New interview with Steve Danuser

https://www.windowscentral.com/world-warcraft-interview-building-story-shadowlands

So as I understood from that:

1. Sylvanas is not evil. Its just her way to save us from the circle of hate.
  2. Tyrande will be killed by us, because she does not like Horde.
  3. Night Elves will not going to restore their cities or lands, because Blizzard do not want to change old locations…
1 Like

…not even an attempt to reproduce the interview’s content in a thread about it, straight to the stuff that Night Elf fans read between any line, eh? Fun.

8 Likes

a interview with sylvanas’s biggest fanboi you mean nothing will happen to his precious waifu

2 Likes

He also confirmed that the undead Night Elves are going to stay in the Horde (on twitter).

Wonder if they will finally kill off Tyrande by making her lose against a goblin miner

1 Like

Well that is not really confirmed. He told that they will never return into Alliance, and will stay with Calia. But Calia maybe will not going to join the Horde.
I hope that she will create some neutral faction…

As for Tyrande, its clear for 100%, she will be killed, just because she is one of the last things that Night Elves fans have left. Blizzard plan is to destroy all the things Night Elves love.

They never said she is not evil? Surprisingly Danuser has been s!itting on Sylvanas for the entire interview, saying that she is no better than Garrosh, that she is a traitor to the Horde, that she started the war, etc.

Which is all true, but you’d think a Sylvanas fanboy would try to deny that. What is going on with Danuser…

Its almost as if all those baseless claims about him being his fanboy were actually wrong…

Regarding the thread itself, i think its already being discussed elsewhere.
Also, if you are going to focus on a Night elf perspective, maybe you should check on the title in order to not mislead readers.

But, if i were to leave my two cents about Night elves in particular, the interview does say that they’ll expand on the aftermath of Teldrassil.
And even if their take is based around Tyrandes point of view almost exclusively (a mistake in my opinion), that is indeed something. Plenty other races aren’t getting even that.

2 Likes

And reported. Learn your manners mate.

4 Likes

He spoiled the end actually. He told that Anduin left Alliance without a control. He told that Alliance has wounds after BfA inside. He told that Tyrande will not forgive the Horde. He told that we will see results of Teldrassil.

Sum all together, and we will get a clear result = Tyrande will try to use some artifact to destroy the Horde, and will rebel against Alliance. Anduin will show that he is Warchief of the Alliance and will kill her, together with players.

Sometimes its better not to get any lore like dwarfs, than to lose almost everything in one pre-patch event, being humiliated later more and more.

I’ll just add that you are reading to much into it. But to each their own.

Depends what happens in Ardenweald, it could go either way. Regardless they’ve been saying some cryptic stuff about the Alliance for years now, at this rate we’ll get an actual conflict by the time 12.0 drops.

And reported. Learn your manners mate.

Ouch :grimacing:

He did not.

And that’s not what he said either. He said:
“The kaldorei dark rangers that Lilian brought to Calia were not returning to the Alliance. They came to her because they needed guidance.”

Were. Past tense. They were not returning to the Alliance when Lilian brought them to Calia, which is not the same as they will never return to the Alliance.

Indeed she won’t, as Ion confirmed in another interview: "Calia is very sympathetic towards the situation and condition of the Forsaken, but she will not join the Horde because of this."

Moreover, the undead Night Elves are not only with Calia now, they are with Calia and Derek Proudmoore. Even if Calia would consider to join the Horde in order to be with her former people ( and we know she won’t ), there is no way in hell Derek would.

This, most likely. I could imagine Calia and Derek running some sort of sanitarium for depressed dead Elves to help them cope with their condition, perhaps with Faol’s help.

1 Like

Sounds like a subject for sketch for Monthy Python or something.

2 Likes

A separate thread addressing these particular issues focused on the Night Elven narrative might have been more appropriate than having the entirety of the interview thread dedicated solely for these gripes.

On the topic, I have nothing to say that hasn’t been said been said a million times over, other than I am incredibly pleased to read Calia won’t be joining the Horde, therefore unlikely becoming the new Forsaken leader.

I am very much still holding on hope for a new Desolate Council composed of the major groups within the Forsaken that could give the chance for characters such as Faranell and Gunther Arcanus to finally leap down from their dusty shelves and get some long overdue spotlight.

1 Like

Not really you can be a drooling fan and still deliver the main narrative that one character is actually terrible in-universe. There are plenty of Arthas fans who are all ":heart_eyes: " and still have no problems admitting that he did lots of bad things. People can love villains, like Darth Vader, Scar, etc.

