Next class , does it have to be another Hybrid?

So every new class in game , all hybrids.

I understood why in the past , more options in a time when there was only 3 tank classes end of TBC. But now because there so much diversity.

Why not have a pure dpser ? Why would that be so criminal ?

I enjoy dpsing alot more than healing. I love playing my rogue and hunter. Both dps class only.

What do you guys think another hybrid or just go for a pure class ? Would it put you off playing or re-rolling to one ?

1 Like

What about a pure healer? or a pure tank? Just different specs / styles.

I’m fine with hybrid or pure anything really.

1 Like

Did you not see yesterday’s thread , woman crying she couldn’t do Korthia in resto spec and didnt WANT to respect

1 Like

Weren’t DKs initially pure tanks? Probably didn’t work too well if they changed them.

I rarely change to ele for doing world content, too much hassle changing gear, legos, etc., but resto is perfectly fine.

1 Like

i hope there will be none because theyre struggling to balance the current

4 Likes

I think they all could somewhat but it wasnt the intention :thinking: not sure though.

One thread doesn’t equal everyone, also what does her gender have to do with anything? :man_shrugging: Besides thats something easily fixed on the design side of things.

I think Blizzard are reluctant to add a pure dps class due to the size imbalance between the different roles. With new classes they want to encourage people to go healer/tank.

The influencers are taking a break, so i dont expect blizz to be influenced by anyone at the moment.
But the influencers will come back highly influenced by ff14 after which WoW’s specialization tab will look a bit different. And probably the professions tab aswell.

We need another mail wearing class. That’s all I know. I’m more for getting all races can be all classes, though. At the very least let Nelfs be Paladins reeee.

1 Like

Dk could be dmg in all 3 specs i think and you could do a tank in frost and Blood back in the day?
i can be wrong but i remember people talking about frost being tank and blood being tank too xD

There won’t be a new class added to the game, nor should there be. They have their hands full trying to figure out the design on the current 36 classes.

1 Like

I think the thing stopping new classes from coming is a sense that each class must have a strong lore reason behind it, and there don’t seem to be any convincing ones at the moment. Its like when fighting the legion, there was a clear way to incorporate demon hunters, when fighting the lich king, there was an opening for some sort of necro-themed class. Nowadays wat class could u add which isn’t already covered by something else?

If you ask me the only way to add a new class right now is to come up with an entirely new form of magic, something you’d add to the big wow-lore-cosmology chart. The new ‘blarg’ magic could allow you make a ‘blargmancer’ class

Yea at start people used frost as tank and blood as dps, then it slowly get to point where blood was tank and frost was dps, but there were niche situations where deep frost was used as tank. Unholy was always dps, at least on live, not sure about beta/ptr.

But it was fun that way, in curent minmaxing meta it most likely wont survive, but it was kind of good to have some different options… Something like back in the day when people used enha as tank or dw/2h war tank…

the problem is not the spec of the class… the problem is they adeet 3 melee clases since the game began. dk-dh-monk all are melee clases… we need another range. melee spots in raids are lower then range usualy but there are more melee… we need a range class and as for armour tipe it needs to be mail… only hunters and shaman use mail.

lol saw that :rofl:

All three DK specs could tank in different ways (unholy being the one who struggled the most.) They were still primarily a 1 tank/2 DPS hybrid class from the start.

I would rather not have another pure DPS class added to the game. Eventhough I do not do pug content at all it is a well known fact that pure DPS classes have it hard when it comes to pug content. Only having DPS specs leaves you vulnerable for diva tanks and/or healers too, where on a hybrid I can just swap over to a tank/healer spec and continue doing the content I want to without someone trying to hold me hostage.

I wouldn’t re-roll if it is a pure DPS class. I may consider if it is a hybrid, double so if the role formula is ranged/tank/healer instead of melee/tank/healer. We have an overabundance of melee as it is.

There isn’t a necessary need for a new magic type. People already brought up Tinkers as a possible new class before, whom would use mail armor to round out the armor class differences.

1 Like

because dps specs outnumber tank and healer specs by far.

in my opinion, dps specs have gotten enough attention over the years and im absolutely sick of it.

they need to focus more on healer and tank specs and i d rather them introducing pure healer/tank than dps classes.

As much as I’d like to agree with that I personally wouldn’t go with a pure tank/healer class, purely from a raiding perspective.

In a raid group being able to flex in your role makes you a valuable player, which in a healthy roster means that you will have atleast one backup tank, and a few backup healers (healers have this issue more because each raid tier has different healer number requirements.) If you needed 6 healers for a single boss in one tier, but in the next you only need 4 or 5 at maximum it means that you have to either rotate in healers (one healer is always sitting on the bench) or you rotate in which healer goes to DPS spec on a given boss.

This of course is further amplified on higher difficulties, and if your class only has healer and tank spec then you will likely sit on the bench on numerous fights which are not healer intensive.

Well, that’s kind of normal. In m+ dps/healer/tank ratio is 3/1/1, in raids depends on composition, but hardly more than 2 tanks and 5 healers.

doesnt mean we should give dps even more choices when tanks and healers classes are underrepresented.

i mean god forbid they introduce more healer and tank classes to choose from and people might pick up tanking because they found a class they enjoy…