New Gaming Rig Advice

I’ve done some researching so far, and as for current parts I’d go for:

CPU: I5-9600K, good overclocking capabilities, cheaper than most other intel pieces.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler. There are several other pieces, this is just my own preference, and I might be a little bit of a sucker for RBG lighting.

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory Will do you nice, not overpriced, good performance.

MOBO: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard This motherboard has gotten really good reviews across the board, but there are cheaper alternatives, just a personal preference.

GPU: Currently, I would personally refrain from buying a new GPU, and wait out on upgrading my system as a whole, as prices are bound to go down, especially on the GPU market with the current downwards slope of bitcoin’s value, and the new GPU tech on the horizon. Patience is a virtue here. If you’re really desperate for an upgrade, go for an economic one like MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB GT OCV1.

For Storage, I’ve been wrestling with multitude of storage options, like HDD and SSD combinations, but I’m personally really conservative when it comes to storage usage, I clear unused bulk frequently, or simply transfer it to an external hard drive. so I’ve come to the conclusion that a single Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive will serve all my needs when it comes to gaming and overall computing.

For PSU, there’s more options, but I’d recommend going for the well known brands, as the lesser favoured PSUs are known to affect on how good of an overclock you can achieve with your hardware, for this reason, I am currently leaning towards EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply. This PSU has more wattage than I need, but I must remind; you don’t want your PSU to be utilised 100% all the time, as this creates strain on the piece, thus reducing reliability and lifespan of the product.

For computer case, I am a lazy person, got big hands, and short temper, I’ve used 2 fractal design cases, R4 and R5, which are very nice indeed, but the shortage of space, and having a water cooler with a rad on the top of the case, plugging in the fan connectors at the top can cause issues and loads of frustration. I have also had Cooler Master Storm Stryker, which was really nice, worth a look. Although, I’d recommend Corsair - Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case; it has a lot of space, more than you necessarily need, but it will be convenience, worth it, imo.

Disagree or agree? Let me know, give me suggestions you think might be better, I’d like to have this thread build up a civil conversation, which will eventually help us all build a more ideal system that is budget friendly, best bang for buck so to say.

Hope you have a good day / night! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What would you recommend for a monitor?

Sorry, I have unsubbed from wow, and don’t really pay attention to the forums and all that.

For monitor, it depends on your preferences, I like vibrant colours, a high refresh rate and low latency, so I have gone with " BenQ XL2430T " or something similiar will suffice. I used to play FPS games a lot, where high refresh rate mattered, and got used to it to the point where 60hz hurts my eyes. So far I have been very pleased with the screen, it doesn’t break the budget, it does a brilliant job at what it does. Again, sorry for the late response!

1 Like

Not a problem with regards to the late response, I appreciate the reply and will check the monitor out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.