New to classic a few Q's

First of forum hasn’t uploaded my C-Char yet.

I’m rolling on Pyrewood for now. - First classic impression in comparission to retail wow… it actually starts to make sense!-Still currently testing it though.

Any tips for a bloody newbie for add ons and Proffs such.
My first char is a druid for now since i didn’t know what i want to be DPS/H/T.
Since classic plays way differently I heard.

If you’re a druid I would warn you that if you intend to raid end-game getting a DPS spot might be tough, as would getting a tanking spot.
Some specs are not all that amazing in Classic WoW unfortunately and druids with their ability to tank, melee DPS, ranged DPS and heal are hit fairly hard by this.

Having said that, it is not impossible though expect having to put in a bit more work than your peers to be able to rival their DPS outputs.
But if you do the work feral DPS can be quite good even and feral tanks are arguably better or at least as good as warrior tanks on some bosses due to their high armor value.

1 Like

The one addon I can not imagine playing wihout now is Questie, as the Classic quest system is truly barebones. Enemy cast bars, aura durations, OmniCC and a threat meter of your choice will also make your life a lot easier. UI addons are a metter of taste, I use simple Shadowed unit frames. Also get a cast bar/swing timer like Quartz and chat enhancement like Prat is also helpful.
As for professions, druids make amazing herbalists and alchemists, which will both let you have some nice potions and elixirs while levelling, and also make a nice profit at max level.

1 Like

Do it the old fashioned way and use Thottbo-, wait, I mean wowhead!
And, you know - read the quests. You don’t need it for all of them.

That moment when you loot your first bag. precious.

Yea I thought i might use my druid for herb and alchemy for making some money.
I’m gonna test the other classes too though.
All my characters for now are Nelfs.

3 Likes

I played in Vanilla, first with reading quests and asking random people in /s and /w, missing loads of stuff and literally abandoning quests whose target I coould not find.
Then later I played while tabbing to thottbot and reading through tons of innane and outright wrong comments.
But why would anyone inflict such an experience on themselves? Same with Classic without Questie.
It would be like playing Might and Magic 6 and 7 without mouse look, or Freespace 2 without FS2 SCP, or HoMM3 without resolution mod etc. Why go through the pain if objectively better way exists.

1 Like

Because too much convenience leads you down a rabbit hole going all the way to refail, and it’s fun to solve puzzles. Which, objectively speaking, some are better than others at.

Sure, everyone can suit themselves. OP asked for addons to use, I told him which one I consider the single most essential for good Classic experience.

It isn’t for immersion though. Reading the quests and figuring them out, with minimal assistance like Thottbo-, wait I mean, wowhead - is better for the immersive process.

An example more close to home for you would probably be the difference between the emotional engagement figuring a boss’s mechanisms out without any assistance to experience true “progress”, compared to the minmaxing with full preparations of tactics etc. of today, where you either speedrun to belong to the “elite” or gtfo.

1 Like

In classic i have to do special class quests at certain levels or?
-If yes which levels are they so i don’t forget about them?

Feral tanks are just fine, they’re bis on some bosses ecen.

Bear form 10, Aquatic form 16, Cat form 20 iirc, but I haven’t levelled a druid since TBC so /shrug.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

It’s saturday, forgive my still drunken brain oh sempai.

If there wasn’t questie, everyone would just load up wowhead and find out that way, not much difference :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The difference is you only look stuff up after you didn’t find it on your own. At least, that’s how I play. Gives it a little more RPG feeling and better immersion. So, if u like that, don’t use questie. I don’t like being told exactly where to find the thing I am supposed to search for, like some kids game. It’s like Dora the explorer asking “can you see the mountain” and there’s a giant red arrow pointing to it before even looking :smiley: (actually Dora is better because it doesn’t show up instantly.)

I’ve always used thottbot / wowhead etc, I can’t be bothered spending 20 minutes just to find where I’m going.
If others like that, then so be it.
I find it boring to spend 20 minutes trying to find out where I’m going :man_shrugging:

That’s an exaggeration. Usually it’s enough to read the quest text and maybe look at the map. Takes less than a minute. Still can’t figure it out? Check Wowhead.

:man_shrugging:I can just use questie instead.

Much better experience overall.

We just have different opinions about that then.