New Player choosing a server, questions

Hello, I’m considering roleplaying, would Argent Dawn be a bad choice given the popularity of the server? I mean how often will I expect to face queues?

1 Like

There is no ques in AD. You get straight in with waiting in line.

2 Likes

Didn’t expect an answer so soon, thank you.

There’s queues on Argent Dawn? I am still yet to see one.

1 Like

i’ve had a 3 person queue once if that counts? xD You will never need to worry, and imo the is THE server to do/learn WoW RP.

1 Like

Thank you, It is a bit intimidating to be honest, not wanting to screw up and drive people away and all that.

They sometimes appear during expansion launches. Otherwise, not really.

1 Like

Don’t think I had them for Legion or BfA that I can remember though, think WoD was the last expansion launch queue.

1 Like

True. More recent expansions have had much smoother releases.

(Or maybe just lower sub counts? 8D)

2 Likes

If you tell people ooc you are new and willing to learn, there will be plenty of people who happily guide you along. Good luck!

2 Likes

yea. make a forsaken, join the rotgarde. we’ll happily help u out

(no queues)

6 Likes

I’ve only been in a queue a very small amount of times and at most it’s been a few seconds till I get in.
Just inform folks you’re new to roleplay, most should help you out. If you join the true, cool faction. The Horde, give me a poke in game. I’ll help you out if I can.

1 Like

Never worry about “screwing up” - That’s how RP is learned and developed for the better. People on AD are, overall, pretty helpful and close-knit. I will always /w people with advise if they ask/want it, and make sure I am patient with profiles marked as new to RP/server.

I’d always say never be afraid of being a fool, we all have off days or new character concepts that take a nose-dive, it happens. My first time RPing a GM for an RP guild was kind enough to do some “practice RP” with a DH character I made during WoD and he was very kind in giving me some good do’s and don’ts/lore tips.

You will love this server for the community, and the random RP encounters is one of the main reason i’ve stayed on AD for so long. I would make sure you get your addons in good order, mainly TRP3 or other RP addons you prefer, as this will allow you to better display your character with full names/finding RP easier to identify. RP guilds are also a great way to get stuck in, but I would suggest getting your character concept at least a little fleshed out before looking to do guild RP, again this is not a hard and fast rule, many guilds are very happy for newbies to the scene :smiley:

1 Like

I had a four person queue a couple of nights ago, I was shocked. I believe Telaryn had one recently too. They’re rare though, so I’d not worry. But if one does catch you, make a pot noodle or similar :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.