New warchief AGAIN? What about third faction?

The time of the War Chiefs is over. It is time to pursue a purpose greater than survival. The future of the Horde and the Alliance has been, is and will be guided by the whispers of the Master of the Depths until reaching Eternal Peace. For this reason it does not matter who the visible head is because everyone follows Master’s plan :octopus:

2 Likes

Honor Redeemed™? We shall have a 4 minute cinematic where Saurfang verbally beats down the other leaders of the Horde for standing by for so long?

1 Like

Hail N’zoth! :squid::sweat_drops:.

1 Like

I would personally prefer it if they just discarded the Whole Warchief system. Giving one person unlimited control over the military is a horrible idea. Giving that person complete control over the government as well is an abysmal idea.

Dictatorship, more than any other form of government, requires the governing entities to be acting in good faith. As shown in the cases of Thrall and Vol’jin, the system will at its best, work moderatly, and as shown in the case of Garrosh and Sylvanas, work horribly if the Warchief acts without the best interests of the Horde.

The system itself is just the last remnant of Gul’dan’s Horde, that the modern Horde still clings to, even though there really is not much point to it.

5 Likes

basic campfire for warchief.

at least that one won’t make a move and all we need is a figurehead to claim all is well in the horde.

5 Likes

Give me Andu- I mean Mayla and I’ll do it. There will be peace in the Horde as I shall do exactly nothing. Can’t do anything wrong if you do nothing!

I hate the fact that again we have changing leadership. In the same breath however I can’t stand Slyvanas anymore.

I am so tired of having unhinged people getting the spotlight when they get to be Warchief.

I want a leader like Verian. He was flawed but balanced. He could make mistakes and learn from them without being a villain. The man threatened an unarmed mother in her nightdress for goodness sake!

Give us a leader like him. He’s not a opposition sympathiser but he’s not a monster either.

2 Likes

if sylvannas raid happens, i think will be starting at zandalar (pandaria) and then going to stormwind(ogrimar)and M only phase is ogrimar(stormwind) while we got to eye chamber where we put xalatah and the relics before n’zoth

and like who?

and this is where we hide the monstrous size of perished horde figures.

They killed the only one I can think of.

Never gonna forgive them for killing Vol’jin. :sob:

2 Likes
  1. 3rd faction will never happen, too much work for too litte reward. Not to mention how it would fracture the shrinking playerbase.
  2. Like it or not, the leadership will change. Even if by some miracle Sylvanas would still lead the Horde at the end of the addon, it would be with some brainwashing that essentially would make her a different character.
  3. A council doesn’t work with the character-driven drama they are trying to do. You have to take multible characters and their backgrounds into account, and have to have them talk about it, before a decision can be made. It won’t happen and if it will, they will just focus on one of the characters anyway. They did it to the Alliance, they did it to Dalaran, they kind of did it to the dwarves, it surely wouldn’t work any better for the Horde.
  4. I thought they were going for some kind of generational change. Showing that both camps, “ruthless, brutal pragmatism” and “honor and glory” were outdated and kind of wrong. But they didn’t really build up any younger characters or ideologies except for Baine, so I guess the compromise between those camps… would be a shift from war altogether? Doesn’t sound like a fitting idea, but it’s Blizzard…
    On the other hand, they showed Saurfang much more uniformally positively and Sylvanas much less understandable than I would have thought, so they might just go full camp honor and choose a Saurfang or a Thrall.
  5. I haven’t fully given up on the idea of reviving Vol’jin
  6. I’m still hoping for an end to the factions, at least functionally… don’t think it will happen though.
  7. Whatever happens… sorry, Horde, it will suck for you guys… And the Night Elves, who still want their revenge. And people who wanted to see much of an Alliance story at all. And people who expected good writing and can’t enjoy laughing about bad writing. And probably a few groups more.
3 Likes

Warchief should be NO ONE but Baron Morsteth.

Based.

Another thread about the same thing yet again. This forum’s really gone down the pan.

Typos

My guess its that Sylvana gona leave the horde and become a npc for other expanions packs later on and Calia Menethil take over as leader of the forsaken and then undeads gona be abel to have paladins " Calia its lightforged undead touch by the Narus light" and they rebuild City of Lordaeron . Bane take over as leader of the hordes or Lor’themar but think more Bane will be the leader. but question its what gona happen in the alliance the Devs said they gona have struggel with leadership or somting in 8.2?

2 Likes

Calia Menetil is going to be the leader of the Alliance Allied race undead, that’s where I’d put my money. She’s an Alliance character, she’s not going to lead a Horde faction. The novel BtS was a setup for a splinter group within the forsaken: those who no longer wish to follow Sylvanas.

That’s likely, but only for the Allied Race.

Baine is most likely the leader, and I’m thinking Thrall/Gael will be the new Orc leader. The Alliance? I think nothing may change much. Alliance has been bereft of a good internal story for several expansions now.

1 Like

I hope neither happens. And calia shouldnt be thing in first place. Holy infused undead is one of worst lore decissions ever

2 Likes

Sure, we still have no idea which sub races will get the Worgen and Forsaken.

2 Likes

But do we need them? I’d rather for devs to focus on current races that we have. Even before AR became a thing blizzard was seriously struggling to write for default races.

3 Likes

Allied races was a mistake.

Hottest take of the month.

4 Likes