New essence on the PTR. Extra honor talent

You can’t keep dodging melee hits when an adds does in out in out in out because you do not have a timing equal to that of a computer, which means you can’t reliably step in out exactly at the very same time. Sure visually you’ll do it, but the line that defines whether or not you can be melee’ed won’t be crossed at the same time. Not to mention that, okay, lets IMAGINE the add is out and you are in. It walks in you walk out. In order to dodge the hit you need to be on the line of smoke at the very same millisec because if you go out first you get hit, if he goes in first you get hit. That means you go one way the add goes the other way and at one point you’ll both be on the edge, and then the add will walk towards YOU not towards thr inside, so thr add will, in fact, never go inside.
Same as when a Mage blinksx the add immediately turns away, it doesn’t go where the mage was.
Not to mention that sentence :

And

So you see you didn’t in fact know how it works when you started the argument.

Btw I’m aware lf all nerfs/buffs released as many people are.

Firstly i was refering to the add on KR shadow of zuul, in high keys that is something you have 0 idea about it and there bombs works perfectly since the casts kill. Just because you faceroll it on the last KR 12 you run according to rio it doesnt mean you know what it actually does neither how it is on high keys.

Also, you started the argument. Now if someone that has different opinion from you is an argument for you… You know, get yourself checked and most importantly L2P to the subject im talking about.

Why you always have to cause a drama about everything and everyone that doesnt agree with what you think and what you see on the 12’s youre running?

Chill out man, you seem to have a problem there and insisting on derailing the threat.

The use on Shadow of Zul is one of the few niche scenarios Smoke Bomb would be good in. And as I said, situational use in a specific dungeon with a specific affix doesn’t make it op broken must have. That’s why it’s situational.

Also, be kindly reminded that I never ever questionned the fact that it had niche situations, nor thar it would be good against a pure caster add like Shadow of Zul. What I did was point out your obvious lack of knowledge when you said you wanted to use it to dodge melee adds which isn’t possible due to how Blizzard made add pathing regarding their threat holder. A kid with a drawing would understand.

So, yeah, it would be helpful against Shadow of Zul, you’re right (ouch) but no, it wouldn’t be useful against the berserker packs before the butcher where you wanted to use it to negate melee attacks as it doesn’t negate melee attacks at all. On that point you’re very wrong. And it was to my understanding that you deemed bomb op because you thought it would allow to dodge melee and refresh stacks when in reality it doesn’t do that. But yeah it’s cool vs Shadow, it’s cool vs spit gold in the same dg but with different affixes if you happen not to be able to manage it since I think it won’t recast if it fails on a well timed bomb (it recasts if you vanish to break cast but not if you negate it with cloak and with the proper bomb timing you can negate it ans not just cancel it), it’s good vs the last boss of Tol Dagor to negate his stacking thingy, and so on. Niche scenarios which usually do not make it worth using for the entire dungeon.

Just it doesn’t allow to negate any melee attack. Keep that point in mind and fine use it on fortified shadow. Just don’t expect your rogues to prevent the stacking debuff on double berserker just before as it doesn’t work :wink:

It doesnt work in your 1200 rio world and in 12’s 13’s you do :slightly_smiling_face:

For further difficulties that you have clearly 0 knowledge how they hit, it does.
It can work on melee attacks as well, no matter how much you insist when this goes live let people a while and you will see it utilized by non 1200 rio pugs.

But why im even arguing with a 1200 rio rogue on the forums about the obvious?
Hold your horses and wait if it goes out live, still not in your 12’s as there it has no use in the faceroll xD

It doesnt work on a the gold debuff simply because its a debuff, its not something the boss targeting you.

I actually think this is good. Like Mekkatorque has some bomb mechanic, imagine being able to almost nullify the initial damage from that almost every time?
Only thing to heal would be the dot. Add turtle to the mix that makes it possible to avoid that during parts of the encounter where there’s high pressure?

It’s not something unique either to have some mechanics like that either.

Dunno, I prefer to get some utility spells in pve. So many times I have missed having smokebomb as a rogue as well.

