Please unlock all hair colors for all races @barbers [hair dyes]

Hair dyes are a very simple tech, and we already have barber shops, and dyes for crafting at the shops…

To have a choice to use hair dyes of all kinds of colors by barber shops would hardly be against the lore if it was made clear they were a simple cosmetic option.

Wanna play a Tauren with blue hair or a night elf with red? Just dye it away!

All it would take would be for them to be only available at the shops, and for a higher fee than racial colors.

18 Likes

If we’re not getting that with the new customisations in 9.0 it’s probably because blizzard will blame it on the engine or w/e.

1 Like

I’m both for and against this… can’t really decide :thinking:

I mean yeah it would be pretty cool to have the option to dye it to whatever color I want but at the same time I’d be forced to see people having ridiculous hair colors that don’t fit the race(in my mind).

7 Likes

At least you’re most likely be able to tell Lollers from RPers apart :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s doable but it would require changes in how all hair textures are made. Nowadays plenty of hair textures have built in all the hair accessories. So you can’t simply make them greyscale and apply color on top. Tauren in particular would create a lot of mess to allow them to change their mane color.

I wouldn’t expect that to happen. Just look how they did the dye system for the cat mount. They just made few predefined colors you can swap between.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me, but considering the freedom people already have with mogs, and how most headpieces cover up the head/hair anyway, I cannot truly consider weird haircolors more evil than many of the options we already have. ^^

Mind you, I still cannot understand why most seasonal mogs are locked while the silly Blizzcon pjs are available year round… :wink:

That’s a good point, there are some crazy mogs out there.

I dunno, never thought I’d have such conflicting feelings about hair :sweat_smile:

That’s a perk :smiley:

1 Like

Hair dyes in my fantasy world? Never ever!

1 Like

They should add non permanent hairdyes that alchemist make from inscription pigments. Consumables you can use to get your hair dyed for 1-4 hours. Wouldn’t even have to be super well done, just same quality that you get in Mechagon when you paint yourself for that rare.

3 Likes

This is a good idea.

2 Likes

I’d prefer if they just added all natural hair colours. I honestly think seeing a pink cow or a green worgen would literally destroy any immersion that’s left of the game.

Tauren with bright pink hair and neon green horns…

3 Likes

Not sure how I feel about this. Cannot imagine a draenei with pink hair or a ne with brown hair…just weird imo

I understand your argument, but for me, there’s no immersion left in this game…

• The leveling experience is a chronological nightmare.
  • I see swimming/jumping motorcycles every day.
  • 12 people on my screen at the same time with the same mount, that is supposedly the only one in the world.
  • People running around in a yeti onesie.
  • Gnomes/Goblins dual wielding weapons larger than themselves.
  • Saw someone dual wielding a pair of dead fish the other day.
  • A story constantly focusing on teamwork against a bigger evil, then we’re immediately back to fighting each other based on whether we hate blue or red cloaks.
  • My characters can’t seem to decide whether they understand orcish/common or not. As I can’t understand what the hell that player says, but I’m sent on quests to steal intel (handily written in a language I understand) or spy on conversations. And I presume the two humans my Orc was spying on weren’t practicing their Orcish right then and there.

Seeing a tauren with his hair dyed blue isn’t gonna make it any worse… At least not for me.

4 Likes

I would personally go for RGB horns that’s has a breathing effect.

3 Likes

On that note.

I absolutely hate that whenever i start a new chracter in a fantasy world all i see are freakyn bikes all over. Bikes, Bikes and more damn Bikes.

1 Like

They need to go further than fixed colours… Star Trek Online, colour picker from a full 256 colour palette.

1 Like

Slightly offtopic:
here’s a fun pasttime - look for npc with the unique customization options. Bonus points if these options were added recently. I know of 2 such options currently in the game, one is old and one is new. And no, unique models don’t count.

1 Like

Demon hunters night elves have black hair…

Maybe just a matter of getting used to it?

I said brown not black :stuck_out_tongue: