Nerf Assa Rogue 4-set bonus (from a fellow Rogue)

Hi stealthy ones.

With the current patch, Assassination Rogue has had its damage fixed, and now does a good amount of damage in pvp. It is a very strong class without the 2 and 4 set bonus.

However, the 4set bonus makes us far over the top. Probably a S+++ class with the 4set bonus. So, please do not ruin the core of the class that you so nicely fixed, but address this over the top 4set bonus.

Your changes to the talent tree has given us good burst capabilities, which goes well with the class fantasy, so I would suggest the 4set bonus to give a bonus that does not further increase this potential. Most of our damage is from bleeds, and since the current 4tier set says

• When your weapon poisons deal direct damage, you have a 50% chance to gain Septic Wounds, increasing your Bleed damage by 4% for 8 seconds, stacking up to 5 times = 20%.

It is easy to see how this would rocket our damage into the moon, I dont even have 4set yet and my bleeds are hard hitting, so here is a fix that might be nice without being over the top.

• When your weapon poisons deal direct damage, you have a 50% chance to gain Septic Wounds, increasing your Poison/Nature damage by 4% for 8 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

Thus the 4set bonus wont improve Garrote, Rupture but instead improve our weapon poison damage and our Envenom. The tradeoff is that our 4set bonus now only improves our direct damage when we actively hit our opponent, and thus it should be easier for opponents to interact with us squishy hard hitting rogues, instead of having improved bleeds on you that hit like a truck while the rogue is nowhere to be seen :slight_smile:

My only wish is that you dont nerf the core assa rogue framework but nerf the 4set, because if you do it the other way around it will make all assa rogues without 4set bonus feel really bad while they farm the Vault.

Bleeds shouldnt be our core damage, they should delete it and revert us back to direct poison damage.

1 Like

Would be a nice way to make us different from Feral Druid.

I respectfully disagree, I like having a dotting spec. Subtlety is the spec that was always more about the finisher damage - problem is it’s currently in a very bad spot.

Perhaps the answer is to make more of the DoT damage of Assa Nature damage instead of bleed. So that for pure bleed builds you go Feral Druid, and for mix DoT you go Assa, and finally pure nonbleed DoT is then Affli.

Right now, because both run heavy bleed, both are easily countered by the Dwarf Racial.

Well you’re wrong and you have forgotten that envenom and poisons used to be our primary damage for many years. And damage over time is a terrible damage source in m+ and in pvp.

I am not wrong about me liking dotting spec, I really like the dotting spec, I think I know my own preference
Subtlety IS kinda built around finisher damage
Assa is actually pretty dope in PVP, go check skill capped or something

I don’t know much about MX, you might be correct on that, so I reward you some points

You are wrong in your assumption that sub is about finisher damage, and assassination is somehow a damage over time spec. Just because incompetent devs has had their hands on the spec and taken it down the wrong path. Doesnt mean that where we are now is where we ought to be.

And i don’t see why i would check skill capped, it doesnt change the damage profile of assassination to check a website. I’ve played every version of assassination, and all additions since legion are trash, our direction is all wrong. We should return to direct poison damage, and not the garbage that is damage over time as it is an ineffective assassination tool.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.