Imagine telling me I lied when I said I wzs aware of what happens in a dg and next telling me that Spit Gold isn’t something the boss does by targeting you.
You’re aware Spit Gold is cast by the boss and only when the cast ends you get the debuff right ? You’re aware the boss targets the person who will get spit gold and then casts it, and you’re aware that you can see who with “target of target” option, right ? How do you think some people meld it, vanish it, ams it, and so on ? My gosh, that means you don’t even see the cast as a healer ?

So yeah it works because you can Smoke Bomb the end of the cast to avoid the cast being successful and thus you avoid the debuff. That’s the entire purpose of a spell like Smoke Bomb. Imagine trying to bash someone on rio score and then saying you can’t avoid the spit gold debuff when it’s a cast. You’re amazing. I mean it. Like for real, you’re saying Smoke Bomb negates melee attacks, and when I say “here okay it can be used to avoid a cast” you say no no doesn’t work. Hello ?

Then make a trial Rogue and show the world how. You can pick Smoke Bomb and go aggro an add with Warmode on, should be easy proof. But I guess you can’t do that 'cause youre wrong.

The conflict and strife essence should literally just give you another pvp talent slot, and thus not be usable in raids or M+. That would make it easier to balance AND NOT FORCE PVE PLAYERS TO PLAY PVP.

Notwithstanding that, some pvp talents should be made into baseline abilities, but that is another matter.

It’s blizzard’s way to make it believe they listen when they do not.

PvP players were forced to play a lot of PvE to be competitive (more reliable way of gearing up plus op items) while PvE players just maybe wanted one PvP trinket as a 1% upgrade, but there is no way to reliably farm it above 400 so this is down to luck. PvPers complained about that inequal treatment, about being forced that much to play the other aspect of the game when it wasn’t the case for PvE players.

There were two solutions. Reduce the PvE dependancy that was present in PvP for two happy communities, OR keep the PvP players forced to play PvE AND force PvE players to play PvP as well to have maximum unhappy people. Why would they choose the latter is the question. Oh well at least there’s a bit more equality. We should be happy.

Why im even talking about M+ with someone that my alt has bigger exp ?

You not worth of my time, as i said multiple times things in your 12’s are not what you think they are in 17-18-19 etc and no matter how much time i waste explaining things to you, your imaginary world always wins.

I dont care what essence you are going to use in your 12’s and you wont change my opinion about what a smoke bomb can bring in the group, live with it

Think any hybrid is less pruned than Rogue has been. Anything less and rogue would not be able to function as a class mean while druid, monk, paladin all have utility which is global and arguably even in some cases not needed whether its extra druid forms or something else.

As said, if you took anything more from rogue (other than maybe shroud. Don’t think I’d personally miss that.) I can’t see how rogue would function given how clunky stealth as a mechanic in general is.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

There have been made some new changes.

Mages got now Temporal Shield
Feral and Balance Druids are getting Thorns instead of Aura buffs
Hunters knockback trap
Rogues are getting now Maneuverability (supressing slows with sprint)
Holy Ward for Holy Priests
Thundercharge for Enhancement shamans.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

1 Like

If they won’t give interrupt to Demo they are just silly.

one this is for certain, a lot of pvp talents offer quite abit of utility. Utility that would make a lot of classes much more diverse in pve.

Imagine a dk having that amz to offer some form of defense for the team instead of every dps class just having to tunnel the boss/adds.

Idk I just like the idea of players being able to offer something to actually help their team from time to time. This goes especially for tanks. I would love to see every tank have some form of group/single player defensive move. Abit like the paladin shield where people stand behind it.

Ofc that would mean that they have to balance a lot of those pvp talents since some of them are kind of nuts if you’d bring them to pve unchanged.

The talent for affliction locks remains unchanged? It’s useless in pvp due to design, and useless in pve due to bugs… what a joke

Rogue ones irrelevant between thectwo theyve chosen since generally theyre both mandatory. Seems theyre trying to give mandatory pvp spells with less use in pve. If only pvp could break pve for once.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.