New zones, new dungeons and new raids!

That’s great and all but the devil is in the details. If it’s the same people designing the classes then we’re doomed. Their idea of a ‘class fun to play’ is just horrible. How do you communicate fun? You don’t, they lack the vision, I’m not sure how they are gonna see the light now. You just needed to fire them and try some other devs with a different perspective of what “fun” is.

And then we have the zone designers … the two new zones in 8.2? They were crap, crap! They look and feel awful and have no rewards for full geared mains, +0.1% dps on rng gear is not worth grinding the zone …

Good zones were timeless isles and Argus, at least in terms of feel. Argus had a problem of nothing there to do after getting your mounts but god I loved that zone, especially Mac’Aree, I just had 0 reasons to go there after getting the mounts.

Again, no talk about that. How do we know you’re gonna make it different if we don’t hear you talking about what you got wrong?

As for raids, yay new raids but no new tier sets. They said they gonna “add bonuses”. They also said that before BFA, they said then that raid loot will have special stuff to substitute for lack of tier. Yeah, we’ve heard that before.

Also, mythic cross-realm still locked behind HoF … there are very very few mythic raiders, why do we wanna add the realm barrier? People just wanna play, they don’t care about HoF or achievement. Make HoF require a single realm or something. Let people JUST PLAY. You clear heroic on week 3 or 4… and then what do you do? Everyone needs to progress, this game is about progressing regardless of difficulty/skill.

Oh, mega-dungeons! Yeah if they are like Kara they’re great. Very good difficulty, very nice art, and some significant BiS rewards. Plus a mount run that is really challenging. Why did the rest fail? Because they did not have those. They were not chill/mystical, kara had that chill feel to it. They were not challenging enough. They were not rewarding enough. They were just noisy and long. Adding more bosses to a dungeon won’t put it in the league of Kara. So no mention of how they gonna re-approach mega-dungeons. I’m starting to believe Blizz makes good content by accident …

M+ Seasonal Rewards? No talk about that. You see when something is seasonal people actually care about it. Nothing motivates people to play more than the removal of rewards. I did most of the tower challenges in Legion … I still have not done Glory of the Hero from Wrath. I had 3-4 ach remaining near the end of wrath and friends told me “you can get it during cata, it’s not being removed”. Guess what? 10 years later I still have not done it. Blizz seems to understand that, that’s why we have pvp seasonal rewards; mounts and mogs. But they just intentionally dropped the ball on the PVE rewards.

Then we have professions, every expansion, EVERY expansion, they say they gonna make crafting more meaningful. What changed? They removed all mats and everything meaningful you craft is soul bound now, along with its crafting mats! Overall, they are in an abysmal state and not just the crafting ones, consumables as well. Why can I use consumables from earlier expansions? Do you see me wearing gear from earlier expansion? Run speed, water walking, glider, repair, tomes, … you should be only using current expansion consumables. Also, Why arent’ there consumables like those in classic? Oils, sharpening stones and what not? Professions need serious addressing beyond the statement we hear every expansion.

This game is heading straight to the trash bin if you keep ‘fixing’ everything except what’s actually broken.

i disagree with these points

you can use old professions stuff even as high lvl what needs is to add NEW better stuff in current expansion. eg. old swiftness potion 50% run speed increase, bfa potion 100% run speed, shadowland potion 125% increase etc.
you dont need to destroy fun but to improve fun and add niche markets for lower levels to be able to interact with the economy and higher levels

also bring back sockets, enchants for all slots, shoulder glyphs,tailor cloak/legs, lw legs enchant, glyphs in general etc

You need to make the same potion, again. Old one 50% speed only works up to level 50. New swiftness potion will be available from new expansion. The point is not to remove fun consumables, but to add them with updated mats and new recipe. You don’t need to go farm old mats, and you can’t use an old stockpile from a previous expansion. That’s the point of my suggession.

