Need help from warlocks doing M+15

So i did my first +15 and was thinking finally i can try out affliction, great single target dps ofc, still not feeling the aoe.

I’m 213 ilvl and did the following:
on AOE: would have around 6-7k dps once the mobs are dead (end of the pull)
Overall damage for the run: 4.2k dps

I’m running the Haunt/PS/DSM for boss damage.

My questions are:

what build is optimal for fortified vs tyrannical at this level?

Are you always running affliction or do you play destro as well?

What build did you run for +13 and +14 as well?

If someone with experience has some detailed answers it would be great :slight_smile:

i dunno if im just bad or is it normal but i jave around 212ilvl and end dung with 3.8-4.3 overal dmg. ive done a few +15 (need ToP for the mount)

theres not much u can do, i use an aoe build, absolute corr and vile taint. its basicaly seed of corruption the trash vile taint pop darksoul for the Gcd haste and spam TAB agony TAB agony untill all mobs have it and spam MR

i try to rotate my cds like i pop 2min cds on 1pack and 3min cd on the next etc.

cant tell u much about single target cause for some reason i suck at it. i feel weak at ST special when im out of shards. ive got kicked out of dung for “low” dps cause i cant compete with boomis /hunters and mages

u wanna know something fun? ilvl 215 lock sims for like 4.5 overall dmg while druid/hunter/mage sim 5.8 with the same gear. and have litle to no effort doing dps

That’s the thing, are they all OP or are we that bad in Mythic+, or am i running the wrong build? that’s what i wanna know because the UH DK did 5.6k overall in my run but he was 220 ilvl, but is it normal for 7 ilvls to push him that far from my overall dps!

im not sure, the youtubers/streamers that i see all have 226+ ilvl and do absurde amount of dmg, but the “not so pro” locks that i see (all under 220) cant go over 4.5overal dmg.

1 Like

I’ m currently doing all +15 as Destro.

Destro has great versatility, huge aoe and decent single target with dark soul and pride buff.

Using Infernal every 2 minutes is a lot of fun.

He’s recovering several positions in M ​​+ (as well as raid) after the buff.
In fact I see more and more youtubers considering Destro for medium-high keys now.

Consider that our average crew is getting up, so the adds and bosses are killed sooner so I find Destro’s choice better than Affly.

Personally I feel good, even often exceeded FMage in the final average dps. With 214 IL average 4.5k dmg.

I find that Destro is on the right way.

2 Likes

That’s interesting, because i was running destro for +12 and 13 and it was awesome, didn’t think it would be viable in +15 due to the length of the fights. I was running CDF though.

Also i love the playstyle of it in M+, far less hectic than affliction and no need to wait for ramp up. My only issue is single target damage on some fights.

Do you also play destro on tyrannical?

I just wish…WISH they would make cataclysm baseline so we can take up F&B as well!

Yes. It is important to engage bosses with at least 4 shards and save the burst for the boss. And covent Kyrian helps me a lot.

If a boss has adds (a lot), then thanks to the covent I can get 5 to 10 free soul shards (about 4-5 CB) every minute,
if it’s a pure single target you may not finish first in DPS in that specific boss, but I repeat the average equipment is now above 215 IL, even in the tyrannical week now the bosses will last very little. So Affly could 't express her potential.

Considering that the stats will rise I believe that Destro could become a meta class in M ​​+ in the coming months as in the latest BFA patch.

We just have to wait a bit.

3 Likes

havent played destro since cata. do we still need full crit gear? or its whatever?

I’m pushing around 4.8k-5.5k overall dps in +15s depending on which one it is, with gear that isn’t too good. I’ve got too much versa, not enough mastery.

Depending on dungeon and group the only change I make is SL and absolute corruption. Always SL on tyrannical. Sometimes even on fortified for a dungeon like TP.

Don’t be afraid of using cds. PS and soul rot used almost every pack. DSM used for bigger packs to spread dots faster.

Trigger seed with haunt. It instantly explodes compared to putting up seed with ua and agony.

No more than 5 targets with agony is needed.

Two things that are more important than doing dps is learning what to counterspell and what to purge with devour magic if something would go through.

1 Like

7th Feb, ToP+15, you did 3.46k dps overall. It’s 2021, we can check your claims.

1 Like

So is it normal to be doing 3.8k to 4.2k at 213 ilvl as affliction?

And what’s a good average for destruction?

Perfectly fine if you’re timing them. Aff takes so long to ramp that packs are dead before you can unleash the full burst

1 Like

How do you get the wilfried legendary item? wowhead shows me something of a ilvl 910 and drop from argus raid thing???

Wilfred was a Legion legendary, the new SL Legendary also re-introduced it as a Legendary effect.

It drops from DoS from The Manastorms boss.

WHat does DoS stand for?

De other Side

I would like to see his reaction. Why he disapear? :smile:

De Other Side, a dungeon in ardenweld.

How can u see overall dpa of other ppl?

Warlocks can easily push 5k+ overall dps depending on the team and the tank, don’t go in pugs expecting to do the same dps as youtubers but in general I have done some very good numbers on afli and some very bad ones especially if the tank doesn’t pull correctly with around 216 I could easily see over 25 k dps on certail pulls. Check bamesjond on YouTube he has very helpful content regarding afliction