Nightborne racials NEEDS A BUFF OR REPLACEMENT and they NEED more options when customizing

So, Nightborne racials and customizations… where do I start. I don’t mean to “whine” or anything, I wish to share my opinions and perspective, and hopefully speak for if not all then most that are unhappy with the Nightborne, so here I go.

It’s ONE OF THE worst races in WoW currently, and isn’t very common to come by(players) because of it. I personally picked the race for the looks and lore, many others does too, but performance wise … well it’s actually terrible. And many, MANY people care about their damage/healing/tanking output. People might say “Well if you want a good performance, then simply roll another race or stop complaining about it.” Firstly, as I stated above I picked the race because I love it for many reasons excluding the terrible racials. And many others do too. But at the same time, we also wanna perform well and do well for our team/group, racials in the game aren’t very impactful, but it makes a difference. I wanna see Nightborne being slightly better, but I mainly care about us having more customization options, that is the most important topic in my opinion.

1% increased magical damage dealt - Sure, useless for warrior and whatnot, meh for casters. Hardly worth mentioning really, not a big deal. Blood elf racial with their 1% crit is a lot better. Now note that it says MAGICAL, not physical or anything, so obviously it’s useless as a melee and perhaps other things that I have missed or don’t know of.

Arcane Pulse - Active racial is completely and utterly useless in almost ALL situations (I say almost because I’ve found the only relevant situation to use it in to be in low level dungeons where the tank/dps/healer does a big pull and is about to die, I used Arcane Pulse and saved him/her/they purely because he/she/they had a bit of space granted from the 50% AOE slow, this can obviously also be a bit useful in end game content whereas your entire team lack the source of slows, hardly an issue though), This is however semi-useless for warriors who has constant slows(Arms, Prot, maybe Fury), there are a few azerite traits that can also slow the target(s). 50% slow is hardly worth thinking about considering your class and tools you possess. And to top that off, it hardly does ANY DAMAGE. Compare it to that of the Lightforged Draeni’s active racial. Yes, it is AOE but is it actually worth using? I’ve had my fair share of a Nightborne at max level and levels below that of 120. It’s simply just an ability you don’t use because it’s a waste of a button or time. Sure, if you lack AOE then I guess it’s somewhat good but it’s not even close to that of other AOE abilities, but then you think, “But it’s a racial, they shouldn’t be OP or strong, just remove them.”, I’m not asking for it to be strong, I’m asking for it to be impactful or rewarding depending on the situation in one way or another, sure 50% aoe slow, we have frost mages for that, prot warriors and whatnot. But the AOE slow should have a slight buff IN MY OPINION, why? Because right now it’s irrelevant. If not that, then buff its damage. Oh also it’s on GCD(Global Cooldown), which makes it even more irrelevant. It has a 3 minute cooldown of which is WAY too long after taking all of these things into consideration and thought. Long story short, increase the slow to 60% or 55% ish, and/or increase its damage by a percentage or two. And/or decrease its cooldown from 3 minutes to 1.50(1 minute 50 seconds) or 2 minutes. Even if it’s just one of these, it will if not greatly, then slightly increase its impact and relevance to even be considered of using.

Cantrips (The mailbox that you can summon) - It has a 10 minute cooldown, I feel like this is good to have and is very situational, but it’s also a long cooldown to re-use it once more, if it’s not too much to ask, shorten it down to 8 minutes or 9 minutes. I have nothing more to say regarding this racial on my behalf.

Ancient History (Inscription skill increased by 15) - This is pretty good in my opinion, why? Enchants and whatnot are very sought for in end game content, as well as past content. It makes good gold, you can make glyphs and all that. I don’t have anything bad to say about this actually.

Arcane Resistance (Reduces Arcane damage taken by 1%) - I mean, it’s not terrible but it’s not the best either. It’s 50/50. Arcane attribute/spells/magic isn’t very common in end game content RIGHT NOW from what I know of. Though it’s also only 1%, so it’s hardly worth the thoughts or complaints.

Customizations - We deserve to have more skin color(s) and hair choices for both M(Male) and ESPECIALLY F(Female). And I believe that all who likes/loves Nightborne and wants to roll a Warlock, if not all then a high majority of that wants to see an option to almost if not fully look like a Felborne. This includes a fel-ish/green color or something for Warlocks. Why? Because we see that Nightborne that has been inflicted with fel magic or bring themself into the atmosphere of its magic have their skin and features changed too. So what can we do for Warlocks? Have their eyes be green, their tattoos green from purple and a bit more greeny body color. No, I am NOT asking for a demon hunter ripoff, I’m asking for a felborne feeling or kinda look FOR WARLOCKS, as they tap into fel magic and whatnot. It brings more variety, more reason to roll a Nightborne Warlock and plus, you’d look badass! I’m not saying that you’re forced to look like one, just that you’d have more options to customize with when rolling a Nightborne Warlock. Though overall, Nightborne lack many things in customization, we need more hair, body color(s), then the extra for Warlock(Doesn’t have to be for Warlock only, but makes most sense with it), with that being said, you roll a Nightborne Warlock, then you have options to choose green or purple eyes, either green or purple tattoos and then a skin color. I can only speak for a few and not everybody at once, but I promise you that many agree and want this to happen badly. Though for real, make a green body color happen! If not that, then other darker/lighter colors.

If you have anything that I may or may not have missed, please feel free to state it. If I’m wrong in something or some things, please feel free to state that too. Nightborne has always been my fav race, lore-wise, look wise and so forth. It’s sad to see that they lack so many things when comparing them to almost all of the other races.

I hope we can somehow make if not all, then most of these things happen!

If you want to, please add in any extra information regarding everything that I have included or things that I have missed or written incorrectly. Take care and be safe!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.