New spec for rogue (gunslinger)

Updated.

Description

This class is heavily inspired by Cowboys/gunslingers.

They will fight from mid distance ranging around 5-30 yards. Whilst most rangers has the upperhand to fight from 40 yards.

Gunslingers will use one pistol or crowbow in each hand.

They will have 6 combo points, representing the typical six cartidges in a revolver.

The only problem i can see with this class is that there are no one handed range weapons, so they will need to add that when this spec is released.

Spells
…

Side step : Glide 5 yards in the direction you are moving, whilst gaining 100% dodge for the duration. 15 sec cooldown.

Hellfire: Finish all your combo points and unleash hell, and shoot in a line that damages the first enemy, for twelve shots and enemies behind for less damage, dealing x damage, crits deal 3x damage.
1.5 Minutes cooldown

Grenade throw: Throw a grenade at the enemy dealing x damage 2 seconds later and stuns the enemy 1,5 seconds.

Gunspray: Upon casting, increases your haste by 30% Whilst continuously dealing damage to the enemy for 4 seconds, regernating 3 combo points. Crits deal 1.5 more damage. 1 minute cooldown.

Proximity Mine: Plant an explosive that causes x damage to enemies and knock them back and slows them by 60% for 4 seconds. Proximity Mines last up to 60 seconds.

Invisible to the enemy.

Using it again to make the Proximity Mine detonate.

50 sec cooldown

Spider bomb: Throw a spider bomb at the enemy that deals x damage and causes them to bleed, these spiders jump upon nearby enemies. 30 sec cooldown

Bola toss Throw a bola on the opponents leg and root them in place for 3 seconds (players) 60sec (npc) 45 sec cooldown.

Death mark: Mark the enemy and they will take critical damage from the gunslinger for 5 seconds, resets upon death. 1 minute cooldown.

Peacekeeper: Shoot with a shotgun at 0-10 yards and knocks the enemy back dealing x damage. Crits deal 2x damage. 30 sec cooldown

Quickfire: Activate this ability to increase your haste by 20% at the cost of lower accuracy

Press this spell again to deactivate.

Frost bullets: Attacks reduce the movementspeed of enemies 15% for 3 sec
Corrosive Bullets: Ignore 10% of the armor rating.
Cursed bullets: add 10% leech to your attacks.
You can change the bullets depending on which scenario works best for you at the moment.

Equililibrium: Fire a stream of bullets around you whilst you spin dealing x damage can be used whilst moving, your movement speed cant be reduced beyond 50%.

50 sec cooldown.

Tonic: Consumable that fills your combo bar: 1.5 min cooldown.

Talents:
…

Evasive dive: Side step now also removes immobilized effects
Balls of steel: Reduce health by 15% whilst increasing damage by additonal 10%
and leech 5%
Tipsy: Reduce tonic cooldown by 30%

Pvp talents
…
Duel: Start a duel with the opponent, as the duel starts, if the opponent is within range the player shoots 6 shots at the opponent filling the combo bar.

Passives
…

Mount friend :15% Faster mount speed.

1 Like

but first, let´s focus on unique/original races like Ogres, cat race saberon and Etc.

and then Vrykul needs to be an allied race

Yeah, but this is a class spec not a race.

1 Like

so then, new races and new specs are able to get added at the same time?

1 Like

Mist of pandaria added monks and pandas and dragonflight is adding dracthyr and evoker so yeah!

1 Like

so i can agree with you

1 Like

Feel like you’re forgetting the rogue part of this spec, considering it has no interactions with stealth. How do reverse-combo points (ammo) interact with stable rogue talents like Marked for Death, Deeper Strat etc.?
Seems like a bunch of abilities are reinventions of already existing hunter abilities, i.e prox mine = explosive trap, spider trap = snake trap, bola = tracker’s net and different ammo types.

Kinda feels like its own thing rather than an extension of the rogue class

I was choosing between a hunter and a rogue, but gunslinger sounds better in my ears for a rogue, rogues allready have a outlaw spec, which is not far off from gunslinger, plus wearing leather is aesthetically more pleasing when playing as a “cowboy” and not wearing heavy mail. Similiar to outlaw, Imagine that this spec wont use stealth as frequently and efficent as subtlety, or assassination.

Similiar to outlaw, they will fight the enemy in the open toe to toe.

But the difference is that outlaw actually does have stealth interactions and have the general rogue kit intertwined into their kit (Blind, Kidney Shot, Evasion, Marked for Death, Evis/Evenom/Dispatch etc. etc.). This spec doesn’t seem to interact with any of those abilities or that identity, making it more its own thing than a rogue.

1 Like

I get what you mean, but making gunslinger as new class, what whould the 3 specs be, if gunslinger were to be implemented?

I can imagine 3

One is the classic cowboy from the Western era.

the second is like Lord Godfrey, in Shadowfang Keep, having more cursed abilities.

and the third may be simliar to Demon hunter in the diablo franchise.

If Gunslinger were to stay as a rogue spec, I imagine some of the rogue spec might still be there, like blind, feint, but yea a handfull or more of the abilities whould be left out or replaced.

1 Like

I really like this and it would finally get me to roll a rogue.

1 Like

Excuse me, I do identify as ethnically gunslinger

yes please add more gun/bow using specs, or whats the point of having just a hunter with a bow? DUMB!

1 Like

Yea, this is just one of many classes outside hunter that could be viable to carry (crossbow) or guns.

Ahahahahah. I can’t wait to see the FR translation of that one. XD

Well frankly this sounds more like a ripoff from another game and it’s so far out of WoW’s universe, try to bring it more closer, then it might actually fit as a class to the game.

That spec isnt inspired by gunslingers until they revamped combat spec.

What did you have in mind that this does not appear well intro wow theme? I personally think i made the spells how they are contructed in wow.

You have to write a story which backups how class emerged, it’s not so simple mate.