New essence on the PTR. Extra honor talent

Smoke Bomb is always picked as Sub, legit always, unless you’re playing wrong or having some fun with a meme build to hit 150k dfa at 1k5 cr in 2s and decided to drop bomb for dfa.

Assa picks it all the time in 3s too, and almost always in 2s. I would say always but you can still kill people without it with a damage talent, it’s just not as good and that’s it. Smokebomb is 5s cc on a healer who stands far from you, or a couple seconds from a healer who isn’t far, or a way to prevent him from being in combat after a kidney so you get a sap, or a way to protect yourself or your team from cc/damage, it’s just too good compared to the rest of the talents right now.

As Sub probably yes but as Assa it’s not always that good imo. Might be wrong though.

Well you’re wrong. There is no better talent for 3s at the moment especially considering the comps rogues fit in. And as I explained you can not have it in 2s but it will reduce your chances at winning the game, only a bit vs some comps, a lot more vs others. Unless you’re playing a “I hard zerg healer and pay 0 attention to the dps who is a melee and will never ever consider swapping on him just pve healer and hope I win first”, in which case you can pick damage and mobility, but lets be honest, you usually keep it to have the swap opportunity because that’s one of the strengths of the class, would be stupid to play like a dk as a rogue, or even to make sure you can’t be gripped or sapped on your only real kill attempt.

Way of the crane in m+ is going to be extremely op (and fun)

2 Likes

Most of the talent should be renew or with a larger choice .

Crit from feral will be cool, crit from boomy aswell, but who in the world say "Hey, bring Necrostrike/MortalWounf against a boss who has no healthregen :rofl:

Amz/the crit upgrade thing from warrior should be so much better choice tbh.

Even in PvP this " choice" wont be so mandatory since other essences are cleary superior.

Some of those talents are well decided. Reverse Harm for example is a very good ability for PvE it adds damage, healing and costs less energy than an Tiger Palm. Turbo Fists as choice would have been cool but probably too strong.

People here need to remember that these essences are also focused on PvP. Necrotic Strike or Sharpen are actually very good choices because you don’t have the MUST pick anymore in PvP, but some people here think (ugghg rework LUL) but these choices are actually very good for PvP combat.

Demon Armor for Locks as 4th honor talent also opens another honor talent because Demon Armor is also a must pick against most of the cleaves expect pure caster cleaves. Just to get an example.

And net picking every best honor talent makes this essence basically must pick in PvE and we need to remember there are also other essences to use.

1 Like

Not all, for me it seems like we get symbiosis 2.0. Some classes will have all other essences PLUS this one (like resto druid with overgrowth, good choice in pve/pvp) while other specs like arms, unholy, resto shaman etc will only use it in pvp IF they will use it at all .
I mean yes, more customization is always welcomed but is it really an extra choice when it’s not something you would like to use?
It just feels half-assed to me and can’t stop thinking about how we will not really get anything in the biggest content patch this expansion but an arena map and epic ashran.
If the talents were the most picked ones for every spec in pvp then we would gain another talent choice for our taste/playstyle.
Would it be different in pve? No, but in pvp it would spice things up for a while.

This essence are based upon which talents are mostly choosen amongst pretty much all classes and specs in PvP. Which means the classes which have good choices for PvE will most likely be changed as stated in the blue post here.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/boomy-feral-forced-choice-on-essences/179895/22

Since blizzard went on some Data collecting spree I suppose they just looked at “these talents are most often picked”. So for the most part this essence mean +1 extra talent for any activity in PvP. I also think they will really not give choices which whould be usefull in PvE.

I acctually think that this essence once the system are fully completed will be the overall safe choice for PvP. Since I have a feeling essences will go same route as traits etc. aka significant reduction in efficiency in PvP.

I will just give you one simple example: Havoc DHs literally never pick demonic origins. If they remove demonic talent they might consider doing so but at the moment it’s just not worth it.

Tbh It’s to most picked PvP talent, mostly due to Warmode bonuses making people run it simply for PvE choices. If we start to look only on arena and RBG’s etc. It’s not a popular choice. However most players just take PvP talents for PvE purposes in WM which puts it in a top spot. Cause really who whould use Detainment, Cover of Darkness or Mana Rift to do WQ’s with a bonus. :roll_eyes:

Blizzard usually just do a flat “popularity” check, not properly informed chocies.

