Never felt so useless... Incorporeal and Afflicted

I went in to season 2 with encouragement that finally Blizzard get’s that affixes shouldn’t define a m+ dungeon and at most they should be mild inconveniences and the difficulty is from your key level and the dungeon’s mechanics (as it should be).

Blizz removed Explosive, Quaking, and Grievous. I agree with Grievous but I’d take either Quaking or Explosive over Incorporeal and Afflicted.

Sure, Explosive and Quaking was an exercise in frustration but at least I could ensure the affix was dealt with.

I main a Warrior and have for over 15 years and I know others are in the same boat like Death Knights and with these new affixes we are basically useless and it’s not our fault our classes cannot deal with them effectively. I can stun them for a few seconds which worthless whilst some classes make them all but irrelevant, what happened to bring the player not the class?

I genuinely thought the age of affixes being a run defining ball ache was coming to an end and these affixes get added making affixes arguably more important than ever but even worse some classes cannot even deal with them in a meaningful way, they just have to hope they have players, sorry not players I mean classes that can deal with them on your behalf, because you’ll sure as hell know if they don’t…

Luckily I rarely pug as I have a great guild BUT even in a guild group we have to bring certain classes as lord knows I cannot help with either Incorporeal and Afflicted and I feel even more for the puggers, knowing you cannot help with an affix you are nothing more than a hinderance to the run and it’s nothing to do with you as a player it’s the class you main.

Is maining dead? Is the game now much less of an MMORPG and more e-sport that if want to play semi challenging content you must have an army of classes that you must play not because you enjoy the class but to simply ensure you’re not hinderance to the group? And for the poor puggers out there actually get an invite in the first place?

5 Likes

well you might be useless but if the group does not invite 3 warriors you will be fine.

playing a bremaster, both affixes are a total joke and ez mode.
healer and tank usually negate both affixes for the me hulk smash dps braniacs, so there is not much of an issue. i also invited warriors because the do quite a lot of damage apparently and have fantastic burst

This is mostly a healer affix so don’t worry. Of course its nice to have hybrid classes who can help me out but as far as I experienced it getting rid of the afflicted ghosts isn’t hard at all.^^

1 Like

Totaly agree. I felt so good playing VDH previous week. I felt myself very usefull in some fight situations. This week I m just chilling and can hope that others will do the job. And now ofc I want to have in my group only those who can dispel.
From the one side - okay, I m concentrated on tanking - this is hard role, but what orher classes should do this week? Rogues, warriors, dks, DHs? These only 4 classes have no dispel. Chances to get invite in a key are almost 0 this week.
Very bad design. Very.
I could understand if they let this affix to be purged and dispelled. Bit still - warriors are in a very sad situation atm.

Smooth-brain DPS hybrids don’t dispell afflicted anyway for the majority of the time in my experience, so don’t feel so useless.

These affixes are hot garbage.

mostly because the dumbo community…
meanwhile turn in a stream and see nao blasting 25 keys with dbl rogue vdh comp which you would think is unplayable by this forum :slight_smile: also a pug btw

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.