New Classic player

Hi there!
Ive only played retail the last few years but i started now to look at Classic and just started to level a character. I have never played Vanilla and started to play in Legion.
I like classic so far and like the old ”real warcraft” feeling. But i need some tips. Leveling takes really slow as u all know and im afraid i might get tired before 60 (and further to 70)and go back yo retail. Shaman is a class i like so probably focus on this one. How to not burn yourself out through the way. I can play around 2 hours /day, sometimes more.
Thanks!

Try to level with other players - get into a guild and be a part of the server community. Maybe there is a guy who also only plays 2h/day so you can level together.

1 Like

On youtube u can find anything u want )

1 Like

I know but was hoping for this community would be the right choice first :+1:

3 Likes

Yes but anyway u will do and only u ur final choice :sunglasses:
Its like to say a smoker “dont smoke dude it hurts etc” .Anyway only smoker can stop or continue ).
Sry for mb stupid example,iam not smoker just sayn )

Do not go to Youtube, because on there you’ll find streamers, speed runners, zoomers, and ‘influencers’ who are very, very knowledgeable about the game, but dictate that it should be played in a very structured, specific way for absolute maximum speed and efficiency.

Levelling in Classic takes time, that’s how it is. The developers did not consider this a bad thing. They imagined that the levelling process was a journey in itself where you actually played the game and experienced the world around you. It wasn’t something you were supposed to rush through at breakneck speed to get to the “real game at 60”, because back then raiding and end game PvP were niche activities, rather than mainstream activities. Sadly a lot of people have forgotten this and view levelling as a chore, and end game as the only important thing, just like Retail.

Levelling takes time, so work on it a bit, but take frequent breaks where you play a different game for a while. Join a good, friendly guild and the journey won’t feel so lonely.

But most importantly your own headspace and mindset is what is going to dictate whether or not you get burned out. Consider it a journey where you discover and interact with the world and you’ll be fine. Consider it a chore you need to rush through so you can start raiding, or doing the honour grind and you’re more likely to burn out.

6 Likes

The logic is you enjoy the journey, no need to rush anything, play in a chill manner, enjoy each level and quest, don’t worry about getting to 60, being 60 is just a part of the game. Or just get boosted to 60 in 2days but this is the same as retail if you ask me.

1 Like

wait for bc prepatch and buy a boost

play any class you like and don’t be afraid to experiment. I started lvling with warrior and at 60 I realized I didn’t like warrior class anymore so now I am main druid

1 Like

No.

(Ten words)

I just created a new character for a fresh start to a chill journey to 60 before TBC hits.
I’m in a social guild, I read the quest logs, do my professions and run dungeons with people with a similar mindset.

Only have time for a couple of hours a day (bar the weekends) due to work these days. Works out just fine on a high population server. I’m finding groups for low level dungeons at 6am, for instance (pun unintended)!

Really, just enjoy the ambience and the little things and it’s a therapeutic experience.

i have never played classic but i have played the real orginal game back in 2005 i happen to get my sub rogue to level 60 in 1 day beocurse 4 hunters carried/boosted me tru dungon 22 hours none stop in 1 week i was level 60 full of epic pvp with fully enchanted. still ona server knowed as Moonguard US :rofl:

just wait until the pre-patch then you can buy your levels mate, don’t worry about it.

well i might start to play when BC comes out i want to experianse the BT again and get touse Warglivers from iliidan again … what was the best times of wow …

If you don’t want to burn out while leveling, don’t focus on hitting 60.
Just focus on short term goals for every gaming session like finishing the 6 quests you have or hitting 100 in a profession, traveling to a far zone etc.
Find a guild with players in your range so you have people to play with.
Talk to strangers you meet along the way.

And never force yourself to play if you don’t feel like it.

In Classic, hitting 60 should not be the (only) goal, the journey there is great, too. Don’t think of it in terms of end game, think of it in terms of just playing a bit. Westfall can be more fun than AQ anyways. :wink:

Do what most of us did when we first started, sit in the game, run around and kill things.

Don’t focus on max level, don’t focus on raid specs or PVP specs. Just experience the pre-sundered azeroth. Experience the stories, the struggled of auto hitting things to death, the joys of pissing your mana away.

I suppose it’s different for you because even though retail is vastly different to Classic, you still sort-of know Azeroth. Most of us didn’t, the entire game was fresh to us.

1 Like

On my first, utterly clueless, char back in Vanilla I had trouble processing the fact that Teldrassil was not the whole world. I’d never played an open world game before and the scale of things was daunting.

When I sussed out how to reveal more zones on the map by zooming out I was like “what the hell? I’m only on a small island.” The idea of actually seeing other regions, or travelling across the ocean to another continent seemed distant, and far away, and hardly even achievable.

It’s a shame how the world shrinks once you’ve played a few chars and effectively learned the game.

1 Like

On my very first character (Orc) I assumed “The Valley of Trials” was the entire world. Little did we know back then eh

1 Like

Hehe, at least those worthless lazy peons were given a proper lesson in discipline.

1 Like