That’s a terrible approach to any issue

That’s some high level bullsh*t right there. Nazjatar biggest issue was that benthic gear was BIS gear.

They kept talking about the things they did wrong all blizzcon long FFS

Mechagon was well received tho

That’s a terrible idea to just disable old recipes just for the sake of it.

Do you even know what you’re talking about ?

1 Like

Mechagon is crap compared to Kara and it’s not well received compared to Kara.

Old recipes belong to old expansions. Current world content can’t offer much when we can’t add new recipes and new mats for the new recipes because they already exist.

Nazjatar biggest issue was it was crap and ugly, not fun and not rewarding. The gear was RNG, which is not fun. There is nothing wrong with the concept of world content that rewards BiS, as long as it’s well planned and gated behind fun content. Darkmoon cards were BiS in during many patches over the years, you just had to buy them off the AH. In wrath, some BiS items were bought from vendors using emblems. No one complained. If you can’t see that well then you probably shouldn’t comment on game design issues … now I can see why the devs are horrible; they must be just like you.

If they did we’d have a working economy, which we don’t

What’s your source on that ? Your experience ? Do you still remember that you’re not the only one playing this game ?

That’s stupid. You could have upgraded or different recipes for the last expansion and the previous one wouldn’t really be an issue.

What you’re asking for is to remove any value in the old content ressources. It doesn’t help in any way and further reduce the amount of profitable recipes.

Or was it ? If there’s anything the community managed to agree upon, it’s that the art team outperform every patch and has been carrying wow for the past few expansions. 8.2 included.

When you can get one item in a 5min WQ with minimal RNG (crit boots had a 25 or 33% drop rate iirc) which outperforms every other item in the game, even the mythic raid drops, then that’s an issue imo.

But your point was that Nazjatar wasn’t rewarding, although it clearly was more rewarding than any outdoor zone in wow history has far as raiding is concerned.

Ion even admited the gems and stats was an unintended mistake but that’s not even my point. Without the gem socket the item still outperformed mythic raid drops, with minimal rng involved.

Was any of these BoE BiS obtained in 5min of the lowest effort content ? Don’t think so but feel free to give me a valid counter point.

But overall you’re right, your opinion on everything is shared by everyone and anyone daring to point out the numberous flaws in your post should be the reason why the game is dying.

I’ve read your entire post.

Gotta say, either you are too skeptic or you just didn’t bother to fully listen to what they’ve been talking about.

I’m thinking former.

A few points i want to talk about.

The professions as they describe it is going to be fine. Being capable of choosing the stat you want on the piece of gear you’re crafting is already enough of an addition in my opinion. Yes. Professions are nice and everything. But they’re not supposed to be everything when it comes to gear or progression.

Seasonal rewards for mythic+? It’s already dropping the most amount of high end gear in this game. More than raid. A LOOOOOOOOOT more than pvp. I think that’s more than enough reward for mythic+.

They’re addressing AP removal, Class unpruning, titanforge removal, the problem with sockets, problems with mandatory content such as world quests, etc.

If you can’t see all the positives that they’re talking about, then i’m sorry but i think you lost your spark when it comes to WOW and maybe it’s time to either go back to playing classic or just quit entirely.

Now I wouldn’t say this if the new expansion shows up and we find out that it was all talk and no action. Then, it’s perfectly fine and acceptable to complain. Right now however? not really.

You also mentioned zones. You hated 8.2 zones? I loved them both. Specially nazjatar after being able to fly, which basically happened 10 days after patch release, so i didn’t need to hate it for too long. The design was great, benthic was a decent idea that went too overboard thanks to RNG sockets, but still nice. A lot of good ideas came out of that patch, and i still stand by the fact that it was a step forward.

Did it fix everything? No. Did it only come with solutions while not creating problems? Still no. But generally, a good patch. SPECIALLY the essence system.

As you see, what you consider a failure and disappointment in wow, i consider potential for improvement.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.