New Necrotic Affixs - Phys dmg

Im a bit New to tanking M+ on my DK.

Is kiting the only way to drop the New necrotic affix?

What about Shadowmeld? Does that drop the stacks (out of combat), but also drops agro? What happens to agro when i come back out of Shadowmeld?

You can drop Necrotic by “not getting hit” or being out of combat.

How you accomplish “not getting hit” is the key - there are many ways to do so.

The usual way is kiting, yes. I would strongly advise using your Grip of the Dead Talent (T5, left) - the 90% slow (decaying) is a very strong tool.

If you had some kind of parry-luck and the mobs (or especially boss) didnt manage to hit you for a while, your remaining Necrotic will fall below 5 seconds at some point - use your Anti-Magic Shell, since it gives you immunity to magic and no new stacks can be applied while it is active. Combine it with you DnD-slow and you should be good to go.

Remember that you can also use your Death’s Advance to run faster, Asphyxiate to stun specific mobs, Dancing Rune Weapon to increase the parry change (and then use AMS) or Massgrip them onto another player (little bit tricky if youre unexperienced).

Keep in mind that your group also brings helpful utility. Druid Treants or Shaman Earth Elemental are very helpful. Also slows and stuns from various classes.

Taifun and Vortex from Druids, Mass Entanglement, Binding Shot etc. etc.

You can also use some kind of speed enhancing potions, if you feel fancy (I prefer using Skystep Potions). Although keep in mind, that using the potions keeps you using dps-pots - so there is a trade-off.

There are a lot of different ways to get rif of the necrotic stacks. Try to find a way that suits you and your group composition and make sure to utilize the capability of the classes/specs you are running with.

Shadowmeld works well on trash. Something’s telling me it doesn’t work well on bosses but I can’t remember why (I think you don’t get out of combat). I benched my night elf DK a while ago and now play neither night elf nor DK.

What should happen when you meld on trash is effectively that you lose your stacks and nothing else. Meld is sensitive and if you take damage the same second it breaks so mobs don’t even have time to hit anyone else.

If you’re not in the thick of things when you meld you might actually hide when you meld, in which case you should immediately cancel it by moving. You keep your aggro but mobs probably wont switch back to you until you remind them that they hate you, which any kind of damage should do.

So in short, if you’re surrounded by mobs, meld will instabreak and nothing happens to your aggro. If you’re kiting, make sure to break meld manually and ideally have D&D down before you meld. In both cases, meld should drop your stacks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.