New World had 1 mil players on first day - this is big

It’s also a game with pretty much no endgame pve. People aren’t going to stick around for too long.

1 Like

SWtOR started with around 2 million but that didn’t become the WoW killer we thought it might.
Came close, though.
Who knows how New World will end up in 1-2 years time.

1 Like

Back then WoW devs were still trying however.

1 Like

New world was expected to be big, its pvp focus and wow still big on pve. Lots of players love wow because of pve, mainly raiding.

1 Like

NW world pvp is so fun way better then wow

Because then the OP wouldn’t feel special!!

3 Likes

that wasnt much in comparison because MoP had around 12million player

swtor and wildstar had to loose their subscription system after 6months

i guess mobile games took over nowadays because 1million is much for a mmorpg now

1 Like

Much simpler, I wanted to post in that existing thread but could not find it. So created a new one.

Pays to read the thread, you know.

the absolute peak of MoP was 10 million. Blizzard still officially released sub numbers back then

Oh I did, point stands, you just wanted to be special, why would you think this thread is pertinent? What did you want to gain from it?

2 Likes

I see but I believe the comparison to NW is still weak

??? Nothing. I just stumbled onto an interesting data point that indicated that the times when WoW was way ahead of others in the genre have ended and it is now competing among the pack.

Yes ofc nothing! What does it matter either way?

SW:Tor is still around, tho’ not a WoW killer… I doubt it ever wanted to be one. Obviously making enough money after all those years to keep the servers running and even time to time new expansions… :thinking:
2011 Dec it came out, that 10-year anniversary is only a few months away

Was a celever move, people love “free stuff”, and the illusion they can decide where and on what they want to spend their money

wow has less then 1 mill subs anyway …

Source please!

Why does it matter anyway? What are you looking to gain from it?

(Sorry, could not resist.)

belluar have made a video about it while back :stuck_out_tongue:

yea anyone’s playing mobile games nowadays

Exactly, it doesn’t matter, so why the sensationalist thread?

1 Like