New main even realistic?

Just the stygia, soulash and anima farm makes me want to puke. Timegated a month just with legendary.

The anima and stygia you can work around.

But yeah… you’ll be gated by Soul Ash and gear from the weekly vault… unless you pvp.

It is actually quite easy to make a new main if you play with friends… but its a bit of a chore.

If you play alone gearing takes a bit to long if you dont have gold.

Since Soulbinds and conduits are not that important its not that bad if you need a bit longer. The legendary just needs some quest of bolvar + 2 8layer Torgast-runs. So basically in the first week you ahve your legendary. (effect more important than stats)

1 Like

ye its stupid, the soul ash cap should be stacked every week.
stygia rewards in torghast from the endboss.

It is. Takes 2 or 3 weeks or sth to get max legendary but other than that there’s nothing gated and you can get alon with 190 leggo until you can max it.

Of course it’s realistic! You have until 9.1, likely to be summer.

besides the soul ash ive never done any of the other things you mentioned and I’m doing just fine with several characters :slight_smile:

It’s not that bad, you can get rank 1 leggo in ur first week thanks to layer 8 runs and the bolvar quests. 90% of leggo power is effect, not ilevel, so it’s enoguh until you’re at the stage where you’re just optimising gear.

Stygia, bit of a pain but what can you do? Same story, optimisation, not requirement. ANyone who thinks they need that 60 or so secondary plus 1-2% more on their conduit numbers to “play a spec” is wrong.

I have changed mains 3 times since sl start. I find within a week of ding 60 I am “up and running” and then it’s back to gearing up and optimising.

I somewhat disagree with your point on this specifically.

Although they might not be as important as legendaries and general gear, they are still pretty important.

I main Enhancement Shaman and recently I swapped covenants from Venthyr to Maldraxxus. I know it is not ideal, but Venthyr was boring me to death and I really love Maldraxxus. I chose fun over performance.
Just by switching to a sub-optimal covenant I noticed a huge drop off on my consistent damage.

It should not be the case, but it seems that even the souldbinds themselves (not even counting conduits) determine a lot of your damage.

Why would you care about stygia and anima? Stygia is only relevant at max reputation for sockets (which you will only be getting for BiS gear anyway). Torghast stygia upgrades are account-wide. Anima literally doesn’t matter unless you want catchup gear or cosmetics.

You only need a single week of Torghast to make a lego now, which will give you most of your DPS gain anyway.

From 0 to 30 - 34 renown takes about 1 - 2 weeks depending on how much you play, but, depending on the class, getting maxxed soulbinds may only be a few % DPS gain.

If anything, getting the right legendaries and conduits (at a decent) ilvl might take longer than anything else.

So in the end it’s something like 1 - 2 hours of Torghast per week, some WQs and just playing the game normally vs. the endless Azerite and Corruption grind of BFA to make an alt usable.

Edit: oh yeah, unskippable story quests are annoying though, especially if you have already done them before. Easily the worst part of catchup.

It’s realistic, but Maw. At some point will be required to have sockets.
I just can’t farm rep in Maw anymore, I will puke.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.