New guardian talent tree looks even worse!

New iteration of the guardian tree is up. They riped all moon talents apart from each other and filled stuff with 0/2 passiv trash.

• atm you need 3 ways to get to the bottom for incarn, usocs and maybe sleeper. and always a 2 point passive is in the way.
  • they moved ursocs with this usless cd reduction of frenzied regeneration and made it a 2 talent passive.
  • Survival of the fittest is also a 2 talent point now and locking us out of the bottom right where sleeper is and blood frenzy for trash rage generation
  • if you want incarn which is a must have for dungeons you need to spend 4 points for circle and fury of nature which makes no sense to put moon/arcane damage spells there. moon should be a seperate part from the tree like it was in the first place lol.

I dont know if this is the current build on the alpha but its way worse than the old one. I dont know who gives feedback to them but this person must be drunk.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-calc/druid/guardian

5 Likes

Why did they separate the arcane stuff. Also, for crying out loud add another arcane spell. Can we get Starfall or Starsurge instant in Bear Form?

would be nice because its also acrane damage.
they made it worse because it was too good to be true :frowning_face: lot of spells are just a usless talent pick we need to do. Sunfire, all Boomkin spells. All not castable in bear. :man_shrugging:

They made us waste more points i to 0/2 passives so we have less points available for the good stuff.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s amazing to me that there are no EU Bears posting in the alpha forums, but this is objectively a worse layout than what we had previously. So many weird choices and things locked behind useless stuff.

Rather than detail specifics, I think this sums it up nicely:

They just need a single path for moon talents. obvious for us i think lol.

• And blood frenzy should swap with brambles. blood for aoe rage gen and the other talent for big boss hitters rage gen. :exploding_head: boom yes mind blowing. everyone saw that.
  • brambles should be where the usless slow is or the usocs endurance, which no one will ever pick. Slow should be baseline. i dont know any scenario where one person is going to pick that.
  • earthwarden needs to change with the trash proc talent. if you dont want to build into trash you still can pick earthwarden at least.
  • also circle should be a choice and bot mandatory for incarn.
  • also this trade after incarn/convoke should be something better. something that is worth to pick.
2 Likes

Seeing a ton of feedback from the blues for a lot of other released classes in DF, can we get some info? At least that our concerns are being heard and worked on?

Druid was the first class out the door and likely to be the testing ground for what the devs were thinking for the talent rework. Please don’t forget us as newer talent releases get refined and the process evolves.

Any feedback, either here, US forums or DF Alpha threads would be welcome.

3 Likes

yep they changed it but we dont know why lol. You cant give them feedback too in the alpha forum because no alpha access. We here all depend on the competence of alpha players and blizzard to listen :see_no_evil:

good luck druid players lol

I would really like to test out tanks gameplay myself. However from what I’ve seen from videos and streams druid looks “fine”, definitely not as bad as in the past. I think some changes to the tree would be welcome yet I think people just want to have “everything” in their toolkit. You have to pick and choose, and niches will be filled by some changes to a build. Also not to forget some talents just don’t work properly ATM.

its fine for raid but not m+ you can not pick incarn and bloodfrenzy with trash talents on the left currently. You need to spam trash on incarn to survive pulls on live servers. :slight_smile: and they really force us to pick maul talents but we never going to use that spell. its usless and deals negative damage ^^.

Ngl, layout is kinda weird but its not that bad honestly , things still might change , there just few nodes that needs swaping with each other.

From what ive seen in alpha maul actualy does dmg ,quite a lot, and with ufr talent on st( or magic dmg obviously) it isnt even that big deff loss to press maul over IF .

How would you know that Maul will be a useless spell? There is tuning to come and for sure after giving some opportunity to invest in Maul they easily could let this not be as it is now. This would make no sense to think the playstyle will be the same as it is now or was in the past. There is so much room to open new possibilities, being so fixated about what is good or bad right now and having a new x-pac without tunning done on the horizon thinking like this is ridiculous.

new alpha build and nothing changed for balance, feral and guadian. wow :clap: clap.

They renamed spells and switched 1 talent in the feral tree. :joy:

Blood frenzy still unreachable with incarn and trash spec. what can i say. we still have time. maybe they need 1 more month.

What I still miss - better use for Maul. As it stands now - again I will not be even adding it into the spellbar, because rage is just to important to be spending it on Maul, Ironfur is much more important (and it seems it will get harder to generate rage).

Maul needs rework, at least there could be:

• a talent giving it 3-4 target cleave

Or

• give it ursoc fury effect (abosrb shield), so it would be an alternative defensive option for rage (armor vs absorb shield);

As it is now, it is clearly a raid single target spell, which should be used while off-tanking (not being active target), but for that we already go to kitty anyways, so Maul is useless there.

It has it ? Afaik if they didnt change that .

Also , u can "talent " into maul and then presing maul is almost same deff value as pressing IF with dmg of it on top .

Also, from what ive seen, maul is rather hard hiting ability but that might change in tunings.

Thats true. currently even when you spam ironfur while incarn is up you get damage. Maul is only usefull as offtank and we will never use it anywhere else. usless talent points imo. super niche spell and should not be in the middle of the tree. could switch place with moon bear what we had in the first iteration.

they need to rework this spell or it is a dead talent already

on alpha logs maul did nothing compared to trash or moonfire damage wise.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.