‘kay, you’ re trolling. Cya m8

Read his entire message instead of going full retard. He actually makes a very good point. It’s never picked in rated pvp but it’s autpicked to do world quests with wm on, and since there are more players doing wqs than arenas if blizzard looks at the most picked talent without looking specifically at arena players then demo origins is going to be number one, or close to.
It all comes down to what part of the population blizzard wants to satisfy here. Pvpers ? Raiders ? Just the casual playing quests because they looked at overall data instead of specific endgame content ?

Dont know why you post this on arenas, its a PVP talent that will be used in PVE .

Yeah ofcourse, when the rogue gets the best of the best it should be baseline.
Now we have to have a rogue because of his shround in M+ now we have another reason to be forced to take a rogue.

That is ridiculous, rogues need a serious nerf in their utility + damage inside M+ there are many many melees in the game not just the rogues.

Smokebomb at the expense of the essence that procs Vendetta = the best of the best for PvE ? :’)

There is no content in the game that extreme damage output matter that much. Having a smoke bomb though, the right time not randomly proced on an ez mob maybe is the way to go.

Afterall rogues damooge is already a faceroll, they output so much more than others dont know what is going to change but still yes, this is by far the best talent you can go in M+ and raiding.

Raiding wise:
Why would i care about you loosing 3-4 k dps while with 3 click you can save the whole raid + 5-6% mana from each healer?

1 Like

Outlaw in m+ might use that instead of random AR procs, because their AoE dps paired with reaping is downright dumb but that’s all. That being said they’re getting slightly nerfed on the aoe side next season AND we lose reaping so Outlaw, while it might remain strong, will take a huge step back so that’s a false problem. Can’t compare current meta and just add essences to the classes and say wow too op, look at what’s coming for those classes and meta next season too.

Assassination will never benefit from this essence. You don’t seem to realize what vendetta procs represent for the spec, under no circumstance will an assa pick bomb if he wants to be optimal ESPECIALLY since there is no encounter designed to be negated by it so every cast in dgs and raids can already be healed or dodged (los, interrupt, etc).

You don’t have to defend me, by calling It names. If It want to call me a troll, let it. It just make it look like a fool…

Well I think they just look at the most common picked traits over the whole population. Which includes people who leveled with WM-on or people who only play with WM-on for bonuses and in general don’t do much PvP at all. Then picked a PvP-talent among the top three which showed up.

For example Rapid mending for Holy ain’t a common pick(well sometimes picked), however almost all holy priests who choose to play holy while questing pick it up, since It’s one of the few “usefull” PvP talents for this purpose. Greater Fade, Holy Ward and Greater Heal are all much better for PvP but offer like no “solo value”.

When It comes to Discipline they got it pretty much correct. But that may be because the most popular Discipline talents whould become a PvE menace… Trinity - interfers too much with PvE heal rotations.
Archangel/Dark Archangel, whould be broken in raids.
Ultimate Radiance, well it explains itself.

That’s probably why they immediately blue posted about specificly the Balance and Feral druid ones. Since both of these talents are really popular, however in a PvE raid/Dungeon these two whould be broken.

You dont seem to realize how things work, when a raid leader asks you to use it and you dont use it OR you refuse to equip it you will simply be replaced. The same will happen in dungeons too. I dont know if there is a way to see what essences others have equipped but expect a kick if you are asked for it and dont have it. Therefore this change will harm you as well.

Game mechanics are specifically designed to hurt the tanks and the healers, thats why you have an unlimited source of energy-combo points that regenerates fast and gained by using XXXX ability and thats why healers have mana that empties out fast.

Agree but the thing is, feral NEEDS a spot in this game since in PVE both feral and frost dk’s are the least utilized melee’s.

By bringing a feral/boomy that have: Soothe+Rebirth inside a dungeon both tanks and healers will benefit from it making Rdruid abit less dominant healer. Still it will be dominant but others will have a chance i guess.

That is a good chance, i cant remember last time feral’s had a spot in top tier content. Boomy had always its use though.

The thing is currently there is no mechanic requiring Smoke Bomb. So by asking a Rogue to use it you lose on something else for nothing. The only thing Smoke Bomb could be useful for at the moment is a mad pack of reaping casting Grave Bolt on the healer and the group has zero aoe interrupt. And reaping will be off and away next season. So, as far as we know, there is no mechanic necessiting Smoke Bomb. The reason why it was so good in the past ik PvE was not primarily because of the LoS breaker effect, it was because Smoke Bomb also was a small Barrier, reducing raid damage taken by 10%. So it has two effects and was versatile. It does not do this anymore.

Saying “if you refuse you’ll be kicked” is not smart. The point was, if it’s not needed, you won’t be asked to use it or wipe. And so you’ll not use it. Because there will be something granting you 15% more dps. Huge.