New flying is amazing

Love the new riding system, so just here to give a positive feedback,
For people who don’t like it, give it a chance, start by farming glyphs for dragonriding (It’s account wide) Flying speed is really nice and with maxed vigor and dragonriding you don’t even need to land to recharge.

29 Likes

I’ll admit that I haven’t got all the glyphs yet. I just find it annoying af to get to mining nodes with, especially ones on the tiny cliff faces with no obvious place to land/aim for.

I can imagine a newcomer to the game Looking at one of these particular nodes and thinking “wtf, surely that node is bugged, I can’t land there” and it’s only those who know wow’s terrain quirks that know it’s normal for shiz to behave a certain way.
Obviously it’s always been this way but with dragonriding, it brings the problem right to the forefront.
I just wish you could hover, even if that cost some vigor to do.

2 Likes

Watched some on YT. Seems a lot of fun.

I might… damn can’t believe I’m even saying this… but I might…IF they have a Christmas sale on DF…buy Standard Edition.

3 Likes

Hell yea, I enjoyed lvling, the story, flying, dungeons, pvp. So far it looks like a very nice expansion, join us!

2 Likes

Once you get the last 3 talents on the bottom row it’s actually so much fun. 0 downtime flying, and you’re permanently going so fast. I really really love it. And I thought I was going to seriously hate it

7 Likes

Another thumbs up here! I’m loving it. I am really happy about that as I thought I was going to hate it. I even enjoyed getting to the hard to reach high altitude glyphs. I haven’t tried it with gathering yet, I need to see if the boat will turn up to ship my alts that way first.

2 Likes

Having a good time with it as well. Enjoying exploring looking for the Glyphs. Really cool feature.

1 Like

Its good but sometimes is little complicated when you dont have the high ground. But is fun.

I have to agree. At the very first start I hated it, but a couple of hours in i’m liking it. I was disappointed when I found out it doesnt work at all outside DF, that’s kinda lame would’ve wanted to use it when going around in old MOP zones etc.

3 Likes

THIS!
First day it was a pain. It was more the time spent on the ground than actually flying.
The second day I collected all the glyphs and I’m getting the hang of it.
I still call it “Enhanced Gliding” but now I can go to one place to the other far corner of the map in seconds… seconds!!

I took a day off yesterday to progress a bit the char. When I finally got to bed and close my eyes my mind was swooping in the air again :rofl:
I like this fast flying (or gliding), makes me feeling free.

One complain though is: it’s not a flying mount, meaning you can’t get distracted or take a small break while flying like before.
I got distracted by the chat and hit a mountain :stuck_out_tongue: I couldn’t get myself back up in the sky. Wish it could stay in the air when out of vigor.

1 Like

It’s so good. When I went back into the old zone the zero gravity mounts just felt like crap, which is why they need to roll it out all over azeroth. Flying over Legion and MoP areas with dragonriding would be glorious. I need that in my life.

1 Like

Jeepers :rofl: I just realised I never went back to the old zones since DF started. I’m really enjoying it.

Nodes are pretty bugged and misplaced tbh. There’s many in walls or half way up slopes you can’t land on. Thankfully, the new intereact key lets you get the ones that spawn inside a wall with a bit of wiggling around.

Normally I wouldn’t have! But on my server there are no tanks, so I had to bring my alt tank to DF xD

I really hope the new flying gets enable in the old world, either during or after Dragonflight, as rushing through the air feels so good.

yeah… I think I’m going to put back my summer fan next to the monitor :rofl:

I loved it already in pre-patch with evokers and while actual dragonflight is slightly different thing I love that too.

For those struggling with dragonflight, just start with small steps. Get on your dragon riding mount, double jump (2 x space bar) to get in the air and just glide to a direction you want to go. Use your mouse to control the direction and speed. Nose down → go fast. Nose up → slow down.

Use ‘1’ to get more speed (swoop?) and use ‘2’ to get more altitude. To get even more altitude, face your drake straight up before pressing 2 (dive upwards) and fix the position back to normal horizontally before the speed goes to 0. Both of these actions costs 1 vigor

I wish there was a slow button or stop button, so i can actually navigate (watch map, minimap) to where i want to go. And it would be nice to be able to enjoy the surroundings too. It goes way too fast for me. Also ‘landing’ is the same as crashing on the ground? Am i missing how to land? Can also not do it for too long. Getting motionsickness from it.

1 Like

That is the common way to do it. You could slowly fly in circles above where you want to land, slowly decreasing the altitude if that is the way you want to do it. To my understanding there is no specific landing button to be pressed

I am having a great time traversing the lands and searching for quests/races.

Only little downside I have is it goes soooooooo fast I fly over nodes or npc’s before I even realise :exploding_head:
I haven’t even unlocked any extra vigor yet!