later it’s not being blocked.

14 Likes

Jumping Jellies is easily the worst part about this awful zone.

26 Likes

Yup, this is absolutely ridiculous)

5 Likes

The same way pve items in arena got through. They don’t read the given feedback or don’t care for it and release everything regardless.

12 Likes

Nah am actully enjoying it…well to be precise…the wpvp side of it…the whole map was one big blood bath so far

I came for the views and stayed for the 50 alliance slayed quest.

The first essence i got, i used in combat all the time and it’s already binded on the bars.

sry for the bad pun :face_with_hand_over_mouth: but…benthicc gear makes you 5% larger.

To be fair, the reason we can use the portal is because of the Heart of Azeroth. Keeps it stable or something. I dunno. That seems to be a valid lore reason at least. Although a very convenient one.

3 Likes

They mentioned that only you (Hero) can get through because you have the heart of azeroth necklace with you.

That’s a lot better of an explanation than how the entire horde and zandalari army went to nazmir for a supposed ambush and there wasn’t a single mage in the entire army to transport them back to zuldazar after realizing it was fake and they had to run back.

2 Likes

Ah did they?

Okay must’ve missed that. It’s still rather convenient and I’d argue that a questline aiming to find a way to teleport out would’ve been better rather than 30 seconds later there’s an infinite portal.

I’ve spend like 1.5 hours there and it was really boring. More of the same (boring) content.

Even without time-gating the hollow content patch it boils down to be more of the same grind they call content which is not really satisfying. Come on Blizzard, you can do better than this.

So far the only good thing is to hide gear transmog but they pushed it into 8.2 just to keep people having an active sub.

Two more days until Shadowbringers. Blizzard should get some inspiration by checking it out. Get rid of daily chores and RNG over RNG over RNG and dull zones entirely in the next expansion.

8 Likes