New Player Raid Spec?

Hey guys, my wife would like to start playing wow with me after watching me raid last night. She is brand new to the game so id like her to be avle to pick a class that she can enjoy but it needs to be a spec that had little to maintain with a simple rotation so she can just focus on the boss mechanics and stuff.

Its a daunting prospect being a new plqyer in a game as vast as wow and while i know alot of players find all classes easy now try to put yourself in the position of someone who has never gamed before and doesnt know the very basics!

With all that said i think BM Hunter is probz the best choice for her but incase she doesnt like the class fantasy can you guy recommend other easy to play spec please. I think ranged classes are probz easier as there are less mechanics to look out for

Thanks guys

3 Likes

BM hunter is by far the best choice, simple and easy rotation and the ability to move whilst casting pretty much everything. So don’t have to worry about standing still to cast

1 Like

Yea i totally agree tbh any other suggestions of things along a simillar level of ease? Incase she doesnt feel the hunter. My idea is to let her pick her 3 favs by look n the influence her toward the easiest of those 3.

I would suggest BM hunter as well but you got it covered already. Alternatives for 1st time player
Hmm one thing I could say is something you are familiar with so you can show her the ropes. My gf picked lock waaaay back in the end of TBC and been loving it ever since.

Thanks for the reply. Yea very true destro would be a pretty straight forward choice. Affi has a bit more to it so i will add destro and bm to the suggestions list cheers guys!

1 Like

when i first started, a friend of mine suggested/wanted me to play hunter because its apparently idiot-proof. i played it for a while but didnt like it and fell in love with (resto) druid instead.

imo, give her time, let her try some classes/specs and let her get to know the game before you throw her into raids and whatnot. just see what comes naturally to her.

but you wanted a suggestion so i d just throw balance druid out there. the rotation is easy enough and you dont have “too many buttons to press”.

Try tanking, fairly chill outside of the expectation that you should lead.

The answer is always the same: whatever spec she enjoys playing.

Easy to play specs:

BM hunter.
Havoc DH
Retribution paladin
Fury warrior

Might be more but these are the ones that come to mind when it comes to new player friendly specs

1 Like

Thanks for all the replys guys i appreciate all your inputs. Tanking i dont think will fit her playstyle well she wont be playing alot so wont learn all that much. Healing is also a bit more complex so resto isnt for her but i will defo take a look at balance!

I will also look at the melee classes you have suggested but myguess is she will choose ranged class. Cheers again for the advice here.

Have to agree with possibly balance, easy enough DPD rotation with good skill curve learning how to use utility etc.

But as other people have said, I would say it should be more about what she finds fun/likes the design of than easiest.

1 Like

Boomkin is very easy, but it takes some getting used to.

Fury warrior and havoc dh are easy as well, but being a melee requires you to deal with boss positioning and different mechanics.

All the hunter specs are easy too, survival is a little tricky and has a huge stigma against it tho.

Frost dk is somewhat easy too, but requires you to react fast to procs and you need fast fingers during your damage windows

1 Like

My first characters were Hunter, Lock and Druid.

It all depends how much previous game experience she has.

2 Likes

Yea i hear ya thanks once again all for advice! As i say im just going to let her pick a few then suggest the easiest of her choices haha. Shes has 0 experiance

1 Like

Definitively boomkin, its easy to get into but id highly suggest you get her a weakaura that tells her more or less everything she needs to know (how many wrath/Starfire before she will proc next eclipse, which eclipse is currently active etc). One of the easiest specs I’ve gotten to learn so far.

I’d stay away from elemental and fire mage as elemental with active talents she might become very overwhelmed and while fire is also a spec that doesn’t require much brain power, it does make the need of somewhat more thinking.

If she likes the concept of a mage id suggest frost is really fun. It’s “press what shines” and has easy to use CDs.

Mage/druid main here o/

I double frost mage - its the one of the simplest specs to use currently
If she likes concept of DK i would also recommend FDK - it has basically 3-button rotation and easy to use bursts which don’t require any complex planning.
Also, my personal advice - if she’s not entirely against concept of healing, a Holy Priest is very simple to learn - it has no rotation to memorize and requires only knowing what your spells do so you could react to situation appropriately which is quite simple considering the spells are pretty straightforward. Just get a healbot addon running for additional simplicity, it’s not hard to configure at all. Oh, there’s also some mana-management, but solving mana problems as Hpriest is easier than as most healers maaaaybe except for hpala and rdru.
It’s one of those “easy-to-use-hard-to-master” specs and it’s easiest to learn among the healers.She’ll probably get into it quite fast.

If she has 0 experience then you should start guiding her from how to keybinds and camera movement, without it any easy class may be challenging.

Also class trail help to pick class - try multiple specs.

Literally any spec. Blizzard consciously designed specs to be simple in order to lower the gap between “good player” and “bad player”. The challenges come to applying your classes profiles to the encounter mechanics to maximise output, not to perform an intentionally easy rotation, and there’s not a single spec in the game that is exempt from that.

BM or frost mage for sure.

Frost mage is literally spam frost bolt and hit the glowy button, if its flurry follow up with 2 lances.

Mistweaver monk. :wink: