Newcomer Chat

Hello everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this post, but alas, I couldn’t find a more pertinent place.
So, with the pre-patch came the “guide”+“newcomer” feature, which if signed up, paired more experienced players in a big community chat with people new to WoW.
I was very excited about this feature, I love helping people, plus would have the chance to maybe make new friends while guiding them in this world I’m so passionate about.

However, this feature has nothing but disappointed me.
Since joining this [Newcomer Chat], I’ve been thrown into the mix with people from non-english realms. Which means the point of being a guide in the first place is completely gone. Sadly I can’t speak Russian, so I’m wondering if this is intended or an oversight by Blizzard? Has anyone else experience this? Is there a way to change which Newcomer Chat you’re associated with? Simply because I can’t understand anyone in there, rendering it pointless.
Also, some of these “newcomers” are also spamming in that chat with guild recruitment/service selling, which is just a sadness to see.

Thank you for reading and if you know of a fix that I’m completely missing, please let me know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.