I agree that there should be more done, and tbh I quite liked that they said that they will focus on the consequences of such act for many years from now on, it would actually feel natural and organic and imo it’s something to look forward to.

But as you said plenty of other races are under big question mark.

Hence why I hope the incoming novel will flesh out Darkspear situation too as I personally believe that recent events should’ve affected them in regard to their loyalty to the Horde. ( I still can’t believe they’re actually giving them spotlight I really, really hope the book will turn out to be decent).

Sounds good to me.

That’s your fanfic, but I honestly think we should make predictions after he cameo in Next expansion.

Together with the fact that we know her story will play in Ardenweald, to a good portion at least… I don’t think I get the same impression. My money is on a Tyrande redemption arc in Ardenweald, where she will learn to move beyond vengeance. Kinda mirroring Jaina’s arc from BfA, just with more nature god stuff. They already made her highlight Sylvanas and Elune’s “betrayal”, both themes that sound much more like Shadowland themes to me than sticking it to the Horde. She might even get the Sylvanas kill, but I’d bet the main part of her story is about uncovering the nature of Elune and her dark side, and reacting to that cosmic revelation.

Note that that’s my expectation, not my preference.

3 Likes

The connotations were about him being a fanboy prone to favouring/sheltering Sylvanas and Nathanos.
And that’s obviously not true given the information so far.

Being realistic, and with the information given so far, it seems it’ll have more to do with Alleria and Turalyon facing Sylvanas, and Talanji getting over her grudge against the Alliance regardless if they killed her father.

The only remotedly related Darkspear lore we’ll have, is Zekhan’s character. Which again, will just act as catalyst for the aforementioned “realisation” on Talanjis part.

Could be wrong, and i hope i am. But doesn’t seem likely given the information so far and the writers involved in said novel.

I mean, redemption arc? What does she have to “redeem” from, anger at her murderous enemies?

The fact she has placed her sights on the hunt for Sylvanas and will be travelling to chase her into the Shadowlands instead of taking any action on the Horde is a colossal display of restraint for someone who is labeled as “consumed by vengeance”.

This is not the depiction of a woman devoured by her thirst for vengeance, by any definition. Shandris and Anduin implying or outright stating that she is will continue to leave me completely dumbfounded.

An irrational person driven by revenge alone would have lashed out against the Horde, instead she keeps herself concentrated on Sylvanas.

Why does this consistently earn her only admonition from the Alliance’s characters leaves me utterly confused. It’s like the writers want her to be “consumed by vengeance” for not signing an armistice, but telling is not showing and what they’re showing us is different from what they’re telling.

Noted, I understand these are only your predictions Wimbert. This is just me dropping neurons the stupider Blizzard gets at forcing a schism in the Alliance and pushing Tyrande off the deep end.

2 Likes

Yes. Just like Jaina.

Sure. They do a pee-poor job of showing it. But I feel that what they tell us is a better indicator of what they are going for than what they show us.

Totally with you there. Especially since having a believable shism would be extremely easy, if they didn’t insist on everyone accepting Anduin as the perfect human being and had someone question his authority at all. But whatever, the story as a train wreck has some entertainment value of its own. And building a good story on thoroughly demolished elements like the faction conflict is hard to imagine anyways…

2 Likes

I don’t see really how can one exclude another, in the end both Sylvanas and Nathanos not only are safe but had cringy dialogue as well where Nathanos expresses his love to her. He can be drooling fanboy while still having in mind that Sylvanas and the likes are the edgy dark and villanous and not having problem with admitting that.

I don’t think Talanji will get over her grudge with Alliance at least any time soon. The only thing that is planned and confirmed by now is that she will have to learn to trust Horde again as - thankfully- their antics with working with Alliance did impact their relationship. So Talanji was spared from being idiotbatted, and another thing we will have is her trying to protect Bwonsamdi, - which would also mean that she would have to get over her resentment toward him, at least to some degree. So, for now, we have 2 things she will have to change her mind over, adding Alliance to it would be way too much and it was not hinted at all.

I think he will get his own character arc, while I’d prefer for Rokhan to continue building his relationship with her and getting bigger insight on how recent changes affected the tribe and what is their current stance on the matters Zekhan is also a second good choice as he needs to step up as a champion on his own, I quite like the Orgrimmar vision where he is there to protect his tribesmen. It was nice first step to remind people that he is a Darkspear after all.

None of what was shown in excerpts made me worried, quite the contrary. I was very grateful for what I saw in Horde one. With Alliance, there were two eeky things but I can get over it, depending on if it will get a grand impact or it’s just temporary description in the book that won’t get bigger screentime later.