New Covenant Renown Levels

From this thread we see they’re adding 40 more renown to the covenant story and progression.

So my question is:

• do you prefer it to be weekly capped? If so, how much? 2/ 3/ 10 renown/ week?
  • uncapped. Lemme farm my sanity away.

What would you like to see?

WTB forum poll

I personally am fine with the system they had in 9.0. Sure, time-gating sucks, but let’s be honest, it’s their only way of stretching out the content outside of raids, dungeons and PvP.

3 Likes

If I want I would like to farm it away with no caps and be done with it on my own pace.

2 Likes

I don’t care about renown so the weekly cap of 2 is fine to me. If they decide to make it uncapped that’s fine too.

4 Likes

i dont care if renown is weekly caped but i care if the story is timegated and sadly it was. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

On the PTR the story is locked behind renown levels.

My only demand is if you give me 40 levels of renown give me enough story to stretch those 40 levels, or make sure the last story campaign tied to renown gives you all your player power (for example right now that would mean you get all your soulbinds + their unlocked talent slots at renown 20 where renown 21-40 just gives you cosmetics)
The renown acquisition past 20 was absolutely unnecessary and it was really obviously only intended to stretch out playtime because there was no story tied to these last 20 renown levels which in general is not very fun when it’s as obvious as it is/was

Also having the story quests last like 10 minutes per week makes it really hard to get immersed in it, these aren’t world quests, I don’t mind story quests taking a bit longer considering they’re more narrative tools then actual quests you do to get power/gold

Each renown now 41+ gives something.

Either a soulbind upgrade, anima reward upgrade, world quest upgrade, +stamina and so on.

Starting renown 61+ you get enhance a conduit row.

What I’m interested in is when we’re getting flying.

2 Likes

seriously, flying is the 1 thing that removes almost all of the annoying issues imo.

1 Like

This is just frustrating.

1 Like

I hope renown 80 I’ll get the title “Child of Bastion”… “Hand of the Archon” wasn’t appealing at all! :frowning_face:

1 Like

I want to know at what level I’m getting flying and far my way to that, no restrictions. I have been avoiding SL until I can fly, it can’t get here soon enough.

2 Likes

I’m also interested in whether we will be able to fly in the Maw and the new zone once we’ve defeated the Eye of the Jailer.

1 Like

Each story segment is like a 10 min Steven Universe episode. It’s so bare bones they have to heavily time gate it otherwise we’d clear it in an hour or less.

I find that quite pathetic really.

1 Like

It is pathetic, but it’s how it is. I don’t think we can expect nothing more than that.

1 Like

Personally I don’t mind having it timegated, I don’t usually like doing a large amount of content all in one go, as I feel compelled to complete it, I prefer having small frequent goals, so I’d rather have it gated, as I also have to do it on multiple alts.
this way I can play my normal gamestyle, punctuated with renown quests here and there, instead of spending my entire playtime for 10 days doing only renown on main + alts.

2 Likes

Well the current format is pretty fair imo. You’ll catch up while playing the game (smh LFR is seemingly a good way to do this as you basically get one level per boss) and progress always has a very accessible weekly grind.

Makes the game very alt friendly for competitive players and is still accessible for casuals and returning players.

Don’t think unlimited grind would be better tbh.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.