New Interview about Tyrande and Sylvanas

Totally agreed… if Forgotten Realms could manage their stuff so much better surely wow can… i mean warcraft got the harder bits right - it’s actually not easy fleshing out so many individual races, peoples and zones, that feel like they are real peoples/races with varying themes, multiple interests - rather than just being 1-trick ponies - and feel unique enough - both visually and characteristically … that’s not easy, and rare, they ddit hat, but then can’t hold their lore together well at all, it’s sad.

1 Like

Interesting, too bad that Warcraft III was 20 years ago. Times have changed, deal with it. And you speak for none but yourself.

Ah you are one of those people, i’m not sure who else you expect me to be speaking for in this sort of situation but myself, the whole point of these discussions and statements is for people to share how they feel and if they are so inclined explain why. If you don’t like that or can’t handle it, you need to deal with it.

2 Likes

You are not speaking for yourself when you often say in your essays “Night Elf players…”, so you either avoid doing that or you aknowledge that you presume to speak for all Night Elf players, as if most of them actually cared about the story. Spoilers: Most people play that race because the women are hot.

…or because the men looks horrible and they just picked the better alternative.

3 Likes

You’re talking to troll player. If there is race more kicked than nelves - it’s trolls. We get flavor texts on how tribes get extinct after awaiting any update on them.

Troll lore can be summarized with : “How to write trolls? You don’t waste time on them - kill them all.”
They can’t have redemption story (Rastakhan)
They can’t be important figureheads that are in position of power and make big changes (Vol’Jin)
They can’t have recovery story (Drakkari/Amani/Sandfury)
Nor they have any consistent story development when you see them having gains during years and using them in combat (Darkspears).

But I’ll make later comment on what I think is the main problem here - as it’s not just troll/tauren/nelf/gnome stuff that needs dire attention. It’s overall their attitude and approach.

4 Likes

I still don’t understand why you speak about Trolls overall. We can still hope that Jaina gets killed and ofc it’s a shame that Vol’jin was killed random for Sylvanas, but what does the other tribes have to do with the playable? You support to kill them as Troll. It’s just like if I would say that Night Elves have it good and I would take Blood Elves as example or if I would say that humans are trashmobs and would take take the bloodsails pirates as example or the members of cult of the damned.

3 Likes

I am a troll fan in general. And while I am primary concerned over Darkspear lore that doesn’t mean I am sick and tired over antagonising other tribes such as Amani or Drakkari or Sandfury.

Amani only wanted to get their home back.
Drakkari only wanted to protect themselves from invasion.
And Sandfury were assaulted because they had shinies which goblin looters wanted to get.

Trolls can cooperate and Zandalari proved it’s possible.

And elves - elves have some strange mentality I don’t get and I don’t want to enter this rabbit hole. :sweat_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

WC3 - One of the most savage and bloodthirsty orcish clans led by the infamous Grom Hellscream, needed the power of the Legion, just to be able to fight the NEs on equal terms.

WoW - A few nameless Rogues and a couple of catapults utterly obliterate the entirty of NE in the span of a pre-patch.

???

1 Like

he dint need power of legion to fight regular elves, he needed it for cenarius who is a demi god.

1 Like

Oh, right. Don’t even get me started on Cenarius…

He’s been revived since the #%$@ing Cataclysm, yet he does $#%@ all. The entirety of Teldrassil bruned down, Ashenvale and Darkshore burned/burning and plagued. Where is he? In WC3, some orcs cut down some trees and he was immediatelly pissed. In WoW the NEs face extinction, he’s nowhere to be seen?

???

THe list is extensive…

Cenarius…?
the other wild gods?
The Well of Eternity??
Shaladrassil???
The emerald dream??
The returned Moonguard??
The Farondis highborne?
The Cathedral of Eternal night? ??
The emerald dream worgen?
Undead Lord Ravencrest and now dupe free Black rook hold fanatical about saving Kalimdor?

Seriously, they’re really not trying. At least hte moonwells did something with the night warrior stuff.

Where was Malorne and Goldrin… All that Elegy and Good War was a piece of :poop:
Blizard just use Night Elves as punching bags to push the story that nobody like…

Hope that people that pay for it understand and will remove those useless people away.

1 Like

Did you miss that part when he was corrupted by Xavius and we had to kill him?

2 Likes

well he was fought and defeated during emreald nightmare so moght his physical body isnt ready/recovered yet.

Cenarius says hello at the central Val’sharah flight point. He doesn’t do much admittedly.

1 Like

It’s probably a retcon that he doesn’t help or he fears to get killed again. One way or another, he isn’t a big help anyway.

It’s not a retcon if there’s nothing to retroactively change - he’s just not involved in the first place. I think he’s just overlooked/written absent tbh. He -has- to be unavailable, or his presence during the WoT would be a repeat of the original Hellscream Ashenvale offensive except that there’s no demonic orcs around.

You don’t need demonic Orcs to kill him if you have an army. But yeah, many things were avoided, but even then you can probably find some reasons why it happened.